Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: Woj: T-Rob to Rockets

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    DERP, they gave up two average ones today, and acquired the 5th pick in the draft. T-Rob has heaps of potential, was held back in Sac.

White has even more potential and is now with the team. Montiejunas has potential. It makes sense if they're packing up for a huge move.

I guess I'll watch and see what Morey does. Odd stuff tho.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Default Re: Thomas Robinson traded to the Rockets

The only reasoning I can think as far as this trade if that if Patterson starts over JT and opens the floor from the 3 point line to open lanes for Evans and Cousins. JT comes off the bench and becomes the go to guy off the bench with Thornton. But knowning Keith Smart that will not happend it makes to much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Yea I didn't notice Honeycutt until I saw it on TV. Sacramento for the win lol.

But I actually meant to add that it was awful for both teams. It just seemed like a lateral move.

I actually see plenty of the fit for Robinson in Houston...but they have so many guys there and, while they're all question marks, so is Robinson. I'd be looking for bigger moves than Robinson. I'd go for Josh Smith and see if Howard would follow.
    Having all those guys who are questions marks isn't necessarily a bad thing. Developing talent is a numbers game sometimes and the team is better off taking a risk on a guy like T-Rob than sitting on their hands for the next 3 years hoping Terrence Jones develops or Royce White stops being afraid of the dark.

They seem to be going with the Thunder formula of acquiring young talent and I approve. Now its on them to develop them.

Dunking on everybody in the park Phantom_Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Yea I didn't notice Honeycutt until I saw it on TV. Sacramento for the win lol.

But I actually meant to add that it was awful for both teams. It just seemed like a lateral move.

I actually see plenty of the fit for Robinson in Houston...but they have so many guys there and, while they're all question marks, so is Robinson. I'd be looking for bigger moves than Robinson. I'd go for Josh Smith and see if Howard would follow.
    I actually like the trades for all involved, Morey did Morris a favor letting him reunite with his brother, and Patterson gets to reunite with Cousins and Hayes, hopefully help Cousins get his head straight.

For the Rockets, they get rebounding and athleticism, something they haven't had from the PF spot even going back to the Scola/Landry days. Trading away 2 PF's also opens up minutes for Jones & D-Mo, who were the future anyway. Robinson will get a chance to shine in a good organization, and the Rockets now have a good nucleus going forward, not to mention they still have a max deal to offer someone, probably an upgrade at the 3?

Dunking on everybody in the park bl2k8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom_Blue
    This will be good for Cousins, being reunited with Patterson who's always been a good character guy. This should make chuckwagon happy as well, seeing another familiar face.
    Idk why everyone thinks Cousins having one of his boys on the team matters. If anything it'll be someone to tell him he's always right. Y'all talk like Patterson is a 30'yeard old vet

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Having all those guys who are questions marks isn't necessarily a bad thing. Developing talent is a numbers game sometimes and the team is better off taking a risk on a guy like T-Rob than sitting on their hands for the next 3 years hoping Terrence Jones develops or Royce White stops being afraid of the dark.

They seem to be going with the Thunder formula of acquiring young talent and I approve. Now its on them to develop them.

I'll give you this: makes more sense for Houston than for Sacramento.

Not that getting Patterson doesn't make any sense...or even Douglas, if you get rid of Brooks and Jimmer...but they just didn't get enough and are clogging up their roster with a lot of...what the hell?

I actually like the trades for all involved, Morey did Morris a favor letting him reunite with his brother, and Patterson gets to reunite with Cousins and Hayes, hopefully help Cousins get his head straight.

For the Rockets, they get rebounding and athleticism, something they haven't had from the PF spot even going back to the Scola/Landry days. Trading away 2 PF's also opens up minutes for Jones & D-Mo, who were the future anyway. Robinson will get a chance to shine in a good organization, and the Rockets now have a good nucleus going forward, not to mention they still have a max deal to offer someone, probably an upgrade at the 3?

Well, they've definitely got themselves a 3...the upgrade would have to come at PG. Unless they make a crazy move for Howard...in which case they could still move for a PG.

Quote Originally Posted by bl2k8
    Idk why everyone thinks Cousins having one of his boys on the team matters. If anything it'll be someone to tell him he's always right. Y'all talk like Patterson is a 30'yeard old vet
    Patterson was clearly the leader on the UK team. He's not going to be some yes man that treats Cousins like a prodigy. Not sure it will make a difference but it certainly can't hurt.

Local High School Star

Robinson will get so much better with two great passers like Harden and Lin.They will find him off the cuts and thats smething that will help him. This also means we found our PF without having t spend ur cap space n someone like Millsap. We still have our max cap space and found a future PF and the sametime

Wow, they just gave up on T-Rob already?

And I'm playing a T-Rob Create-A-Legend on 2K13 I'll just go with Drum-Drum/T-Ross then.

Not the 3. Rockets have Parsons at the 3, and he is really good.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spiegel
    Robinson will get so much better with two great passers like Harden and Lin.They will find him off the cuts and thats smething that will help him. This also means we found our PF without having t spend ur cap space n someone like Millsap. We still have our max cap space and found a future PF and the sametime
    He also should get good playing time. Won't be surprised if he blossoms with this young group.

I'm really surprised Sacramento gave up on T-Robb so quick. I don't think he played as much as he should have. He definitely has the most upside of any player in this trade.

Patterson may just be a better fit with the Kings. Not sure how Douglas fits in when they already have Evans,Thomas, Brooks, and Jimmer.

Good High School Starter

This is all about the Maloofs getting cash out of the deal. That is it. End of story.

Robinson hasn't had a quick start, but is showing plenty of potential and I doubt any Kings fans would have approved this deal.

Shady.

Maloofs are out, and doing what they can to get cash on the way out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by 33teeth
    This is all about the Maloofs getting cash out of the deal. That is it. End of story.

Robinson hasn't had a quick start, but is showing plenty of potential and I doubt any Kings fans would have approved this deal.

Shady.

Maloofs are out, and doing what they can to get cash on the way out the door.

They're honestly disgusting.