Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Cavaliers Expected To Sign Anthony Parker

Quote Originally Posted by danumber88
    Not true. He is solid and can keep up with the star SG's on a nightly basis but I'm not going to overrate him because hes not a lockdown defender. He is not a struggle on the defensive side, he's just solid. The only downfall is the dude is really old.
    OK, but hes not a good man defender.

I watched him a few times last season and he couldn't guard Randy Foye at all, Foye at him up last season.

He guarded Mayo well though when I watched, not sure of the actual stats though.

Quote Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
    Ferry doesnt want that either. He loves our team chemistry and he doesnt want to disrupt that so he wants to get our team together this off-season and only make minor moves at the deadline.

and what do you mean we didnt want to re-sign him? mostly non-cavs fans didnt want him. any cavs fan can tell you how important he is to this team, and news flash, HE ISNT WORTH A BIG CONTRACT so hell yea i wanted to sign him for cheap.
    Sorry, not most cav fans - this board. It was basically, F*** HIM, let him walk. Sign and trade him for a guard, etc. The Varajeo thread before was Mikael saying people were nuts and everyone else saying Varajeo was this overrated piece os ****. No exaggeration.

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    The only real bad thing about this is Parker is already on the down turn. His stats have already started to go down, and hes not very athletic. Is this for sure that they are going to sign him?
    yep

The Cavaliers are closing in on signing Anthony Parker to a two-year deal, just under $6 million, according to a Tweet from Ric Bucher.

He's just a replacement for Sasha Pavlovic and/or Wally Sczerbiak.

I don't understand why some Cavs fans want to make this a bigger deal than it really is. His defense is okay, better than both of those two, but nothing special.

Overall it was just a replacement, this isn't some extensive upgrade like some people are trying to play it up to be.

Banned

yep
    2/$12 Million for Parker or 2/$6 Million?

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Sorry, not most cav fans - this board. It was basically, F*** HIM, let him walk. Sign and trade him for a guard, etc. The Varajeo thread before was Mikael saying people were nuts and everyone else saying Varajeo was this overrated piece os ****. No exaggeration.
    S&T-ing him for a guard wouldve been a good move too. but i only thought that was a good idea becuase i didnt think he'd want to come off of the bench, i never didnt want him back though.

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    2/$12 Million for Parker or 2/$6 Million?
    2/6. it cant be 2/12 because the MLE is only 5.8

Not airballing my layups anymore Scottish Pippen's Avatar

Parker will probably not have an important contribution to the team throughout the regular season, but the Cavs could find him useful come playoff time, specially against guys like Kobe and Carter, who they could easily face. I don't think they want to have Lebron guarding those guys the whole game, and they don't have many more options.

Banned

2/6. it cant be 2/12 because the MLE is only 5.8
    Well he said just under $6 Million.

Wouldnt that be the MLE?

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Well he said just under $6 Million.

Wouldnt that be the MLE?
    6 million over 2 years though. so under 3 million per year. he's saying that it's 6 million TOTAL.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86
    He's just a replacement for Sasha Pavlovic and/or Wally Sczerbiak.

I don't understand why some Cavs fans want to make this a bigger deal than it really is. His defense is okay, better than both of those two, but nothing special.

Overall it was just a replacement, this isn't some extensive upgrade like some people are trying to play it up to be.
    Those players were bad pickups because they were terrified of their own shadows. Parker is not. They had the tools to succeed, just couldn't. Did you see Wally against Orlando?

Lebron = gone.

Uh, Parker was being offered $7 million per in Europe, I kinda think the Cavs are spending their entire MLE for two years, just under $12 million total.

Hey, if I'm wrong, Parker must feel financially secure and want to stay in North America.

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by A.M.G.
    Uh, Parker was being offered $7 million per in Europe, I kinda think the Cavs are spending their entire MLE for two years, just under $12 million total.

Hey, if I'm wrong, Parker must feel financially secure and want to stay in North America.
    no. it's a shade under 6 million over 2 years.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sergiorodriguez
    hes pretty good but also 35 years old. He'd be an excellent backup-but they need a Ronnie Brewer type SG to start-young long and athletic and willing to work on D.
    had no idea he was that old