Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Default Re: Zach Randolph traded to Memphis for Quentin Richardson

Did Grizzlies get Quentin Richardson just to trade to Clippers, or did it just work out that way?

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Did Grizzlies get Quentin Richardson just to trade to Clippers, or did it just work out that way?
    I think that was the plan all along. I think Darko was offered to the Clipps on draft night, but they obviously don't need yet another big man, so they declined. Memphis sent Darko to NY for QRich and then used QRich to get Randolph.

Don't take my word for it though, because I can't remember if I actually read that about what happened on draft night or whether I made it up.

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    I think that was the plan all along. I think Darko was offered to the Clipps on draft night, but they obviously don't need yet another big man, so they declined. Memphis sent Darko to NY for QRich and then used QRich to get Randolph.

Don't take my word for it though, because I can't remember if I actually read that about what happened on draft night or whether I made it up.
    No Marco Jaric was offered to the Clipps on draft night but the Clipps didn't want him back.

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi
    No Marco Jaric was offered to the Clipps on draft night but the Clipps didn't want him back.
    Oh, I knew someone was offered, but I wasn't sure who, I just guessed Darko.

Default Re: Zach Randolph traded to Memphis for Quentin Richardson?

Quote Originally Posted by blazerjimmy
    Wow - with all the talk about Kaman, Camby, Randolph and Griffin, I had completely forgot about DeAndre Jordan - GOOD CATCH!!!

I wonder if, with him on board, the Clips will still try and move either Kaman or Camby....
    I think we'll see what we have in him this year to decide. He showed good potential last year but lets see if he can sustain it. I think he can be a Tyson Chandler type guy if he works hard.

As for ZBO... Memphis fans will see that his reputation is way overblown. Dude is a good player IMO.

It's a good trade for both teams. QRich is still a young and talented guy, even if grossly overpaid. And only one year left on contract.

I bet they can resign QRich next year at a cheap price if Clips still want him.

And for Grizz, they really only get Randolph for just an extra $7million this year (Z-Q=7)

Good High School Starter

It's a good trade for both teams. QRich is still a young and talented guy, even if grossly overpaid. And only one year left on contract.

And for Grizz, they really only get Randolph for just an extra $7million this year (Z-Q=7)

Cool. Would you like lung cancer or testicular cancer for the bargain price of $7 million this year?

Quote Originally Posted by 33teeth
    Cool. Would you like lung cancer or testicular cancer for the bargain price of $7 million this year?
    Hmmmm......can't decide..........Surprise me!!!!

Banned

This was a great move for the Clipps... but they still need a backup SG, cause Q wont be enough

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    This was a great move for the Clipps... but they still need a backup SG, cause Q wont be enough
    Id like Fred Jones to come back, he plays hard every single night

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dab0yech0

I did like his effort last season, and he made some good things happen.. but dont you think hes too mediocre to be the direct second option at the SG??

Granted he would be a cheap option, considering that the roster is pretty much set. Hopefully the Clipps can aquire someone via trade...

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    I did like his effort last season, and he made some good things happen.. but dont you think hes too mediocre to be the direct second option at the SG??

Granted he would be a cheap option, considering that the roster is pretty much set. Hopefully the Clipps can aquire someone via trade...
    Right now anything at SG looks better than Ricky Davis, hell I'd probably take Richie Frahms sorry ass, at least he makes his open jumpers.

Banned

Right now anything at SG looks better than Ricky Davis, hell I'd probably take Richie Frahms sorry ass, at least he makes his open jumpers.
    Well once you mention Ricky it does change the whole landscape of the conversation.

Anyone>Ricky 'Tendenitis' Davis

Just no Dan Dickau please..

Devin Brown!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Devin Brown!

Best 'second rate' selection yet...