Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Spurs offense is so refreshing.

Since Pop went into an uptempo offesne they have fizzled out against the Grizzlies 2 years ago, and last year they choked against OKC. They are becoming the Suns of old, a lot of regular season wins with no Finals appearances (since 2007).
    Pop is exactly what D'Antoni is NOT. Right now his best player is a very speedy 6 foot tall PG who can't shoot the 3. So, he designs his offense around that. And wins 60 games every year and is a title contender as much as anyone despite not having a top 8 player on the roster.

When he had the best player in the league at the PF/C position, the focus of the offense was a bit different. The big guys still get the ball. Duncan gets it all the time in the high and low posts in a position to create for himself and others.

You know if Pop had the Lakers his offense would be nothing like this, or what the Lakers are running currently. Offense would probably run Kobe around screens getting him on FT line-extended, and Pau in the high and low post. And he would probably have the good sense to give Howard a coherent role (either give him consistent touches in scoring position, or tell him to leave the scoring to the other guys and concentrate on defense and off/def rebounding only).
    Last edited by Clifton; 02-26-2013 at 08:33 PM.

My Pimp Hand Is Lethal Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Brandon up to his usual anti Clippers agenda. Never talked about the Spurs before, just so happens to post a video of coach Nick picking apart the Clippers. We get it.. the Spurs kicked our ass last week.

Can coach Nick break this one down?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB4WQE0Ye7c
    So much insecure butt hurt from one person. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Legend
    Since Pop went into an uptempo offesne they have fizzled out against the Grizzlies 2 years ago, and last year they choked against OKC. They are becoming the Suns of old, a lot of regular season wins with no Finals appearances (since 2007).

They are a matchup problem for teams like the Warriors and Clips, but I don't see them getting by OKC or the Heat.

Losing to the Grizz had more to do with Manu missing game 1 and playing with a broken arm that entire series, having Richard Jefferson, Antonio McDyss and a notorious playoff no show in Hill THAN it had to do with their style of offense. That team couldn't defend.

When did the Suns go 10-0 in the playoffs under D'antoni and Nash? Exactly.

Spurs this year have a top 5 offense and defense with Green, Leonard and Splitter as starters. This team is head and shoulders better than the 2011 team and even better than last years team.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Bread Kid
    So much insecure butt hurt from one person. Amazing.
    Have you read Brenda's posts for the last year or so? Literally EVERYTHING has an anti Clippers, anti Westbrook or anti Lebron agenda in some way. If you wanted to illustrate the Spurs beautiful offense there are other superb games to pull from including a couple last year where they racked up what 40 assists? I've been dealing with Brenda's deepthroating for over a year now so I spot it immediately.

The biggest matchup issue is Pop vs Vinny. Clippers handled the Spurs by 22 in LA and 5 in SA this year after being down double digits late in the game. Clippers matchup decent this year and I think both teams would prefer avoid each other in the playoffs if they can.
    New York beat the Spurs twice too. In the same fashion. Both teams did that early in the season. Neither LAc or NYK are a matchup problem for the Spurs, and the Spurs win a playoff series against them.

I guess since Detroit beat us, we wouldn't want to face them in the playoffs either, huh?

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Bread Kid
    New York beat the Spurs twice too. In the same fashion. Both teams did that early in the season. Neither LAc or NYK are a matchup problem for the Spurs, and the Spurs win a playoff series against them.

I guess since Detroit beat us, we wouldn't want to face them in the playoffs either, huh?
    He is delusional. Eric Bledsoe is the best thing since sliced bread and the Clippers could get Josh Smith or Paul George for him, even though Griffin has no post moves or jumper and is a terrible defender he is the best PF in the league, CP3 is the best point guard ever, Chauncey Billups is the savior of the Clippers, Jamal Crawford is 6th man of the year, Odom is better than ever.

Have you read Brenda's posts for the last year or so? Literally EVERYTHING has an anti Clippers, anti Westbrook or anti Lebron agenda in some way. If you wanted to illustrate the Spurs beautiful offense there are other superb games to pull from including a couple last year where they racked up what 40 assists? I've been dealing with Brenda's deepthroating for over a year now so I spot it immediately.
    I know, he should totally be dropping his wet panties at what Jamal Crawford has to say on twitter.

And no, I haven't his posts for the past year. I'm not some weird obsessive little girl.

Read what you write, and then tell me you don't act like a 3rd grader? Whats next your momma jokes? Your lucky I cant put you on ignore til tomorrow.

You still down for a ban bet? If the Clippers and Spurs meet in the playoffs this year, loser leaves the forum permanently.
    I was down for this bet when you cutely thought your team was going to beat the Spurs this past thursday.

Guy, if they meet in the playoffs, you should begin thinking of a new forum name the moment that matchup is set. We both know your going to return under a new name regardless.

Weren't you already banned for being a dumbass? What happened? The board seemed so much better.

Banned for ignorance is more like it. I asked a question I shouldn't have asked and got banned. I got unbanned because I'm a valuable poster to this forum and Jeff knows I bring a lot to the table. Why would I bet you over one regular season game? So basically you ARE down for a playoff bet if they meet? Good?
    I'm game for a ban bet. But it has to be an IP bet. No bs handle ban with you reappearing under another name.

Banned for ignorance is more like it. I asked a question I shouldn't have asked and got banned. I got unbanned because I'm a valuable poster to this forum and Jeff knows I bring a lot to the table.
    So you basically begged and cried until he relented.

<3 LeBron <3 Heat <3 The Choken One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    What does this have to do with anything holy **** your annoying back on ignore you go
    Nearly this...I usually like cf86, but that post just reeked of insecurity.

We constantly get these "people are overlooking the spurs" type threads (note: we're not anymore - if we are then we'd better wake up). But Spurs believers also need to note that for three years now we've been saying WOW THE SPURS ARE BETTER THAN WE THOUGHT - EVERYONE WATCH OUT and they flame out magnificiently. Is this team for real or is it going to flame out also?

When you look at Spurs vs. Heat, or even OKC the Spurs bring it every night - the other teams don't because they don't want to. The fact Pop can get the Spurs to play hard every night is amazing (i'd ****ing take him in a second) but do the Spurs have another gear for the playoffs because OKC does and the Heat do.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    We constantly get these "people are overlooking the spurs" type threads (note: we're not anymore - if we are then we'd better wake up). But Spurs believers also need to note that for three years now we've been saying WOW THE SPURS ARE BETTER THAN WE THOUGHT - EVERYONE WATCH OUT and they flame out magnificiently. Is this team for real or is it going to flame out also?

When you look at Spurs vs. Heat, or even OKC the Spurs bring it every night - the other teams don't because they don't want to. The fact Pop can get the Spurs to play hard every night is amazing (i'd ****ing take him in a second) but do the Spurs have another gear for the playoffs because OKC does and the Heat do.
    I don't see OKC beating the Spurs without James Harden, but what do I know.

Ball movement is the Heats kryptonite, they love when teams go ISO the Spurs would give them a real series.

Quote Originally Posted by niko

Three playoffs the Spurs barely won 50 games and were a 7th seed. No one said "watch out" for the Spurs then.

This year is different for the simple fact that the Spurs finally play defense. The best defense they've played since 2007. And along with defense, they run one if not the best offensive system in the NBA.