Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    2012 I rep flatulence Cowboy Thunder's Avatar

Talking Re: Serge Ibaka has reached agreement on a four-year, 48 million contract extension

Quote Originally Posted by PyrrhusX
    At worst we have to wait 2-3 years when ideally, our top players reach their primes (26-27). THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT, we just might have to be patient.
    Naw, there is no waiting.

We rule the West for years to come starting last year.

Dear ISH idiots,

Stick you head between your legs and kiss your ass good-bye. Westbook, Durant, Ibaka...only 1 Olympian left to re-sign.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Default Re: Serge Ibaka has reached agreement on a four-year, 48 million contract extension

If okc can afford the lux tax bill, more power to them

Default Re: Serge Ibaka has reached agreement on a four-year, 48 million contract extension

Quote Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
    I'm not sure how much you can trust his age. He may be older.
    This. The dude is probably like 26.

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Or they amnesty Perkins, see how Perry Jones plays this year, and go with an Ibaka/PJ3 frontcourt for the future. That, or start an Ibaka/Collison frontcourt.

Or they amnesty Perkins, don't re-sign Maynor, and sign a vet center for the minimum.

Yes, the Thunder are in "trouble" but how is that any different than what the Lakers and Heat have been doing by spending the majority of their payroll on 3-4 players t the expense of a good bench? The Lakers have a start studded starting lineup and good sixth man in Jamison, but the rest of their bench is shit. The Heat have their "Big 3" and Ray Allen, but the rest of their bench is pretty meh. I mean, that's now any different than the situation the Thunder would be in if they also re-sign Harden. I know they won't have the money the Lakers have, but they'd have a 24-25 year old core of Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka, and Perry Jones (if he pans out) to build around.
    And you can't really count on a rookie with clinically proven bad knees. And the Lakers will be fine we have proven that we can figure things out all the time. The thing about the Thunder is that they are forced to pay so much money for unproven young players.

Default Re: Serge Ibaka has reached agreement on a four-year contract extension

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    LMAO @ retards here who were proven wrong now the same people who kept saying Ibaka will leave and get a max contract saying he is overpaid

ppl r dum

I can't believe either of them get a Max. Best part for the Thunder is Harden shit the bed. Maybe they can lock him up for a little less, too.

Crazy money, though, for their core.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    And you can't really count on a rookie with clinically proven bad knees. And the Lakers will be fine we have proven that we can figure things out all the time. The thing about the Thunder is that they are forced to pay so much money for unproven young players.
    I didn't say Perry Jones was the only or main option. He's probably like plan D or plan E right now. And we're "forced" to pay for unproven young guys? You mean these unproven young guys..

Durant (23 years old) - 3x scoring champ, 3x All-NBA 1st team, 2x 2nd in MVP voting, consensus top 3 player in the league.

Westbrook (23 years old) - All-NBA 1st team, top 5 scorer last year, 25/5/5 guy who's only getting better and has the potential to be a very good defender to top off his explosive offensive game.

Harden (22 years old) - 6th Man, 18/4/4 guy who is already a borderline All-Star. Yes, he pulled a disappearing act in the Finals, but he's still gotten better each season and has shown he has the potential to be a 20/5/5 player as the #1 option on a team.

Ibaka (22 years old) - All-Defense 1st Team (might have been unwarranted and should've been 2nd team) and led league in blocks at 22. Although he's still raw, he showed a much improved offensive game this year, and can pull other PF's away from the basket with his jumper.

I mean, yeah, they're not proven in the sense they haven't won a championship but, going down the line and looking at each of their roles, they are about as "proven" as they can be at this age, especially Durant and Westbrook.

I'm sure after Kobe, Nash, and Gasol retire or go elsewhere, the Lakers will do what they always do, and pull something else out of their ass and put another contender on the floor. If we're "stuck" building around Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka and possibly Harden for the next 5-7 years, I think I can live with that as a Thunder fan.

2012 I rep flatulence Cowboy Thunder's Avatar

don't try convince these dumbasses, just let them sit there next year and watch the Thunder curb stomp their weak teams

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Who ever says Thunder are still "rebuilding" are out of their mind... Going to a WCF and the Finals totally eliminates that theory.. The talent they have on that team is scary and lets not forget they have stockpiled on mid-late 1st round picks these past 1-3 years and some of these players may prove their worth this season giving them more depth(Jackson, Aldrich, Perry Jones, Maynor(injuries))..

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I didn't say Perry Jones was the only or main option. He's probably like plan D or plan E right now. And we're "forced" to pay for unproven young guys? You mean these unproven young guys..

Durant (23 years old) - 3x scoring champ, 3x All-NBA 1st team, 2x 2nd in MVP voting, consensus top 3 player in the league.

Westbrook (23 years old) - All-NBA 1st team, top 5 scorer last year, 25/5/5 guy who's only getting better and has the potential to be a very good defender to top off his explosive offensive game.

Harden (22 years old) - 6th Man, 18/4/4 guy who is already a borderline All-Star. Yes, he pulled a disappearing act in the Finals, but he's still gotten better each season and has shown he has the potential to be a 20/5/5 player as the #1 option on a team.

Ibaka (22 years old) - All-Defense 1st Team (might have been unwarranted and should've been 2nd team) and led league in blocks at 22. Although he's still raw, he showed a much improved offensive game this year, and can pull other PF's away from the basket with his jumper.

I mean, yeah, they're not proven in the sense they haven't won a championship but, going down the line and looking at each of their roles, they are about as "proven" as they can be at this age, especially Durant and Westbrook.

I'm sure after Kobe, Nash, and Gasol retire or go elsewhere, the Lakers will do what they always do, and pull something else out of their ass and put another contender on the floor. If we're "stuck" building around Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka and possibly Harden for the next 5-7 years, I think I can live with that as a Thunder fan.
    Obviously I know they are all great YOUNG players. But a team full of young stars has never went on to win the ring. I don't know what you guys value in Loud City but if they can't win rings then whats the point? And you guys can try to down play the Lakers all you want but they are the best team in basketball right now and you guys will have to deal with us for the next 3+ years.

They had a legit chance to win this year and they completely blew it by playing like tiny-tots. Losing 4-1 to the Heat says a lot about this team if the old Celtics & emerging Pacers won more games.

And their achilles heel will continue to be that they have no one to get them points in the post. They are strictly a jump shooting team.

Obviously I know they are all great YOUNG players. But a team full of young stars has never went on to win the ring.
    Huh? Never in the history of the league has a team drafted, developed, and watched young players blossom and gel together and win a championship? Really? That's never happened?

I don't know what you guys value in Loud City but if they can't win rings then whats the point?
    How do we know they can't win a championship or two?

And you guys can try to down play the Lakers all you want but they are the best team in basketball right now and you guys will have to deal with us for the next 3+ years.
    More typical Laker fan arrogance here. You can try and hype them up all you want, but no one knows if they're the best team in basketball right now. Championships aren't won in the off-season. Until this current Laker team at least plays a few months together, then claiming they're the best team in the league is just ignorant.

And for the next 3+ years? You mean if the Lakers go out and get someone to replace Kobe, Nash, and Gasol, right? If not, then you can't be serious. I won't even go four years down the line, I'll go three. At the start of the 2014-2015 season Kobe will be 36 years old and in his 19th season. Steve Nash, if he doesn't retire, will be 40 going on 41 and in his 19th season. Pau Gasol will be 34 and entering his 14th season. So, if this current Laker team is still together in 3 years, it'll be Dwight and three guys in their mid to late 30s, two of which playing their 19th season in the league. Maybe by some miracle they all hold up, stay healthy, and don't decline by then, but I highly doubt it.

They had a legit chance to win this year and they completely blew it by playing like tiny-tots. Losing 4-1 to the Heat says a lot about this team if the old Celtics & emerging Pacers won more games.
    I'm not even going to dignify this stupidity with a response.

And their achilles heel will continue to be that they have no one to get them points in the post. They are strictly a jump shooting team.
    I know, right? I mean there's no way in hell Ibaka will ever become a reliable post scorer. I'd be shocked if he's ever better and more developed than he was this year at 22 years old. And you don't need as many points in the post when you've got three perimeter players getting you 70-80 points a night.
    Last edited by KG215; 08-18-2012 at 11:54 PM.

Learning to shoot layups

Wow

When you say players you must mean more than one individual. If we assume Ibaka is an unproven individual the are you also saying one of (if not both) Westbrook and Durant are unproven?

I also agree with KG215 on more than one point, but the one in particular?
    'You can try and hype them up all you want, but no one knows if they're the best team in basketball right now. Championships aren't won in the off-season.'

Heat fans arnt even that bad after winning a well earned championship, I cant say the same for some laker fans

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

you guys can try to down play the Lakers all you want but they are the best team in basketball right now and you guys will have to deal with us for the next 3+ years.
    LMFAO yeah a team that have never played together is the best in the league what a joker!

I rep Lakers!

I don't even know why Im going at it like this with Thunder fans but if their FO was smart they wouldn't make Ibaka/Harden/Durant/Westbrook their core. And yes a core of four young players has never won a ring which is why people were making such a big deal about them this year. A core of Westbrook/Durant/ & another high priced slightly older player (like Aldridge, Josh Smith, etc) +other pieces would take them further. They can get what Ibaka & Harden brings to the table for much cheaper. I don't even feel like Im arguing Im just stating facts.

And yes this Lakers team is built to contend for the next 3 or 4yrs. Like I said, you guys can try to downplay us all you want but we are the best team in the league. Its funny how you guys are saying that PROVEN battle tested players like Nash/Kobe/Artest/Gasol/Dwight need to play a game before you believe the hype ..... barring injury I have no doubt we will win the ring...

But the Lakers are beside the point it's just that you Thunder fans seem to think that it will be a cake walk to the Finals every year. Do you guys seriously think Ibaka/Durant/Westbrook/ & MAYBE HARDEN will be enough to win rings? And if at the end of all these contracts you think the Thunder will have enough to sign them all back to bigger deals and convince them to stay for even more despite coming up short!
    Last edited by WeGetRing2012; 08-19-2012 at 01:20 AM.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

I don't even know why Im going at it like this with Thunder fans but if their FO was smart they wouldn't make Ibaka/Harden/Durant/Westbrook their core. And yes a core of four young players has never won a ring which is why people were making such a big deal about them this year. A core of Westbrook/Durant/ & another high priced slightly older player (like Aldridge, Josh Smith, etc) +other pieces would take them further. They can get what Ibaka & Harden brings to the table for much cheaper. I don't even feel like Im arguing Im just stating facts.

And yes this Lakers team is built to contend for the next 3-5yrs. Like I said, you guys can try to downplay us all you want but we are the best team in the league. Its funny how you guys are saying that PROVEN battle tested players like Nash/Kobe/Artest/Gasol/Dwight need to play a game before you believe the hype ..... barring injury I have no doubt we will win the ring...

But the Lakers are beside the point it's just that you Thunder fans seem to think that it will be a cake walk to the Finals every year. Do you guys seriously think Ibaka/Durant/Westbrook/ & MAYBE HARDEN will be enough to win rings? And if at the end of all these contracts you think the Thunder will have enough to sign them all back to bigger deals and convince them to stay for even more despite coming up short!
    3-5 years? this lakers core is not contending in 5 years. they will be way too old.