Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

Default euroleague qtr finals

CSKA V Caja Laboral.
    Barca V Madrid.
    Olympiacos V Asseco
    Maccabi V Partizan.

I can't see a final 4 beyond CSKA V Barca and Olympiacos V Maccabi.
    But you never know.
    I think Olympiacos and cska will have no trouble 3 0 for olympiacos and 3 0 or 3 1 for CSKA.

Barca should beat Madrid 3 0 or 3 1 , but with barca madrid you never know, if Madrid sneak a victory in 1 of the first 2 games they might have a chance, albeit a very slim one. Partizan I hope suprises Maccabi , let's have an ALL European final.
    23rd March can't wait!

Banned

Default Re: euroleague qtr finals

Terrible nightmare match ups for Barca. They get their rival for possibly a 5 game series then they get the most clutch and experienced team in CSKA. If they somehow manage to beat CSKA (Barca has a 50% chance against them) then they will get Olympiacos in the final.

Olympiacos is an awful match up for Barca because Barca's depth (what they use to win every single game) is not a factor against Olympiacos. If Barca wins the Euroleague with that road then kudos to them, because that will be incredibly difficult to pull off.

Poor showing by PAO to not let Maroussi through since Bertomeu is trying to take away Greece's 3rd spot in Euroleague. Anyway it is good for Maroussi in the long run because now they can focus on just Greek League and try to win 3rd place to get back to Euroleague. It would be really hard to play Euroleague playoffs and still have enough left to beat Panellinios, Panionios, Aris in the Greek playoffs.

Epic failure by Cibona's defense. Words do not even describe it. That is just unreal. They are the biggest chokers ever.
    Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo; 03-11-2010 at 06:36 PM.

Decent playground baller

Barcelona-Real Madrid, will be, if they arent strange injuries an easy 3-0 or 3-1 series. Barcelona are very superior not to them, but to any team in Europe and they dont winning this year EL will be an epic fail attending to their level

Barcelona-CSKA match IMO is 85-15 for Barcelona. It would be a major surprise them losing that match

I give Barcelona 75% chances of winning EL, Olympiakos 15% and CSKA 10%

All the rest have no chances

Decent playground baller

No way this CSKA team is 50-50 against current Bar

Decent playground baller

I dont think CSKA is superior than Real Madrid. I think they are at a similar level. Two steps away from Barcelona

i think just like lakas underestimates barca you are underestimating CSKA. Siskauskas alone beat barca last year, no reason why he can't do it again. I hope not , i am an avid barca fan and obviously want them to win. if barca are favourites i would say it isnt more than 55 45 ! but first they have to eliminate Madrid. yes they have been superior top them but you cant just assume an easy tie, it won't be. I think Caja laboral do have a team to complicate things for CSKA but English has been a big disappointment for them and dusko has a knack of restraining players.He nearly ruined Ilyasova's and Vasquez's careers at barca. he doesnt know how to use Eliyahu.I give credit to PAO for beating Marousi ,it is always awful when a team in sports allows another one to go through and screws up another team's chances,it would have been unfair on partizan. Cibona choked because they knew that they couldnt go through when they found out khimki had won.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    Terrible nightmare match ups for Barca. They get their rival for possibly a 5 game series then they get the most clutch and experienced team in CSKA. If they somehow manage to beat CSKA (Barca has a 50% chance against them) then they will get Olympiacos in the final.

Olympiacos is an awful match up for Barca because Barca's depth (what they use to win every single game) is not a factor against Olympiacos. If Barca wins the Euroleague with that road then kudos to them, because that will be incredibly difficult to pull off.

Poor showing by PAO to not let Maroussi through since Bertomeu is trying to take away Greece's 3rd spot in Euroleague. Anyway it is good for Maroussi in the long run because now they can focus on just Greek League and try to win 3rd place to get back to Euroleague. It would be really hard to play Euroleague playoffs and still have enough left to beat Panellinios, Panionios, Aris in the Greek playoffs.

Epic failure by Cibona's defense. Words do not even describe it. That is just unreal. They are the biggest chokers ever.
    Not a choke,they knew that ****ers Oly didnt made eny effort,and Khimki was up 15 5min to go,so they just stopped playing,even let OT and Caja wins it big,if jews can play along so can Peras with caja

Not airballing my layups anymore

Anyway,Barca is gonna kill Real,CSKA also will have easy job unless Splitter is back,without him Caja plays like GSW,I think Prokom cna take at least one game at home,they beat CSKA and Real home,and Oly can play as shit on some occasions,Partizan have chance against Maccabi,even tho I think they can't win in Tel Aviv,Maccabi always has refs on their side when they play at home

CSKA v Barca is final before final

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hyman
    Barcelona-CSKA match IMO is 85-15 for Barcelona. It would be a major surprise them losing that match
    You are an idiot.

You are an idiot.
    I hope Hyman is right!! but i put this at 51 49!

Quote Originally Posted by la bomba
    I can't see a final 4 beyond CSKA V Barca and Olympiacos V Maccabi.
    These four teams are indeed the favourites to qualify for the Final Four. I think Caja Laboral could give a good fight against CSKA if they have Splitter back and healthy.

Hopefully Partizan can win at least one game as they will be playing at Belgrade Arena with 23,000 fans supporting them.

Quote Originally Posted by baggy_b
    These four teams are indeed the favourites to qualify for the Final Four. I think Caja Laboral could give a good fight against CSKA if they have Splitter back and healthy.

Hopefully Partizan can win at least one game as they will be playing at Belgrade Arena with 23,000 fans supporting them.
    i hope partizan win one in tel aviv and then 2 in front of their fans!
    Caja Laboral with dusko dont stand a chance. We will see how they do against barca this weekend in the spanish league.

Banned

CSKA should still be considered the team to beat. Olympiacos is clearly the most talented team (although their coach is an idiot), Barca is certainly playing the best all season and if they maintain it should win, however CSKA is still the same old CSKA.

Even without Messina and Smodis they have not skipped a beat, just as they did not when they lost Papaloukas. If you meet CSKA in an elimination game you are going to get 30 plus minutes of Holden, Langdon, Siska, Khryapa and then along with them 20 plus minutes of Planinic and Kaun. If Kaun stays out of foul trouble, Planinic does not go crazy as he sometimes does, and if someone else steps up like maybe Bonsuh, then without any doubt CSKA will once again beat Barca or Olympiacos.

They still have the best individual player of all three of those teams in Siska and he has all the support he needs around him. Anyone that thinks Barca will cake walk on CSKA is delusional.

CSKA should still be considered the team to beat. Olympiacos is clearly the most talented team (although their coach is an idiot), Barca is certainly playing the best all season and if they maintain it should win, however CSKA is still the same old CSKA.

Even without Messina and Smodis they have not skipped a beat, just as they did not when they lost Papaloukas. If you meet CSKA in an elimination game you are going to get 30 plus minutes of Holden, Langdon, Siska, Khryapa and then along with them 20 plus minutes of Planinic and Kaun. If Kaun stays out of foul trouble, Planinic does not go crazy as he sometimes does, and if someone else steps up like maybe Bonsuh, then without any doubt CSKA will once again beat Barca or Olympiacos.

They still have the best individual player of all three of those teams in Siska and he has all the support he needs around him. Anyone that thinks Barca will cake walk on CSKA is delusional.
    I agree 100% with you.

good warm up game for barca in acb. beating caja laboral in vitoria! first defeat at home for caja laboral in nearly two years(in acb regular season) For those that think Rubio cant shoot,I agree he is not a shooter,but he can have his day. 5 out of 5 3s. Bring on Madrid on tuesday.