Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: "Rape Crew" in small town Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    Could be rape if she decides it is...

Men have got to understand that they need to be careful when dealing with females. Females have the power to throw you under the bus if you are out there being reckless in how you behave

You dont hit passed out chicks. Thats rule number 1. If she is passed out? just let her sleep it off. get at her tomorrow.
    Yep, society is not equal in the case of rape, domestic violence, child custody, divorce, etc. It's not right and it's not fair, but that's just the way it is right now in America. All men need to be on their guard in these kinds of situations because a woman can ruin your life if she wants to.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I find it absolutely stunning that a relatively common crime committed by juveniles with no evidence or concrete proof of any corruption or cover-up has essentially turned into an international bashing of a city. What in the hell is going on?

I've taught in schools in the metro Cleveland area. I have friends who are either teachers, coaches or have kids across the eastern seaboard. Everyone is having to deal with the same kinds of issues, which is sex at very young ages combined with drugs/alcohol and social media. Those are the elements of this case and it is rampant across the country with young people.

By turning this into a conversation about why this is a uniquely Steubenville problem, there is an opportunity missed to discuss the broader, more important issues. I remain baffled at the narrative. And I also remain baffled that this is an international news story.

I mean, I know how it got that way... With salacious untruths spread by a well-known hacker group. But, now that we know 99.99% of what they alleged was completely made-up, why are we still talking about this? And, if we are going to talk about it, why is it still a focus on the city and not how wrong the false narrative was?
    You need to bow out of this thread. You're getting hysterical.

And in other news, the town corruption rears its ugly head again:

Two Steubenville girls arrested for death threat against the rape victim

But keep on defending that small football town culture. Rape is okay, ruining a promising football career isn't, apparently.

I remember this story lol
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/17/justic...ase/index.html

It's pathetic that the boys were all crying. Were they really sorry for what they did to the girl? Or just the fact that they got caught.

I don't see that girl anywhere in the vid. But I'm at work, so I couldn't watch the whole thing. I'll check back later.

Decent playground baller Kovach's Avatar

I fail to see the connection between actions of 2 juvenile girls and the town corruption or the obsession with football culture, but that's just me.

For all I know both of them could have been "digitally penetrated" by those guys as well and enjoyed it.
    Last edited by Kovach; 03-19-2013 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kovach
    I fail to see the connection between actions of 2 juvenile girls and the town corruption or the obsession with football culture, but that's just me.

For all I know both of them could have been "digitally penetrated" by those guys as well and enjoyed it.
    Here's some quotes I'm seeing from people who live in Ohio or Steubenville itself:

As someone who lived in Steubenville for 10 years, this doesn't surprise me one bit. I went to Catholic Central (Big Red's football "rival"), and then went to Franciscan University of Steubenville there as well.

Trust me, if you spend enough time there you either get sucked in and are stuck there for life, or you run as fast as you can and never look back. From the outside it looks like a lazy, do-nothing town, but once you've been there for a while, it's a frightening place to be. There is a lot of bad mojo there.

Some of you may recall the case there (almost 15 years ago) where two college students were kidnapped and executed in the area. Yeah, those were my friends. They were shot in the head (after quite a bit of torture) for their ****ing SUV. I have plenty of other examples of how twisted that place is, but I'm pretty sure this rape case, and the reaction to it, can do the talking for me.

I still have a few "friends" back there, but I haven't been back to see them in a couple of years now. Every time I drive over the bridge from Weirton to the 'Ville, I always get a knot in my stomach - it's like returning to the scene of a crime.
    My daughter was raped by a football player @ 14 . You know what the cops said? But --- But hes a star football player,do you really want to do this?

****ing Canton ,Ohio

Now ya know
    They take that shait seriously
    And that's exactly what i was talking about earlier... if the rapist had been a basement dwelling D&D nerd, the police would have raided the house in full SWAT gear and it wouldn't have made national news because no one cares about the skeevy D&D nerd and he doesn't contribute to the reputation or success of the school and by proxy the city, where as Bret McQuaterback the Rapist gets community cover up for his rapes because he's the local celebrity, and everyone knows that when you try and expose a flaw in a greek hero, it's going to make the news and then the shiat storm begins...
    Small towns plus football culture leads to this type of shit.

lol, this storm ain't over. It's just getting started.

Under Ohio state law, coaches are among the many school officials mandated to report crimes involving their students. And according to witness testimony and text messages introduced as evidence in the Steubenville rape trial, head football coach Reno Saccoccia knew about the rape of a 16-year-old girl by two of his players, but didn’t say a word about it to school administrators or local law enforcement.

So why does he still have a job?

Deadspin editor Barry Petchesky has a theory, and it’s that, much like Trent Mays and Ma’lik Richmond, “local legend” Saccoccia believed that his status as a local football celebrity put him above the law:

Reno Saccoccia is a local legend, in the way that 30-year coaches of football powerhouses in economically depressed Ohio Valley towns tend to be legends. He’s in the Ohio Coaches Hall of Fame. He’s won three state titles. When Saccoccia won his 300th game last year, a sellout crowd of more than 10,000 people packed Harding Stadium—christened “Reno Field” in 2007—and chanted “Reno, Reno, Reno” as he left the field.

He breakfasts regularly with the sheriff. His sister-in-law works in the county’s juvenile court, where he is licensed as a mediator. He “molds young boys into men.”

But text messages seized from Mays’ cellphone indicate that Saccoccia had seen the video in which another student “joked” that “Trent and Ma’lik raped someone” as soon as it was released.

The day after the incident, Mays texted a friend: “I got Reno. He took care of it and shit ain’t gonna happen, even if they did take it to court. Like he was joking about it so I’m not worried,” according to an agent with the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation, who testified in the rape case.

As Petchesky notes, “the players were convinced they were untouchable because they’d committed the rape on Saccoccia’s turf … They were right, for a while.” Adding, “If the Times hadn’t turned its eyes to Steubenville, and hacker groups not exposed the graphic evidence, it’s a legitimate question whether justice would have been done at all. Whether or not Saccoccia took a personal hand in protecting his players, the Steubenville reaction is a symptom of what happens in a football-mad small town run by a deified coach.”

Petchesky makes a crucial point, but it is important to add that this kind of coverup behavior isn’t limited to small towns with untouchable local celebrities — it’s a symptom of a culture that normalizes sexual assault on the regular, especially in high school and college settings.

But Saccoccia isn’t in the clear. While the trial against Mays and Richmond ended with a guilty verdict for both boys, Ohio state Attorney General Mike DeWine’s investigation into the parents, coaches and school officials who may have tried to hide the rape is ongoing.

It’s an investigation that DeWine hopes will show that ignoring sexual violence when it’s right in front of our faces isn’t a problem unique to small football towns, but an issue that cuts across all communities — yours and mine included.
    http://www.salon.com/2013/03/18/meet...ootball_coach/

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Actually, "the coach" is in no trouble whatsoever, according to the signs I'm seeing quite visible on the wall. He was mentioned during the trial two times. Once in a text message from the defendant to friend and another time by Jane Doe (the victim), who said the defendant (Trent Mays) told him that the coach was alerted as to possible allegations by the police at some point just prior to the arrests.

Those are the two instances in which the coach was mentioned during a trial with mountains and mountains of evidence, and neither was anything close to definitive evidence of any involvement or prior knowledge of a crime.

In an interview with the county prosecutor done today, she touched on the text message involving the coach and it was pretty clear from her reaction that people need to let this play out.

http://www.wtov9.com/news/news/web-e...on-co-p/nWwpR/

It is as though people want there to be something more than there is so badly, they're willing to take any tiny scrap of anything and run with it. There is so much contrived nonsense that has already been proven to be erroneous, you'd think people would think twice about going all-in on the next big conspiracy in this case.

Could it be that a couple of kids just took advantage of an incapacitated teenage girl without city officials, police, the prosecutor or the coaches having any involvement?
    You are obviously completely and utterly biased. Anyway, there are at least a few reports that he knew about this without reporting it to the authorities. Furthermore, his responses to inquiries are highly defensive.

Guy's job could definitely be on the line for not reporting a rape committed by his players.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    Damn that sucks for the girl. All of these kids slipped, being stupid enough to put this shit online is going to haunt them for a damn long time.
    This sums everything up.

Banned

I'm glad the Feds are going after the head coach and the town's sheriff.

What about that bar that serves kids alcohol and it's a gambling ring?

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    You are obviously completely and utterly biased. Anyway, there are at least a few reports that he knew about this without reporting it to the authorities. Furthermore, his responses to inquiries are highly defensive.

Guy's job could definitely be on the line for not reporting a rape committed by his players.
    I said I wasn't impartial in a post just before the one you quoted. However, go back and read the thread from the start. I've been right on pretty much everything else. Truth is, I know A LOT more about this case than anyone here... And I actually know the people involved.

I'm pretty amazed that people are going to take these text messages to heart, coming just after the same kid said he was trying to keep the girl safe that night, along with dozens of other lies.

Further, if he did tell the coach anything about anything, what do you think he told him? Hey, I raped this girl? He is still denying he raped anyone, so in August right after the incident, do you really think he got into specifics with the coaching staff?

It just doesn't make any sense to assume these latest allegations have any teeth when 99-percent of what was initially reported about this case has proven to be untrue and there is absolutely no evidence that has been presented that any coach had any prior knowledge or attempted to impact the case in any way.

College star

These kids are idiots, their parents are idiots, amd i hope they get sent to prison where they will receive due justice

The black kid breaks down crying pathetically saying he didn't mean for it to happen or some shit like that? LOLOLOL ok. I seen a 30 second interview on him with some hoe saying the worst thing he's head people say about him was "hang up".
    ***** they should hang you.

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    Yep, society is not equal in the case of rape, domestic violence, child custody, divorce, etc. It's not right and it's not fair, but that's just the way it is right now in America. All men need to be on their guard in these kinds of situations because a woman can ruin your life if she wants to.
    This. Unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls

Men just need to have some sense...

this girl didnt ruin their lives... They threw their lives away.. F*ck them

if they werent football players? nobody would cared about their futures to begin with. You wouldnt see CNN and these people boo hooing over their futures being destroyed. Maybe now some other football players who think they can do all types of dumb sh*t and pay no price for it.. maybe they'll wake up and grow a brain. Sometimes when you f*ck up? you become an example for others not to follow in your footsteps.

People get sentenced to more time for less heinous crimes every day, and nobody worries about their futures being ruined.

they boys got carried away acting like @ssholes and they had to pay the price. I feel about as bad them as I feel for any kid who does something dumb and pays a heavy price.

Life is no joke, and if you think you can do whatever you want without repercussion? you will be in for a rude awakening

Men/boys needs to straighten up and have some common sense when dealing with women. Dont f*ck with passed out women (dont f*ck anyone while they are passed out.. I dont understand why people do that sh*t to begin with)

Dont do anything that bring shame to yourself or your name. Have some rules about how you conduct yourself, and have some common sense. These things wont happen to you if you do.. think before you act and things will be alright