Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Why do some people on ISH laugh at the notion of Curry being better than Paul?

Curry: 24/9/4 on 46% shooting (42% from 3 on 8 attempts per game )

Paul: 19/11/5 on 46% shooting

Paul is a better passer and defender, but Curry is a more dangerous scorer while also being an elite passer and playmaker. But what I don't understand is why some people here on ISH don't even think it's debatable. Why the hell not?

Banned

Default Re: Why do some people on ISH laugh at the notion of Curry being better than Paul?

Scoring PG who can dish < passing PG who can score

also, dat Curry D

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Default Re: Why do some people on ISH laugh at the notion of Curry being better than Paul?

CP3 is better then Curry. If you swap Curry and CP3, how far do their teams go?

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Quite honestly, I agree with you about CP3>Curry but the Clippers were doing pretty well without CP3.

Decent playground baller

Curry is Nick Van Exel

CP3 is John Stockton

NBA Superstar

Comparing CP3 to John Stockton...

People aren't this stupid are they?

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Scoring PG who can dish < passing PG who can score
    Curry is elite in both facets though.

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

Because of CP3's playoff success......nevermind

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0

They are unfortunately, I heard Magic comparisons as well

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Curry led his team to the second round and took the Spurs to 6 games without David Lee CP3 never got any further than that.
    Last edited by Heavincent; 02-26-2014 at 09:26 PM.

Decent playground baller

its an analogy. im using players to show the difference between curry and cp3 intangibles

High School Varsity 6th Man BigMacAttack's Avatar

I like Curry more, not sure if he is better but if I had to draft one of them im probably going with Curry.

I think Curry is VERY quickly overcoming CP3 as a player. It's fun to watch this kid.

High School Varsity 6th Man BigMacAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    I think Curry is VERY quickly overcoming CP3 as a player. It's fun to watch this kid.
    He is such a weapon with his range and on top of that can play as a spot up shooter or create for himself and others, sick handles, good vision and passing, seemingly unselfish, good leadership and maturity....cant ask for much more in a point other then some D.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

You do know that Kevin Johnson, Tim hardaway penny hardaway and other guards were making all nba teams over John Stockton in the 90s right?

Do you think that there is no chance that cp3 is better than them? Exactly.

Stockton was a great player for a long time but in many different seasons other point guards were better and I don't think there is even one season where Stockton was the consensus best point guard. Longevity is important but I often think people over time confuse someone being good for longer with them being an actual better player.

I'll let you think what you want, you probably barely know what these guys even play like.