Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease plUto or bUst's Avatar

Default Re: The Lingend is over

I love Lin but the hype is out of hand. Dude should be working on his jumpshot instead of doing GQ shoots and doing tours.

Quote Originally Posted by plUto or bUst
    I love Lin but the hype is out of hand. Dude should be working on his jumpshot instead of doing GQ shoots and doing tours.
    just becuase one does a GQ shoot doesnt mean hes not working on his jumpshot.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by plUto or bUst
    How dat haterade taste, brah?

Quote Originally Posted by SevereUpInHere
    Hardly a rant, but regardless. If he does well, good for him, it won't keep me up at night. If he stinks it up, whatever too. Our owner may suck, but he made the right call not paying $15m in the final year or Lin's contract. And I though that even before his recent performances.

Nice subject change there too, oh cool, tell me more about how the Knicks suck, the Rockets are sure to dominate this season.
    The Rockets have a bright future; unlike the knicks. And Dolan didn't make the right move with Lin--he was out-negotiated. Learn the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    just becuase one does a GQ shoot doesnt mean hes not working on his jumpshot.
    When was he? Before summer when he wasn't healthy enough? After the two day camp with the Knicks teammates where he left to go to the ESPY's instead of the Select Team like he was supposed to? His tour of Taiwan which was covered pillar to post where he visited different places every day? When he came back and said his knee isn't healthy enough? (It's funny, i bitched he ditched the Olympic team and was planning a trip to Taiwan, little did i know he wasn't our problem anyway.)

I'm sure Lin worked on his game, but he spent a lot of time brand building this offseason. I'm curious how this would have played in NY, because the rumbling from the Rocket fans is doubt about Lin's work ethic and toughness. Which is about 180 from what you'd expect, even if it's small rumblings.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    When was he? Before summer when he wasn't healthy enough? After the two day camp with the Knicks teammates where he left to go to the ESPY's instead of the Select Team like he was supposed to? His tour of Taiwan which was covered pillar to post where he visited different places every day? When he came back and said his knee isn't healthy enough? (It's funny, i bitched he ditched the Olympic team and was planning a trip to Taiwan, little did i know he wasn't our problem anyway.)

I'm sure Lin worked on his game, but he spent a lot of time brand building this offseason. I'm curious how this would have played in NY, because the rumbling from the Rocket fans is doubt about Lin's work ethic and toughness. Which is about 180 from what you'd expect, even if it's small rumblings.
    in the offseason, you wont really know what a player does or not until you see his resulting play in the regular season. so its stupid to judge him now for little shit like for missing Select Team practice when you dont know really if he was still healthy to play at the time. who knows what else he was doing in the offseason or what he wasnt doing. its not fair to judge him on that criteria when no one else is judged on that same criteria.

so to judge lin based on a couple preseason games is judging him unfairly at the moment.

in the offseason, you wont really know what a player does or not until you see his resulting play in the regular season. so its stupid to judge him now for little shit like for missing Select Team practice when you dont know really if he was still healthy to play at the time. who knows what else he was doing in the offseason or what he wasnt doing. its not fair to judge him on that criteria when no one else is judged on that same criteria.

so to judge lin based on a couple preseason games is judging him unfairly at the moment.
    He spent a summer traveling and doing appearances. He spent weeks in Taiwan. He skipped the select team. He wasn't training hard all day every day, how could he? When?

I usually hit open layups

He was training when he was travelling, plenty of videos showing that

But training and practising is not the same as playing NBA level games

He spent a summer traveling and doing appearances. He spent weeks in Taiwan. He skipped the select team. He wasn't training hard all day every day, how could he? When?
    there is no wrong or right way to train in the offseason. however you want to judge it, theres no right or wrong way.

Believe

GQ still believes in the Lingend!

didn't know they made spandex suit pants

Haters like you will twist anything around into a negative. That's what haters do. If he had stayed in palo alto and trained non-stop, haters like you would have claimed he was a recluse and was ignoring his int'l fans, implying he's arrogant and aloof.

The problem is your hatred and jealousy of someone who is successful on a scale you can't even fathom. Yet you attach yourself to him like a leech, criticizing him to get some attention you can't get from anything you've achieved yourself, since you have no talent and have achieved nothing.

Why happened to "wait and see" instead of pretending to be experts and spell doom and gloom for Lin?

Lin is such a polarized figure on this forum.

we can judge him tonight.

If he was a Knick the fact he took did the Linsanity worldwide branding tour wouldn't be seen as training. Let's be real. And don't give me "YOU ARE JUST SAYING THIS BECAUSE HE LEFT", i was saying the same thing when he left the Select team and was on the ESPY's with Tebow.

Who rehabs an injury and trains by traveling the world and doing commercials?

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease plUto or bUst's Avatar

IMO he should have played a full season and established himself before doing the branding thing. But then again it maybe he'll be more focused this season by getting all that stuff out of the way in the offseason. We'll see how it plays out but I'm expecting Lin to establish himself as a solid point guard this season with the potential to get to all star level in a few more seasons.