Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Default Re: The Bulls will regret their decision if they draft Rose over Beasley

I don't like Beasley in the prospect that he doesn't have a real position. His skills are not defined towards any role and he'll just be one of those tweener type players that'll be lost in playing the perimeter and playng in the post. I've realized I don't like those type of players and rarely see those type of players succeed immensely.

National High School Star

Default Re: The Bulls will regret their decision if they draft Rose over Beasley

I was leaning towards Beasley at first, but I'd have to agree with Da KO King that after the hiring of Vinny Del Negro I'd prefer a potential franchise PG with a higher ceiling to grow as a player IMO

Quote Originally Posted by baseketball4life
    i agree, Beasley is far better right now, and is less of a gamble. If Rose turns into a Deron Williams (as experts are projecting) than Rose would be better than Beasley, but the odds of that happening are probably 50-50.
    I'd take my chances on Rose he could be like a franchise player while Beasley wouldn't make everyone around them better as Rose would. There are no regrets drafting the best point gaurd in the draft and perhaps the only true point gaurd of the draft. Plus with Beasley's height he's more of a SF and the Bulls don't need that. A guy like Rose could really help the Bulls big guys excell and be a leader for many years. Him being from Chicago also adds excitment and motivation not only for himself, but also for the fans. So Rose is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    I don't like Beasley in the prospect that he doesn't have a real position. His skills are not defined towards any role and he'll just be one of those tweener type players that'll be lost in playing the perimeter and playng in the post. I've realized I don't like those type of players and rarely see those type of players succeed immensely.
    Exactly, while there aren't as many questions when it comes to Rose. In my oppinion he would be the smarter pick for the Bulls.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Style
    Exactly, while there aren't as many questions when it comes to Rose. In my oppinion he would be the smarter pick for the Bulls.
    The only reason there are not as many questions about Derrick Rose is because he'd be a "better fit" with both Chicago and Miami than Mike Beasley. If the situation was reversed the weaknesses in Derrick Rose's game would be pointed out.

They're both superstars and future all stars. You can't go wrong with either one, that's why Stern put them at #1 overall. Rose will be better than Paul and Williams. He's more athletic and his potential has no limit.

Beasley is a beast but he does have character concerns and when you look into his eyes, you can see looney tunes playing. He has zero focus.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Michael Beasley is expected to be a 20+,10+ guy in his career and play tough basketball, which means that he should be far better than that Larmar Odom.
    Beasley has a great chance to be 20-25 ppg scorer in the not so distant future but I doubt he ever averages close to 10 rpg.

Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    Beasley is not gonna be a PF. He 6-7. He's more of a small foward
    If you watch mcdonalds slam dunk contest he damn near dunks the ball between the legs from the free throw line. 3 inches isnt going to hurt him any. He proved in college he is the best damn rebounder there is. HE also scored 3rd best in college without getting many passes. I watched all of Kstate games that point guard pollin is a damn ball hog and wasnt skilled enough to get the ball to beasley efficiently. The nba will be a different matter beasley will get the ball and he will dominate on a regular basis. He is 19 he can still grow too. the bulls dont need a point guard they need a scorer. ben gordon is a short midget that can score but when a team wants to shut him down they can. With beasley we will have someone to actualy go to. The bulls do not need Rose that bad what they realy need is to make some trades and get a PG that way.

Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

what does beasley have to make him dominant.

Strength
    Shooting skills (3 point shooter)
    good dribbles.
    Versitile he can play PF if needed
    athletic this guy gots tyrus thomas beat
    Drive - he wants to be the best in all of NBA

I know we need the PG but realy we need beasley it would make hinrichs job easier and ben gordons job easier. To tell the truth hinrich and gordon should be shipped out so sefelosha and hughs can take over as starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Everyone knows that Derrick Rose is a nice player, but just like he himself admitted a month ago, Michael Beasley is a way better player than him. Besides, the Bulls already have a not-too-bad backcourt and they badly need a inside scorer like Beasley. In a word, Beasley fits better in the current Bulls team than Rose. As a consequence, I'd say the Bulls will regret their decision if they do take Rose over Beasley during this draft. Seriously, why do people think the Bulls would draft Rose? Just 'cause he's from Chicago?
    Just cuz he's from Chicago doesn't mean anything. Half the players in the league are from Chitown from Wade to Finley.

The reason why Rose has the advantage is because the league has made the NBA a pu$$y league. And the no contact favors PG's. That's why with the new wave NBA rules, it makes sense to get that dynamic PG.

Quote Originally Posted by baseketball4life
    i agree, Beasley is far better right now, and is less of a gamble. If Rose turns into a Deron Williams (as experts are projecting) than Rose would be better than Beasley, but the odds of that happening are probably 50-50.
    How could you say a player with more character issues is less of a gamble? that doesn't make any sense. he's got red flags all over the place. anybody who goes to 7 high schools in 4 years has issues.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by new noise
    People are getting it severely twisted. Beasley won't be putting up 25 and 12 in the NBA the way he did at K-State. The kid dominated on a mediocre college team with no other legitimate stars, and in three or four years people will be all over him for doing nothing besides scoring, ala Carmelo.

Rose carried his team to the NCAA championship game, a few missed FT's away from the win, and made former scrubs like Chris Douglas-Roberts and Joey Dorsey look like first-round picks in the process.

It's not a contest. Potential franchise point guard vs. potential scoring champ who maybe gets 5 rebounds a game? I'm taking the first one and not looking back.

I can tell you didn't watch college basketball that much. CDR and Dorsey weren't scrubs before Rose came in. They were pretty good, sir.

Nevermind, BFresh already got you there.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    The only reason there are not as many questions about Derrick Rose is because he'd be a "better fit" with both Chicago and Miami than Mike Beasley. If the situation was reversed the weaknesses in Derrick Rose's game would be pointed out.
    How do you figure Rose is a better fit for Chicago? Hinrich didn't light it up last year, but he's a better than average NBA PG. Where the Bulls need help is frontcourt scoring from about anywhere--midrange, the high post, the low post. They need one guy who can create his own shot Beasley gives you that.

Quote Originally Posted by eeeeeebro
    . the bulls dont need a point guard they need a scorer. ben gordon is a short midget that can score but when a team wants to shut him down they can. With beasley we will have someone to actualy go to. The bulls do not need Rose that bad what they realy need is to make some trades and get a PG that way.
    That's the thing players like BG and Deng will realize their potential playing next to Derrick Rose who has insane play making ability and vision. You can't go off of the past with players like Gordon and Deng when you're talking about adding the best PG in the NBA Draft to the mix. It changes everything!

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago76
    How do you figure Rose is a better fit for Chicago? Hinrich didn't light it up last year, but he's a better than average NBA PG. Where the Bulls need help is frontcourt scoring from about anywhere--midrange, the high post, the low post. They need one guy who can create his own shot Beasley gives you that.
    Beasley's scoring ability will largely depend on matchups. His area of effectiveness will be determined by whether or not the player guarding him is taller or shorter than he is. Rose's responsibilities will not change regardless of opponent.

With a brand new head coach with no coaching experience at all the stability that comes from having a player perform the same job every game is invaluable.