Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Drake's 'Wu Tang Forever'

Wu Tang didn't make music for teenage girls. Drake does. It's really as simple as that.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Deflecting.

You really are clueless.

Keep bumping Triumph at Macy's when you're working.
    This dude is mad

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar
    Last edited by The-Legend-24; 09-14-2013 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Common Sense already did a song with that kind of theme.
    So has cormega, eminem, among others. The girl/hip hop metaphor has been played out for years.

Banned

I once made a really long, expressive post about a girl.

But if you read it carefully, you could see I was talking about Jeff.

Anything Wu ever says positively in public about Drake is straight politics. Not only did Ghostface (the real one) endorse that Drake review, but I was at a Wu Tang show about a year ago and the crowd started yelling "F*ck Drake" an Meth was egging them on.

Wu doesn't respect that cornball, wack rapper, just like I honestly don't get how anyone who is a true hiphip head could. And by the way, it isn't even about him not being "gangsta" or whatever. I actually feel there SHOULD be more balance in hiphop, like in the old days. But Drake just sucks. And I'll bet Wu respects the hell out of Kid n Play, so it ain't about that for them either. DRAKE JUST SUCKS.

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    Anything Wu ever says positively in public about Drake is straight politics. Not only did Ghostface (the real one) endorse that Drake review, but I was at a Wu Tang show about a year ago and the crowd started yelling "F*ck Drake" an Meth was egging them on.

Wu doesn't respect that cornball, wack rapper, just like I honestly don't get how anyone who is a true hiphip head could. And by the way, it isn't even about him not being "gangsta" or whatever. I actually feel there SHOULD be more balance in hiphop, like in the old days. But Drake just sucks. And I'll bet Wu respects the hell out of Kid n Play, so it ain't about that for them either. DRAKE JUST SUCKS.

I agree he sucks IMO..

I think there is a lane for Drake, but he shouldnt be trying to rep for Wu. They dont go together

He should just make those corny songs for people who like them and keep Wu Tang's name out his mouth

love it.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl

It's not that he's not 'gangsta' it's that he ACTS as if he's hard when he's not. I agree we need balance but this dude tries too hard to be hard, it comes off as corny cause he's gay.

I agree that the Wu is just being political about the entire thing. Do people really expect them to come out dissing a tribute about them? I'm sure they really are flattered that he's paying homage to them, but I'm sure they don't like the song or his style.

you guys are such sensitive little bitches

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

I will stick up for some of the mainstream rappers today...Even Wayne sometimes

I actually like Ross...

Drake sucks though and I have never liked him, like others have said he just reeks of "studio gangsta". I didn't know this track existed until this thread but after hearing it I am actually upset that he made it...why...why...why.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

I have never gotten the impression that Drake "tries to be hard".

Where are you guys getting this from? A few mob references in his lyrics that aren't meant to be taken literally?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Go listen to Mr.Excitement and tell me Ugod is better than drake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8z1gTjcb1Y

Drake is a better rapper than 3 people in Wu Tang. Well...that were in wutang.

Far as this:

Straight hating on someone for being the mainstream in thing. Talking Kid and Play?

Those dudes were rapping nursery rhymes and party tracks. And not especially great ones(though I liked a couple).

Drake is a decent to good rapper who just doesnt have a style I usually listen to. But...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9cblcG3cz4

Awful rappers dont even have the flow to do that first verse.

Gucci is an awful rapper.

Drake is more:

Havin' lunch and debatin' Ferrari prices
    23 and goin' through a midlife crisis
    But trust me, I still deliver like a midwife
    And no, I'm not sayin' I'm the nicest, I just live life like it
    It take a certain type of man to teach
    To be far from hood, but to understand the streets
    I never threw away that paper with my Grammy speech
    Because I haven't hit the pinnacles I plan to reach

Hes not rapping to appeal to people my age. But hes not just....bad.

Hes a sing songy R&B rapper with his own style.

Hes not making bad music.

Last album of his I heard was flat out better than some of the garbage ass wu tang releases.

RZA has put out some hot garbage.

You tell me this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV97j2Xl-Ic

is better than

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyBU0JZ3RbY

Im calling you a ****ing liar.

Its mostly the beat(Just blaze rarely lets you down) but its not like RZA doesnt have classic beats on his resume. And hes out there stumbling over an average beat with dumb rhymes about liquor brands and weed while people pretend hes real hip hop and Drake is garbage. But a LOT of his songs are just flat out better than the boring RZA reject beats and rhymes throw on some wutang records.

Lot of people fans my age act like are gods flat out dont put out music worth listening to.

One of you rides to Atlanta or Miami with me and we hit 100 on 85 with Lord Knows on you arent mad about it.

Not all music is for the same situation.

Drake has his place. Hes a party rapper. A ride around middle of the summer rapper.

Hes not making music to sit in the dark by yourself and nod your head to.

But hes good at what he does.

And a LOT of wu tang is just not very good. Sure isnt great.
    Last edited by Kblaze8855; 09-14-2013 at 04:05 PM.

i don't listen to rap/hip-hop but one or 2 songs that i have heard of drake are fucking awful.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Heard I think it was flex on the radio announce this song then play it.. I thought it sucked.

But drake has flow and skill on a lot of other songs..

Seriously tho andgar LOVES cherrypicking only bad moments from the new school and doing the opposite for old school
    Last edited by tpols; 09-14-2013 at 04:09 PM.