Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: GAME THREAD: Season Opener, Bulls vs. Heat

Holy cow, people are finally seeing this team as I do. Though it seems as if some are overreacting to ONE game, and the first real game back for Rose. Hardly a good judge of the team.

Clearly some positives to take away from the game....
    Rose is back athletically. The rust will get knocked off. He's back.
    Rose clearly has confidence in his shot, so it must be improved (or he got less intelligent when hurt).
    Still the same, pesky Bulls that never quit.

Negatives, too, though...
    No one but Rose can create their own shot, and the players surrounding Rose can't hit long shots. Been saying this for a long time now.
    The starting lineup of Rose, Butler, Deng, Boozer, and Noah has exactly ZERO players that can hit a three more frequently than I can, and that's a problem.
    We will not beat the Heat without the ability to get hot from downtown.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    Holy cow, people are finally seeing this team as I do. Though it seems as if some are overreacting to ONE game, and the first real game back for Rose. Hardly a good judge of the team.

Clearly some positives to take away from the game....
    Rose is back athletically. The rust will get knocked off. He's back.
    Rose clearly has confidence in his shot, so it must be improved (or he got less intelligent when hurt).
    Still the same, pesky Bulls that never quit.

Negatives, too, though...
    No one but Rose can create their own shot, and the players surrounding Rose can't hit long shots. Been saying this for a long time now.
    The starting lineup of Rose, Butler, Deng, Boozer, and Noah has exactly ZERO players that can hit a three more frequently than I can, and that's a problem.
    We will not beat the Heat without the ability to get hot from downtown.
    Deng for Batum?

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    I think Jimmy's gonna grow into being a solid backcourt partner for him. The Dumars to Rose's Zeke. That layup miss was shitty but I mean LeBron missed one in the first so it's not the be all end all

Rose needs to not be hesitant to recruit if he wants to win. Being the alpha isn't something he has to worry about. He's still top 5 in the NBA. But there's no other legit all star on the roster. We're gonna be the 2010s version of the 00s Mavericks if someone isn't brought in.

Start working on Love, Melo (lol), somebody. Because nobody else can create their own shot. I mean shit Nate was at least good at that.

Hell trade Deng and all the other assets for somebody, anybody!
    Not this [recruitment] thing again....Rose is not that type of guy. We need a GM that can recruit because that's not Rose's M.O or his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    See? I hate to sound like I'm trolling, but the Bulls will be the Heat's b*tch until they have a serious team. I'm supposed to believe a group consisting of Dunleavy, Jimmy Butler, Deng, and Boozer are going to challenge the Heat in the play-offs? Yeah right. Scraps do not beat great teams.
    Boozer, in my opinion, has jumped to #2 on my Bulls list. He is the only player we have that can score around 20 with a good fg% on a consistent basis.

I'm so upset at Deng and his 4 points that idk what to do. He just bricks shot after shot and doesn't offer much by way of playmaking. It's maddening.

I was one of the first people to say they weren't as high on Jimmy Butler than others. He can't handle particularly well, doesn't elevate for layups/finish strong, and doesn't seem like a difference maker overall--just a space saver until we find a better option. There will be rookies that are far beyond him offensively at SG this year.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by CanYouDigIt
    Deng for Batum?
    Sure, but why would Portland do that? And then we're still playing Butler out of position.

Best bet is to trade Deng and some of our assets for an elite SG, or at least a starting caliber one and some other pieces.

I've long-argued for Marcus Thornton (starting-caliber rather than elite). Other options could include Derozan, Redick, Beal (would have to give up A LOT), Mathews, Bradley, Afflalo, Green (doubt Spurs would trade)...

Certainly not a knock on Deng. He's a very good player. Just not what the Bulls need. Edited to take out a really stupid, far-fetched, impossible pipe-dream trade idea.
    Last edited by kshutts1; 10-30-2013 at 11:06 AM.

Bulls clearly showed flashes of being very good
    THey just didn't maintain it, obviously
    And D-Rose isn't himself just yet
    Boozer was terrific
    No reason to be negative yet. Season isn't even one day old

I do wonder about the bench, though

Clearly it's only the first game of the season and there were flashes of good play out there.

Only that I saw a disturbing similarity to the disorganised, trapped, brickball we played back in the 2011 finals against the Heat.

I think we we get a lot better as the season goes along though.

Boozer looked good when we were blown out.

But his only contributions when the game was scoreboard close in the fourth was I think 2 rebounds, and a putback.

Jimmy had a solid game during the blow out portion as well, but had a couple nice steals in the 4th. The best part of Jimmy's game that no one seems to realize is he's already good at getting to the line (hell he has been since his first game) Which showed last night. Had more than Rose even.

Rose's three selection is still baffling at times. He still needs to realize that he doesn't need to take 3 in a quarter unless he's actually hit one. 1-7 overall? Stop it at 4, you're not a guy who heats up after misses from downtown. (until proven otherwise) And more importantly half of his shot attempts SHOULD NEVER EVER come from downtown. EVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Not this [recruitment] thing again....Rose is not that type of guy. We need a GM that can recruit because that's not Rose's M.O or his job.
    Because, that worked really well in 2000, and even better in 2010.

You want to see a winning team you recruit. You don't get a second star now unless you hit it big in the draft (which only OKC and SA have done really well the last couple decades) or you buddy it up. It's that simple.

The only real recruiter GM is Riley if you believe that they didn't decide to join up in 08. Every other buddied up team did it themselves. Melo+Amare. Harden+Dwight (although there was a lot of Morey basically advertising his soul for Dwight for 18 months) The Mavericks with Dirk and Kidd. The 08 C's. It's just how the NBA works now. Is it what he's supposed to directly do? No. He's paid to play and win games. But if he wants to win he has to do it. The next couple years feature so many talented guys that NOT doing it is as stupid as drafting three point guards in the first round.

Nobody but Kobe over the last 15 years has wanted to play in Chicago that was a star. The "shadow" still looms now. And it will until the Bulls win another ring.

Team fell apart after Jimmy and Deng went out with foul trouble. That is our perimeter defense right there. Plus that through Snell into action which was awful lol.

Rose and even Noah looked a rusty.

We let ourselves get in too big of a hole and missed a bunch of open jumpers. Not a good sign when Cole and Battier are killin you though, defensive rotations were slow, although Miami looked pretty sharp and moved the ball quickly.

First real game back though. First time we had Jimmy and Rose starting together, as well as having Dunleavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Because, that worked really well in 2000, and even better in 2010.

You want to see a winning team you recruit. You don't get a second star now unless you hit it big in the draft (which only OKC and SA have done really well the last couple decades) or you buddy it up. It's that simple.

The only real recruiter GM is Riley if you believe that they didn't decide to join up in 08. Every other buddied up team did it themselves. Melo+Amare. Harden+Dwight (although there was a lot of Morey basically advertising his soul for Dwight for 18 months) The Mavericks with Dirk and Kidd. The 08 C's. It's just how the NBA works now. Is it what he's supposed to directly do? No. He's paid to play and win games. But if he wants to win he has to do it. The next couple years feature so many talented guys that NOT doing it is as stupid as drafting three point guards in the first round.

Nobody but Kobe over the last 15 years has wanted to play in Chicago that was a star. The "shadow" still looms now. And it will until the Bulls win another ring.
    I can't confirm or deny those accusations. The NBA presents these "facts" to make stories. I don't know if I believe all of them. The FACT is that Derrick is a basketball player that isn't very social and it isn't his JOB to recruit.

NOTHING says that if your star player doesn't recruit that we can't win games. THat's your opinion bro.

Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

miami 11 - 20 3 pointers Bulls 7 - 28 3 pointers. thats the only difference. IT wasnt lebron was too much... It was simply that Miami went HAM on the 3 pointers. when teams go loose on 3s bulls never win. especialy when we cant even shoot 30% on 3s...
    OF course you could say this say that. But i still feel we are good enough.

First mistake was THIBS putting a rookie on Lebron... THat cost us like 8 points.
    Second we missed Alot of WIDE OPEN 3 pointers. No excuse for that.... Other than that we did pretty good. and i expect that home court advantage had some sort of factor in this.
    You could see in bulls players faces they were embarased and nervous. when that happens the rim sorta just closes on you. I am a good shooter myself and some days the rim just closes and there is not much you can do about it. Confidence is very big for good shots. Miami players were relaxed and doing well.

Last thing i would like to mention _WE DRAFTED NORIS KOHL.... WHY THE HELL DID WE TRADE HIM

We rarely agree Go Getter, but I still respect you.

And I love eeeeeebro.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by eeeeeebro
    miami 11 - 20 3 pointers Bulls 7 - 28 3 pointers. thats the only difference. IT wasnt lebron was too much... It was simply that Miami went HAM on the 3 pointers. when teams go loose on 3s bulls never win. especialy when we cant even shoot 30% on 3s...
    OF course you could say this say that. But i still feel we are good enough.
    Miami went "HAM" because Chicago's awesome D doesn't seem to realize that Battier and Ray Allen can hit shots. They were more open, all game, than any NBA player should ever be. It was retarded.

I agree that the 3pters killed us[@eeeeeebro] but then again if they weren't falling Lebron and Wade would have exerted themselves more.

Respect [@Rose], I just don't think Derrick is that guy and I don't think he has to be for us to build around him. We have to find a way with what we have to work with in Rose which is a lot. It's up to the franchise to recruit for him...his play is enough [at the moment].

[@kshutts1] I think our defense wasn't awesome....Thibbs defensive scheme and our rotation looked about as bad as I've ever seen it. We have a lot of work to do...