Page 55 of 80 FirstFirst ... 5455253545556575865 ... LastLast

Default Re: Lebron James vs Kobe Bryant, in the season, in MVP talk, more

THE SUPERSTAR Asked what his MVP ballot would look like, Bryant says, "I'm not even thinking about that." But when somebody mentions that the Cleveland Cavaliers' James is a favorite because he's a near one-man team, Bryant, who was averaging 28.1 points, 6.1 rebounds and 5.3 assists through Sunday, snaps, "Put me in the East and see what happens."
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200.../lakers/3.html

Hell yes, this is when Kobe's at his absolute best. Statements like these, love them. Attitude and arrogance, maybe it's what drawn me to being a Kobe fan in the first place but that was just a neat statement and very true as well.
    This is the Kobe that should always be!

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Emile
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200.../lakers/3.html

Hell yes, this is when Kobe's at his absolute best. Statements like these, love them. Attitude and arrogance, maybe it's what drawn me to being a Kobe fan in the first place but that was just a neat statement and very true as well.
    Kobe is going to get so much hate for that.

Quote Originally Posted by KINGD
    Kobe is going to get so much hate for that.
    True lol but he's right. And you bet he was honest.
    He's going to get hate because first of all, he's Kobe and folks don't like him to start with. And then because people want NBA players to be goodie 2 shoes and neuter their character, competitiveness, fire and everything along those lines that Kobe possesses.
    Lots of hate sure, might cost him the MVP, sure, whatever, but I loved it.
    Don't suppress yourself, dude. Speak up.

Good High School Starter

True lol but he's right. And you bet he was honest.
    He's going to get hate because first of all, he's Kobe and folks don't like him to start with. And then because people want NBA players to be goodie 2 shoes and neuter their character, competitiveness, fire and everything along those lines that Kobe possesses.
    Lots of hate sure, might cost him the MVP, sure, whatever, but I loved it.
    Don't suppress yourself, dude. Speak up.
    Oh I speak up all right.:)
    Go Lakers!

Banned

THE SUPERSTAR Asked what his MVP ballot would look like, Bryant says, "I'm not even thinking about that." But when somebody mentions that the Cleveland Cavaliers' James is a favorite because he's a near one-man team, Bryant, who was averaging 28.1 points, 6.1 rebounds and 5.3 assists through Sunday, snaps, "Put me in the East and see what happens."
    What a friggin' JOKE Kobe is. The man literally has no shame, and can't stand anyone insinuating that he isn't the best player in the league.

Just another reason why no one likes him. A normal human being would have said, "yeah, Lebron's doing his thing and having a terrific season; it's going to be a tough year for MVP voting either way." But instead he says BS like this.

Honestly, I can't fathom why anyone would like him.

Good High School Starter

I told ya.
    I'm 100% that quote was taken out of context. I doubt he 'snapped".lol

:)

Agreed.

Both teams played hard 2LeTTeRS KD's Avatar

I acutally like the comment. He needs to have that confidence, even though I don't feel its that cut and dry I can respect him as a man for being man enough to say what he actually feels. Takes a big man to be real sometimes, especially when you're under the microscope like Kobe is.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KINGD
    I told ya.
    I'm 100% that quote was taken out of context. I doubt he 'snapped".lol
    I don't even care if he said it calmly. It's an immature thing to say, and clearly illustrates his oversized ego. He's a moron who's full of himself, which is the worst kind of moron.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    I don't even care if he said it calmly. It's an immature thing to say, and clearly illustrates his oversized ego. He's a moron who's full of himself, which is the worst kind of moron.
    Oh, the irony.

National High School Star

I'm not even gonna comment, because I've seen other quotes from other players taken out of context on this board and other boards as well (look at the LeBron thread from a week ago).

but when it comes to Kobe there is a double standard for almost everything, as if he can say no wrong, do no wrong, and is perfect.

That's the problem.

Not what he said. What he said is ok. The double standard most fans and most of the media has when it comes to Kobe Bryant is the problem, for everything from every quote he says to the MVP voting history.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by mjbulls23
    I'm not even gonna comment, because I've seen other quotes from other players taken out of context on this board and other boards as well (look at the LeBron thread from a week ago).

but when it comes to Kobe there is a double standard for almost everything, as if he can say no wrong, do no wrong, and is perfect.

That's the problem.

Not what he said. What he said is ok. The double standard most fans and most of the media has when it comes to Kobe Bryant is the problem, for everything from every quote he says to the MVP voting history.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by mjbulls23

That's the problem.

i agree, here's the real funny part in what you say..
    imagine if kobe had been traded to the bulls, and if he had i have no doubt the bulls would have a much better record... so here's kobe playing in the east leading his team to the playoffs, putting up good numbers and being talked about an MVP award, and the kobe bashers would be saying " baaa he had to move to the weaker eastern conference to get an MVP award...lol

flipping anti kobe ass clowns are worthless... they just hate to hate or because he threatens (insert ass clowns favorite player name here) legacy

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    i agree, here's the real funny part in what you say..
    imagine if kobe had been traded to the bulls, and if he had i have no doubt the bulls would have a much better record... so here's kobe playing in the east leading his team to the playoffs, putting up good numbers and being talked about an MVP award, and the kobe bashers would be saying " baaa he had to move to the weaker eastern conference to get an MVP award...lol

flipping anti kobe ass clowns are worthless... they just hate to hate or because he threatens (insert ass clowns favorite player name here) legacy

ya agreed.

but the Kobe double standard also works both ways (especially in his favor)....

an example is people saying he deserved the MVP in 06 and 07, and also this year....

shhhhhhh

an example is people saying he deserved the MVP in 06 and 07, and also this year....
    i agree..... myself, i'm good to go, i never really thought he deserved it in the past because under the voting criteria used he was lacking in the wins departent...