Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18252627282930 LastLast
    2012 I rep flatulence Cowboy Thunder's Avatar

Default Re: Perkins to OKC, Green to BOS

If Perkins sux, ima be pissed

Very good NBA starter

Perk is out 2-3 weeks with a sprained MCL... He'll be back in enough time to play. The guy doesnt need much time since he will rebound and defend the opposing teams best post defender.

Decent college freshman

people acting like Boston won' miss Perk are completely oblivious to reality.

I mean, come on, quick, name 2 Centers better than him defensively? Dwight and............. You can't do it. I can't even give you Varejao due to his lack of Perk's bulk. Perk brought a nice mean streak to that Bston team. He and KG were the most imposing duo down low in the NBA, defensively and defense and size are what makes Boston special. That and chemistry. they took a hit in all 3 areas with this deal.

Green is an asset and he'll help them in guarding Melo,Bron etc. but he simply doesn't offer what Perkins does. You can't single up Dwight anymore, you can't put Perk on Gasol and allow KG to roam and freelance, what he does best defensively. You aren't nearly as effective against a Pau/Odom duo with the new frontcourt and you lose much of your ability to stop Wade and Bron as well as the ability to gain an edge on Miami with your size.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus

I mean, come on, quick, name 2 Centers better than him defensively? Dwight and............. You can't do it. I can't even give you Varejao due to his lack of Perk's bulk. Perk brought a nice mean streak to that Bston team. He and KG were the most imposing duo down low in the NBA, defensively and defense and size are what makes Boston special. That and chemistry. they took a hit in all 3 areas with this deal.

Green is an asset and he'll help them in guarding Melo,Bron etc. but he simply doesn't offer what Perkins does. You can't single up Dwight anymore, you can't put Perk on Gasol and allow KG to roam and freelance, what he does best defensively. You aren't nearly as effective against a Pau/Odom duo with the new frontcourt and you lose much of your ability to stop Wade and Bron as well as the ability to gain an edge on Miami with your size.
    Chemistry is the bigger issue....Dwight doesnt need to be doubled...IF the Oneals,Troy murphy or Gadzuric are on this team,thats enough to weather a Howard scoring outburst. close orlandos shooters and you can beat them.

We lost to LA with Perk in the games...He couldnt honestly handle Bynum. Perkins is out 2-3 weeks with his other knee....We had to get rid of him before hed added to the IR list of centers.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    Chemistry is the bigger issue....Dwight doesnt need to be doubled...IF the Oneals,Troy murphy or Gadzuric are on this team,thats enough to weather a Howard scoring outburst. close orlandos shooters and you can beat them.

We lost to LA with Perk in the games...He couldnt honestly handle Bynum. Perkins is out 2-3 weeks with his other knee....We had to get rid of him before hed added to the IR list of centers.
    They were a lot more able to handle Bynum with Perk than without him.

Dwight absolutely needs a double. He's dominating on offense more than usual this year. You have to double him or the shooters won't be a factor, he'll get every point down low. I'm exaggerating obviously, but not that much. Once you double down on him, you are going to leave some dangerous players open. Orlando needs to figure out what they are doing with their wing rotation though.

Banned

They're gonna single dwight w/ Shaq and Baby. Baby does a halfway decent job one-on-one. I'd rather have Baby then Perk. Better player overall. I'm starting to like this trade for the Cs. They couldn't of paid Baby and Perk so they went w the better and healthier player.

Celtics need quality perimeter defender more than they need defensive center, why?

Celtics main offensive force Pierce would have to chase Lebron and Melo and will be dead before even getting to the Finals, or even ECF. Celtics dont have any other SF defender, now they've got Green.

What superstar centers Celtics might face? Dwight? They wont double him, just let him get his points and shut down everyone else, as always. Shaq and Baby do just fine on Dwight anyway. Bynum? He manhandled Perkins anyway, not much difference if he'll face Shaq.

And thats defense, offense wise ANY other center option is better than Perkins, except JO. Shaq is better, Kristic and Baby are better, even if Celtics move Garnett to center position and Green/Kristic to PF, KG is much better in the post as well.

Celtics has Top1 defense, and Perkins had little to do with it, plus its a big question if he would be healthy for the Playoffs anyway.

Serious playground baller Thunderstruck's Avatar

Jeff Green is very underrated in this trade. It seems like the only people who know how good he really is are Thunder fans. He was playing out of position, but his talent is unquestioned. I hope this trade works out for both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
    Jeff Green is very underrated in this trade. It seems like the only people who know how good he really is are Thunder fans. He was playing out of position, but his talent is unquestioned. I hope this trade works out for both teams.
    I think that Jeff Green is great if used properly. Tweeners like him hardly ever do well when forced to play heavy minutes at the 4. He is coming off the bench for Boston and it's not a bad assumption that he would thrive in that role since he had to defer to Durant and Westbrook in OKC.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    I think that Jeff Green is great if used properly. Tweeners like him hardly ever do well when forced to play heavy minutes at the 4. He is coming off the bench for Boston and it's not a bad assumption that he would thrive in that role since he had to defer to Durant and Westbrook in OKC.
    Jeff Green is a more explosive Danny Granger i think. His build is perfect for the Lebrons/Melo/Deng players. Hes a future allstar without a doubt and is on a team that he can achieve that. Im more excited to see him with Rondo who will gladly get him the ball on the break with Ray in the corner for the 3.

How is his defense? Very athletic just wonder if he can be a very good defender.

Good High School Starter

Noah and Bogut.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_Gamble
    Noah and Bogut.
    Not really Noah. But Bogut and Howard are better defensively

2012 I rep flatulence Cowboy Thunder's Avatar

U Boston fans really make Perkins sound like an old warn out bum

Blu Ray

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    He's considered a tweener only because he was forced to play out of position.

Tweeners are guys who aren't good enough to play one position, so they float between several. He's never had the chance to play the 3 at a consistent basis.

Saw a basketball once

Shout out to Boston Celtics front office! Dumb trade for them great trade for OKC! GYeah!