Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Local High School Star

^ exactly

Quote Originally Posted by geeWiz15

Frankly, I don't think Lebron actually said that. Mainly because he has a media coach and has not said one single solitary honest opinion of his since he entered the league; why would he start now? He's almost as fake with the media as Kobe is. I can't see him being this candid.

Lebron is a better leader than Kobe which is blatantly true to anybody but the most fearsome Kobe lovers. But I can easily see Lebron slipping up and being candid with the media. He is not as guarded with the media compared to a Kobe Bryant or a Tiger Woods, nor does he possess the ability to pick and choose his words as carefully as them. The reason is simply that he's not that bright. With an average intelligence at best, he pales in comparison to Kobe's smarts and articulation.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by The Mamba
    I don't think Bron was taking a jab. Not at all. He was asked a question, and he didn't respond in a condescending manner. He clearly states Kobe is a better scorer than him. And that is by all means, blatantly obvious. Just as it is obvious, that LeBron James is a more innate and natural leader than Kobe. LeBron can relate to people. He is humurous. LeBron plays good cop / bad cop. Which is for the most part, the most effective way to be a leader. He doesn't berate his teammates on the sideline, like you'd see Kobe do to Sasha. Sometimes for people who are the best at what they do (Kobe) it his hard to translate that to people not on your level. Jordan had the same problem for YEARS. It wasn't until he was able to mentor Pippen, who was closest to his level, but Pippen was a better leader than Jordan. So Pippen spread the leadership down to the rest of the Bulls. Like a trickle down effect. And this is why Jordan's relationship was so strong with Pippen in the second three-peat. They had a mutual understanding.

To be a good leader, you can't JUST give negative reinforcment. Which Kobe tends to do, because it is frusterating for him to deal with his teammates. LeBron gives both, positive and negative reinforcement. Which is the best way to go. So yes, in all, or as of right now ... LeBron is a better leader.
    very good post ! I'm impressed. Not that you're a bad poster, but it's because you have Kobe as your avatar. I couldn't have phrased it better.

jungbum

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:36 am Post subject: LeBron James: Leadership is my greatest advantage over Kobe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://sportsucc.media.daum.net/uccm.../v7717314.html
    ?u_b1.valuecate=1&u_b1.svcid=03D&u_b1.objid1=22195 &u_b1.targetcate=1&u_b1.targetkey1=22763&u_b1.t arg etkey2=7717310

An article is written by MyDaily Paper in Korea and I translated it.

[MyDaily = Reporter Kang Ji Hoon]

'The Pioneer Leader of Post Jordan' LeBron James (Cleveland) visited Korea to participate in 'Vita500 World Basketball Challenge 2006 and to meet with his fans.

On August 12th, James was at 'LeBron James Court' donating event in Whee-mun High School of Samsung-dong in Seoul. "I'm happy to see that the students are very pleased," said James. He greeted the fans by saying that he hopes that the students gain inspiration through basketball.

Furthermore, he mentioned that "Basketball is the world's greatest sports. I hope that the teenagers will attempt to play and learn the passion from me. Moreover, I find worth living by giving it out to the community. I know very much about the life of high school students, because I recently have graduated not too long ago. I wanted to give the opportunities for them to play basketball." Thus the reason why he donated a basketball court to Whee-mun High School

Last season, James averaged 31.4 points per game. It was a surprising stats for NBA 3-years new-coming player, but he had given the title of best scoring player to Kobe Bryant (LA Lakers), whom averaged 35.4 points per game. They're the rivals whom will meet at the superior levels for years to come.

James said "Kobe has the scoring powers and wills to score anywhere on the court.
    Since both Kobe and I have the wills to win, it's very fun to play games with him. But I'm inherited to lead and also born with the leadership. That is my greatest advantage compared to Kobe."
    James said he respects Michael Jordan the most. "Since my childhood, I respected Jordan and he is the player that everyone has to love," said James. At press conference in Coex Intercontinental Hotel on the 12th, James said "I feel overflowing just being compared to great player like Jordan."

James participated as a member of the "Dream Team" in Athens Olympic of 2004, but Team USA have only scored a bronze model. Regarding this statement, he said "I was a rookie at that time and had no experience. But for this event, the wills to win are superior. Fellow players such as Dwayne Wade and Carmelo Anthony are also full with passions."

At 'LeBron James Court' donating event, Team USA members, Joe Johnson (Atlanta) and Chris Paul (New Orleans) have participated too. James and Paul created a fantastic slam dunk to give a wonderful and unforgettable memories to Korean fans
    Scoring powers

I hate how every god damn interview Lebron has to say he's a leader. Like he's trying to convince his damn self. Then to say he's a better leader than Kobe? Does he have some proof or something?

This guys great, but he gets on my ****ing nerves

Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar

Lebron: "I told ya'll I was a better leader, I'm bringing home Bronze"

Banned

Default ...

Did any other young players compare themselves like that to older players. I dont think Jordan went around calling out MAgic Johnson or LArry Bird or Bernard King.

AI never called out Jordan or D-Rob.

But LEbron gets a free pass for calling out a future hall of famer??????

What if Kobe said " my biggest advantage on LArry Bird is my defense" ITs true but who cares. LArry was still better.

Real players let history tell their story and make their legacy. The dont go around trying to set up quotes to make themselves out to be something that they arent. If you wanna see a natural leader look at avery johnson or Mark Jackson, they were born to lead.

Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar

Amen. Sam Cassell is a natural leader too. His argument is even dumber now as they lost to Greece, where was his leadership in that game?

I don't get picked last at the park anymore wild orchid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snow
    Lebron is a better leader than Kobe which is blatantly true to anybody but the most fearsome Kobe lovers. But I can easily see Lebron slipping up and being candid with the media. He is not as guarded with the media compared to a Kobe Bryant or a Tiger Woods, nor does he possess the ability to pick and choose his words as carefully as them. The reason is simply that he's not that bright. With an average intelligence at best, he pales in comparison to Kobe's smarts and articulation.
    Lebron is not as intelligent as Kobe?says who? you make too many assumptions. Lebron has as much education as Kobe Bryant which is a high school diploma. Another thing if Kobe as intelligent and media savvy as you think he is he would not have snitched on Shaq to the cops, talked to the cops without a lawyer, took Karl Malone thing public, built the phony image of being a faithful husband when he was cheating all along.
    Lebron is leaps and bounds ahead of Kobe in the common sense department.

I rule the local playground

Intelligence is different from a diploma. I know plenty of dumb asses with diplomas. That doesn't make you intelligent. You would be the idiot, if you believed that it was actually like that. Intelligence has nothing to do with the matter you are bringing up. Everyone feels pressure from police officers, and sticky situations. That doesn't mean he lacks intelligence. Kobe had pretty damn good SAT scores. He knows three different languages, etc. Kobe is 10x more articulate, etc. But please, don't act like Bron hasn't F'ed up as well. Taking an H2 and jerseys, while strictly being watched as a high school senior? Bron has made his mistakes in the "common sense" department, just like we all have. That doesn't negate the fact that Kobe still comes across as being more intelligent.
    Last edited by The Mamba; 09-08-2006 at 12:34 AM.

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

I dont see it as Lebron taking a shot at Kobe. But at the same time its not the same thing as saying you have shooting or defending as an advantage over someone. Leadership is a personality trait and speaks to someone's character. Its not saying you can put a ball in a hoop more accurately than someone, which says nothing about the person as a human being, and is trivial. It is claiming somewhat of a superiority in character. Whether its true or not is inconsequential, neither is whether Bron meant it as a jab (which I dont think he did). It was simply unnecessary, and acts as a jab even though it wasnt intended as one.

I also think it says a little about Lebron, that he could denigrate Kobe's character so casually and not think about the implications of it. Which do exist, as otherwise this thread wouldnt have two sides to it. Its a little self-centered imo. So I guess what i'm trying to say is Lebron wasnt trying to cheapshot Kobe but he shouldn't have said it anyway.

Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by picc84
    I dont see it as Lebron taking a shot at Kobe. But at the same time its not the same thing as saying you have shooting or defending as an advantage over someone. Leadership is a personality trait and speaks to someone's character. Its not saying you can put a ball in a hoop more accurately than someone, which says nothing about the person as a human being, and is trivial. It is claiming somewhat of a superiority in character. Whether its true or not is inconsequential, neither is whether Bron meant it as a jab (which I dont think he did). It was simply unnecessary, and acts as a jab even though it wasnt intended as one.

I also think it says a little about Lebron, that he could denigrate Kobe's character so casually and not think about the implications of it. Which do exist, as otherwise this thread wouldnt have two sides to it. Its a little self-centered imo. So I guess what i'm trying to say is Lebron wasnt trying to cheapshot Kobe but he shouldn't have said it anyway.
    you stole my avatar

Saw a basketball once

first off, lebron said "Greatest" advantage.. meaning he has multiple advantages over kobe, which is simply not the case.

defensively, kobe dominates lebron.

the only thing that lebron has over bean on offense is his passing ability, which isnt even that big of an advantage. kobe is underrated like crazy when it comes to involving teammates. take a look at the dynasty , for example. kobe led the dynasty in assists. and how about the first 4 games of suns series? kobe looked like magic out there.

lebron is young.. very young. and he has 2 bronze medals. (nice leadership )

he needs to hold his tongue and wisen up before he speaks out against his elders... especially if that elder is an all time great.

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    you stole my avatar
    I registered on june 3rd with this same avatar.

Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by picc84
    I registered on june 3rd with this same avatar.
    didnt know that cuz ur not an active poster but ill change mine