View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #14
IcanzIIravor
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: I Hate Govt Workers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Long story short, my daughter needs to register for schools during a week in June IF she gets into one of the better schools (we have a good chance actually). However we need to go to Japan pretty soon (Starting May 21st for about a month). My mother in law is sick, and we are going to see her.

So basically if we get in we need a waiver of registration. Of the 3 schools we might get in, 1 said "no problem" and the other 2 said "maybe, but you should ask the board of ed how to do this".

So i call the board of ed.....
1) They tell me there is NOTHING i can do. I say what about waivers? They say "OH, you know about that. Ok, waivers exists."
2) Then i am told i cannot get a waiver because i already bought my tickets so how can it be an emergency?. I note to them the problem is going to be longterm, and we could only afford to go now (the summer the prices are sick expensive).
3) I explain why i got the tickets now and are asked what the illness is about? Note: The person asking me questions has indicated i cannot get a waiver no matter what, but is doubting if i care about the dates, or if the person i am visiting is really sick, etc.

It requires a special type of asshole to work for the government. Or is is something that happens to you after you join?

I think you find lazy people at any job, not just in government. I worked with some of the hardest workers I've met in Kuwait and Iraq. People who worked 80 plus hours week, not getting overtime to get the mission done. I've met the same type of people back in the USA while here at Scott Air Force Base.

My advice is to go to the place and speak to who you can in person and document who you speak too. I'd educate myself on the various rules and regulations in place before hand to trip up anyone who gives you the run around and ask to speak to supervisors, etc. Good luck with it.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote