Default What happened to Sean May?

Did he eat himself out of the league?

Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: What happened to Sean May?

Sean "Happy Meal" May was an NBA player between 2005-2010, playing and eating for the Charlotte Bobcats, where he was famously deemed "unfit to play" by coach Larry Brown, and later cut by the Sacramento Kings. During his college career, he was the Most Outstanding Player of the 2005 NCAA tournament, helping win UNC its fourth national championship. His knees were never good, he could not stay healthy and he suffered frequent injuries. After having microfracture surgery, he did not take care of himself and never was able to get himself healthy and in shape to make an impact on any team.

He was a part of the Bobcats during their famed Sam Vincent Golden Era of Gerald "Crash" "G-Dub" Wallace, Raymond "I make punkfaces when shooting free throws" Felton, Emeka "I was REALLY the Rookie of the Year when Dwight was the #1 pick" Okafor, Jason "J-Rich" Richardson, and Adam "Ammo" Morrison. Then-coach Sam Vincent would go on to inspire the phrase 'FINE HAM BISCUIT' to mean "Fire Sam Vincent".

Sean May is currently playing in a second-tier French league putting up decent numbers with an eye on returning to the NBA and settling unfinished business with the dollar menu of McDonald's in NBA arenas worldwide.

He plays for Paris-Levallois in France.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Undersized and overweight.He misses his eating buddy, Felton, from that Carolina team.

Sad they he couldn't stay in shape or stay healthy enough to carve out a decent NBA career. He was a friggin' stud in college, though. Averaged 22 and 11 and shot near 70% from the floor in the 2005 NCAA tournament. Had a monster 26 and 12 game on like 10/11 or 10/12 shooting against Illinois in the national championship game.

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Undersized and overweight.He misses his eating buddy, Felton, from that Carolina team.

Yep, but those two fat asses were the best two players on one of the best college basketball teams of all-time.

#HEATNATION

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Sad they he couldn't stay in shape or stay healthy enough to carve out a decent NBA career. He was a friggin' stud in college, though. Averaged 22 and 11 and shot near 70% from the floor in the 2005 NCAA tournament. Had a monster 26 and 12 game on like 10/11 or 10/12 shooting against Illinois in the national championship game.
    Well.. I love that Illinois team and it'll always be my favorite.. but come on. We had a front court of James Augustine, Roger Powell, and Jack Ingram guarding him. Didn't take much to look like a monster against us. Guys like Mike Wilkinson, Eric Williams, Terence Dials looked like studs against us. Yeah, if I weren't a Big 10 fan, I wouldn't know who they were too. Channing Frye looked like Tim Duncan against us.

From that game, all I gathered was that Raymond Felton could play well in the league. That much was true.

Quote Originally Posted by ganja0710

That Japanese tattoo on his arm means "Hash Brown" in English.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatlezz

That Japanese tattoo on his arm means "Hash Brown" in English.
    It's Chinese and it means "Can" or "Able to." He must believe that you are what you eat and he clearly ate a big fat guy.

Well.. I love that Illinois team and it'll always be my favorite.. but come on. We had a front court of James Augustine, Roger Powell, and Jack Ingram guarding him. Didn't take much to look like a monster against us. Guys like Mike Wilkinson, Eric Williams, Terence Dials looked like studs against us. Yeah, if I weren't a Big 10 fan, I wouldn't know who they were too. Channing Frye looked like Tim Duncan against us.

From that game, all I gathered was that Raymond Felton could play well in the league. That much was true.

He still had a monster game on the biggest stage as an overweight undersized center and a monster NCAA tournament to boot. I get what you're saying, but it doesn't diminish what he did in my eyes. If it were the NBA, and it was a HOF caliber big man in his prime abusing a collection of bad frontcourt players in the Finals, ok. But I don't look at it that way (to the same extent anyway) in college basketball. Especially when it's two upper echelon type programs.

I understand the reason why Illinois was so great is because they had a sick backcourt, though. UNC just had better balance and two guards close to as good or better than Illinois guards.

Quote Originally Posted by kushrenada

Sean "Happy Meal" May was an NBA player between 2005-2010, playing and eating for the Charlotte Bobcats, where he was famously deemed "unfit to play" by coach Larry Brown, and later cut by the Sacramento Kings. During his college career, he was the Most Outstanding Player of the 2005 NCAA tournament, helping win UNC its fourth national championship. His knees were never good, he could not stay healthy and he suffered frequent injuries. After having microfracture surgery, he did not take care of himself and never was able to get himself healthy and in shape to make an impact on any team.

He was a part of the Bobcats during their famed Sam Vincent Golden Era of Gerald "Crash" "G-Dub" Wallace, Raymond "I make punkfaces when shooting free throws" Felton, Emeka "I was REALLY the Rookie of the Year when Dwight was the #1 pick" Okafor, Jason "J-Rich" Richardson, and Adam "Ammo" Morrison. Then-coach Sam Vincent would go on to inspire the phrase 'FINE HAM BISCUIT' to mean "Fire Sam Vincent".

Sean May is currently playing in a second-tier French league putting up decent numbers with an eye on returning to the NBA and settling unfinished business with the dollar menu of McDonald's in NBA arenas worldwide.

I always thought he was really overrated. Felton too for that matter.

I miss the Bobcats their first few years, when they seemed to be headed in a good direction. They were a scrappy group. Drafted Okafor who seemed to me like a leader and anchor, good for a decade of being at least decent once they rounded out the roster. Then drafted Morrison who I for some reason thought would be like Seattle era Rashard Lewis with Joachim Noah's attitude. And Gerald Wallace was awesome when he was with them.

Then everyone turned out to suck and it all fell apart. They can't draft to save their lives. The stark difference between them and the Thunder, who started out like 4 years after them, is chilling. That it's possible to do that well, and also possible to do that poorly.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

It's Chinese and it means "Can" or "Able to." He must believe that you are what you eat and he clearly ate a big fat guy.
    pronounced "ke yi" I believe. Yes you can Sean May yes you can.