Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Did the Bulls overachieve last regular season? Phil Jackson thinks so

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    most defensive teams overachieve in their first season and regress next. Thats what you get from playing through hustle(defense) instead of skill(offense). Once players get tired of playing defense, they will regress because they dont have the offense to fall back.
    I agree there. I think if the team keeps healthy they can win 60 next year. The offense has to get better next year.

5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Did the Bulls overachieve last regular season? Phil Jackson thinks so

Quote Originally Posted by Vienceslav
    I think they did as much as the possibly could with that team.
    Overachieving implies that they had no business to have 60 win season, which is a bit of an overstatement i would say.Playoff wise only Celtics,Heat and Chicago had a realistic change of being in the ECF and the way the seeding turned out Chicago v Heat is what we got.
    So no overachieving to see here.
    Even with the injuries, new system, new personelle, being young best record with superteams in the mix?

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    most defensive teams overachieve in their first season and regress next. Thats what you get from playing through hustle(defense) instead of skill(offense). Once players get tired of playing defense, they will regress because they dont have the offense to fall back.

Most teams have second gear during playoffs and thats because they increase their efforts on defense. While bulls are already playing with their second gear during the regular season because they are a defensive team. Its good to play defense but the effects of it to players makes it ideal to play as less as possible and use it only in the playoffs. Because defense is the major cause of injuries. Just look at the defensive anchors in this league, you can only find few of them which are healthy and 1 of them is dwight but it requires for him to have that kind of body if you want to survive the contacts hes taking. So I predict bulls to regress next season. In fact their defensive anchor(noah) already hinted not liking thibs and he missed so many games due to defense. Once players quit playing defense, its over.

Dude this post is full of shit. For real, you sound stupid alluding to things with no evidence and expressing points you have no way of proving.

Good college starter

Bulls did overachieve last season record-wise. I doubt they'll win 60+ games next season but they'll be better prepared for the playoffs with experience.

Although I'm not the biggest fan of Bulls management, they're not as terribly run as the Cavs (Boozer is nowhere close to as bad a move as Larry Hughes) were when LeBron was there so I'm not that worried about the team getting worse in any way.

Thibodeau needs to hire an offensive assistant though. He's just as clueless about offense as Mike Brown is.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Dude this post is full of shit. For real, you sound stupid alluding to things with no evidence and expressing points you have no way of proving.
    He's a Knicks fan. They haven't seen a team of theirs play good defense since Clinton was President.

Quote Originally Posted by dak121
    He's a Knicks fan. They haven't seen a team of theirs play good defense since Clinton was President.
    But c'Mon now, defense causes injuries? It's best to play less defense?

You can tell dude has never been on a team in his life.

they did overachieve in the regular season...i saw them as a 52 win team but they actually got 60 wins. But as far as playoffs i expected them to reach the ECF and no further than that.

Anybody who doesn't think they did, just remember who their starting SG was.

Serious playground baller miamiandorlando's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    they did overachieve in the regular season...i saw them as a 52 win team but they actually got 60 wins. But as far as playoffs i expected them to reach the ECF and no further than that.

i agree with the regular season, they blew my mind by winning so many games, bt i didn't expect them to make the ECF

Very good NBA starter

Being in the ECF does not seem like a team that overachieved to me.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

They were still a top five team last year. I'd probably only put Dallas and Miami ahead of them to be honest. I don't know if Boston, OKC or the Lakers would've beaten them.

man i would've loved to see magic/bulls
    though rose would've been torchin jameer

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

No. They just weren't ready to beat the good teams in a 7 game series. But in the regular season they were absolutely the best team in the NBA.

Plus, they got screwed a ton by the refs in that Heat series.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    The truth hurts bro. Offense is important to preserve your health. Having a good offense enables your team to coast on defense against the lottery teams whereas your team needs to hustle playing against them. Thats why dallas won because they are the better offensive team. Thats why pjax won 11 rings because he has offense to go along with defense. Saying defense is more important than offense is like saying defensive players like ben wallace are more important than nowitzki

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by miamiandorlando
    i agree with the regular season, they blew my mind by winning so many games, bt i didn't expect them to make the ECF
    You didn't expect them to beat the Pacers and Hawks?