View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 10:59 AM   #26
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

1. I call out Team USA for their obvious lack in fundamental team defense. I realize how this will come back to bite us in the ass during the elimination game. I get called a hater by some goon who looked at the box scores of the exhibition games. Result: Greece beats us in the semi-finals and goes on to play for the gold medal.

2. I call out MANY Team USA players (particularly Wade and Paul) for their obvious offensive struggles in FIBA competition. This clearly stems from their lack of fundamentals, shooting, ability to make SMART basketball decisions. I get called a hater by some goon who looks at Wade's PPG and Paul's AST/TO ratio. Result:Greece beats us in the semi-finals and goes on to play for the gold medal.

3. I call out Team USA for lousy offense, mainly stemming from the fact that their is almost zero ball movement and still heavily reliant on isolation plays. I get called a hater by some goon who looks at our TeamPPG and says we are doing great. Result:Greece beats us in the semi-finals and goes on to play for the gold medal.

4. I call out Team USA for their serious inexperience in international competition. I realize that our lead point guard is a damn rookie and we literally had no international veterans outside of Elton Brand. I get called a hater by some good who says "doesn't matter, most of the games have at least played in one international tourny before." I get called a hater by some goon who looks at our roster and thinks its deep and stacked. Result:Greece beats us in the semi-finals and goes on to play for the gold medal.

5. I realized the fact that David Stern has created a league of all style, no substance four years ago. Players lack not only talent, but fundamental basketball skills that should have been developed as a kid and constantly reinforced through high school, college, AND the NBA. Instead, we have a new crop of "stars" today who should be damn college players actually learning the game instead of blowing by on athletic ability.

6. I realized the fact even BEFORE the exhibition series that our preparation for these World games is BARELY better than the preparation for the 2004 Olympic Qualifiers. We played against absolute trash such as China and Korea, which completely wasted our time and instilled a false sense of confidence(particularly with regards to defense).

**I will continue to add more as the day progresses. I'm f&cking pissed right now, not only because team USA lost, but because so many basketball retards on ISH labeled me a hater and a pessimist when I stated the OBVIOUS weaknesses of this team.

have a good day. Congrats on 4th place.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote