Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Gender inequality when it comes to reproductive rights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2i0ulVBVsc

Basically 20 year old female groupie has sex with arian foster and gets pregnant.

She tells foster that she is keeping the baby (unilaterally making a decision to take his money for the next 18 years)

Foster (who is married, hope he got a no fault divorce clause in his pre nup) reacts poorly and tries to pressure her into getting an abortion.

Now I am not going to defend Foster's behaviour. But doesn't anyone else see how blatantly unfair and unequal reproductive laws are in our society?

Why doesn't a man have the right to unilaterally decided to give up the rights and obligations to a child, when women can unilaterally choose to abandon new bornbabies under safe haven laws (basically its an adoption)?
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 01-15-2014 at 07:45 PM.

Default Re: Gender inequality when it comes to reproductive rights

Agreed.

Them fake tears

Love Live Life

I somewhat agree with you.

He should just get custody of the kid and that way no child support an he wouldn't have to worry bout this chick sponging money from him

Banned

women have an easy road through life, as much as they complain that they dont. All they need to do is have a baby or get married to some schmo and they can sit on their ass for the rest of their lives watching X-factor.

It's so funny to me how Arian Foster luvs to portray this image of being the high brow, intellectual, 'deep' athlete then goes and pulls a typical meathead pregnancy scandal.

I don't feel bad about him having to pay a shit load of money for his indiscretion. Most all athletes cheat and shit so that part isn't irregular but IMO you deserve to lose some of your money if you continue the sex somewhat regularly and presumably don't even go the extra mile to prevent pregnancy. Still possible the child isn't his though.

I see what you're saying but I'm not gunna cry injustice for a guy who initiated an affair at TRAINING CAMP of all places (bad timing on his part) and went to extra efforts to continue the fcking in different time zones and make it regular. Maybe this chick was looking to get pregnant but he's not absolved from having to answer the bell when Child Support comes knockin at his door. If this chick is gunna carry his seed for 9 months and seemingly be a single mom, he doesn't deserve to have the matter swept under the rug for his own convenience.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

And the idiotic, amoral, and utterly futile crusade continues.

Pick one.

Because the woman carries the baby in their body, which assumes the risk of carrying a baby and childbirth. (My wife had a pretty serious condition for about a year from the 2nd pregnancy.) The man does not. I've been through two pregnancies. My wife carried a rock around with her and a pool around it to carry the rock. I said reassuring things and bought things. It's a bit easier being the man.

Some of you have very little respect for woman or any clue on being a man if you think that anything that has to do with children is something to ridicule women about. Grow up.

NBA Legend

Some families value their children, others commodify them.

As the wealth gap continues to broaden in no small part because of that, we agree to give the government more power (power the founding fathers died to protect) in order to help even things out. Even when WE'RE not the people who had the kid.

It's because we're super smart and liberal and so like, advanced and stuff (and everyones gotta know it!)

God blessss the UUUUUU, S, AAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Hey ral men wears green, you're like so super smart and progressive n stuff. can you tell us some more really smart things about how like the evil corporations are stupid and its only fair if the 99% get more relief so they can not let like the stupid corporations make teh money and everything man???

Seriously, you're so intelligent (i know because you're loudly liberal so im sure that means you must be really smart), we need you to educate us dawg!!!!

Starface again? Sad.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Just don't have sex with women you aren't willing to impregnate. If you can't accept the risk then don't engage in the behavior. Have a wank.

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    Just don't have sex with women you aren't willing to impregnate. If you can't accept the risk then don't engage in the behavior. Have a wank.
    The OP has a major problem with people actually having to be responsible for their own behavior.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    And the idiotic, amoral, and utterly futile crusade continues.

Pick one.
    exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    The OP has a major problem with people actually having to be responsible for their own behavior.
    And people don't see pregnancy or birth as a hardship for women for some reason. It's baffling. They really are like children, themselves first always. As men.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    And people don't see pregnancy or birth as a hardship for women for some reason. It's baffling. They really are like children, themselves first always. As men.
    So you wouldn't spend 9 months slightly handicapped to make 5-10k a month doing nothing for the next 18 years of your life?