Default Phill Jackson Has Relieved The Entire Coaching Staff Of Their Duties

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...k-knicks-coach

Changes are being made. As we all know, Steve Kerr is the name being discussed the most. Interesting to note that the search for a new staff will begin immediately.

Also, I guess this means Herb Williams is gone. That guy has been around forever.

Anyone think Kerr is the right man for the job, or is there a better candidate out there?

Default Re: Phill Jackson Has Relieved The Entire Coaching Staff Of Their Duties

espn was saying that derek fisher might get the nod, knowing the traingle

Default Re: Phill Jackson Has Relieved The Entire Coaching Staff Of Their Duties

Great 1st step

Krust Kingz

The whole staff had to go Herb as well. Also every Dolan and Zeke groupie needs to go, as well any association with CAA.

I hope they give a list of possible coaching candidats.

Krust Kingz

I want Allan and Wakastein gone too. Nothing should be left from any previous regime.

That's the only sure fire way to change the culture by cleaning total house.

This should have been done like 3 months ago but hey,it's better now than never.

A happy day for me. I'm not feeling Kerr; I'd be thrilled to have Derek Fisher as head coach. We need someone to get the player's attention - this is where I disagree with a Kerr hire. Anyone else see the correlation between Atlanta winning the first game and PJ jettisoning the whole coaching staff?

Hate to say it, but glad Herb's gone. He was like the Knick's Stepin Fetchit. What he ever brought to the party I'll never know. Probably in Dolan's ear the whole time. Anyways, we're on our way...

i think kerr will get the coaching job and fisher might come in as of of the assistants

Mike Woodson had the Knicks on top of their division and in the second round of the playoffs, destinations that had become unreachable and practically unimaginable in New York.

A year later, he was out of job.

Phil Jackson fired Woodson and the entire coaching staff on Monday, making his first big move since becoming team president in March and saying in a statement that "the time has come for change throughout the franchise."

The dismissal comes shortly after the Knicks completed a 37-45 season that began with their belief they were a serious contender.

-- AP

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

This had to be done, the entire coaching staff represented losing especially Herb.

Now Phil needs to cut heads in management.

application form for the next head coach

"I do anticipate talking with Phil Jackson at some point. When that time comes, it will come," Kerr said on his weekly SiriusXM NBA Radio show, his first on-the-record comments about being the potential successor to Woodson. "For now, there's really not a whole lot to talk about."

Kerr, who played for the Jackson-coached Bulls and is an NBA analyst for TNT, later added: "It's going to be very interesting. My name is being thrown around. I do anticipate at least being a part of the conversation and we'll see where it all goes."

-- ESPN NY