View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 12:08 PM   #4
brwnman

All his moves are inter-connected...

lets just review...

Hoffa - horrible (but drafted Roko Ukic, signed Jose Calderon, and got Uros Slokar, also Pape Sow, so all those moves make up for Hoffa)
Rafer Signing - bad, traded for Mike James - good... so a washout
Carter trade - bad but because of that trade we were able to get Villanueva, if we don't trade carter for the pick from NJ (16th pick overall) we are looking at taking a SF/SG with the #7 pick because of the team at that time... now having that extra pick allowed Villanueva to be here, a potential all-star...

so in hindsight, babcock made some bad moves but also made good moves along with it, but they always get over-looked with Hoffa and Carter... which in my opinion shouldn't be the case... I wanted Rob Babcock here and I agreed with his plan of building step by step and having cap space when needed, like the Chicago Bulls... but we got a more proven GM in Bryan Colangelo so I am not really pissed about it, but we still won't make the playoffs this year...

I liked what Mike Wilner (yes the baseball guy) said on the Fan590, he said that you have to look at the move when it was first made and what were the reactions... he continued on by saying that when the Raptors gave out the huge contracts to JYD, Alvin, Carter, AD, people were praising Glen Grunwald and saying he should be the executive of the year... but the moves didn't pay off but lets be honest, every single raptor fan agreed with that move at the time... we were all wrong on it... but the moral of the story is, that you have to look at the scenario on when that move was made, and not when its all said and done... People still keep saying we coulda had Kobe, and Iguodala, but so can 29 other teams in different scenarios...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote