Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 4 Discussion Thread.

Who's back yard and pool area was that at the end? The source of the poisonous plant.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Velocirap31
    Who's back yard and pool area was that at the end? The source of the poisonous plant.
    Walter's.

Btw.... the name of the episode:

'Face off'

Btw.... was I the only one that noticed Walt's 'green' shirt and what appeared to be a purple jacket?

Kinda hard to tell from that pic, but I have it on pause on my tv. In the scene where Sal and Walt are talking, the jacket looks purple.
    Last edited by andgar923; 10-10-2011 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Walter's.
    Wait, so what are you guys concluding about this? Are we assuming Walt did do something to the boy?

Wait, so what are you guys concluding about this? Are we assuming Walt did do something to the boy?
    Yup.

I'm sure he knew that the boy wouldn't die. He knew that the plant was poisonous but just enough to get the boy sick but not kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    remember in the last episode where gus was spinning the gun

one time he spins it and the gun lands pointing at the plant, and he just stares at it
    hahaha.... good shit!

Yup.

I'm sure he knew that the boy wouldn't die. He knew that the plant was poisonous but just enough to get the boy sick but not kill him.
    That would explain how Gus thought something was up after Jesse mentioned the boy was poisoned. The writers of this show connect all the pieces of the puzzle in the last episode so well. This show is just so good.

Let us move on and talk about the future.

Where does the show go from here?

Is Walt gonna continue cooking? and with no serious competition or threat from the Mexican cartel or the DEA, is he gonna aim high?

Now that Gus is dead and Walt's brother in law has been vindicated (and promoted soon enough), will he continue to go after Walt's alter ego? I guess this depends on how big Walt becomes.

And then there's the 'X' factor...... Mike.

He's still alive, and I'm sure he's coming back. Did he really have an allegiance to Gus, or was it just his employer and is willing to work for Walt?

Where would Walt 'cook' and would he upgrade his meth and make it superior than the one before? with no big threat left and a possible updated meth, he could own the entire market..... perhaps branch out to a different state?

Somebody mentioned Skyler as being a problem, but I think she'll aid him in getting to the top in some fashion. I think that she understands Walt's position and lack of threat, so she'll aid him.

And what about his health? will it continue to get better or will it deteriorate and become another sub plot?

Hmmm... two interesting and obvious questions being asked in the IMDB board (which sucks btw):

How did Tyrus miss the bomb?

And

Where Jesse and Walt being watched at the rooftop of the hospital? if they were at all? I understand that they use camera angles to provide a different view, but it seemed as tho it was a POV not just a usage of a camera angle.

Could it be the FBI?

or..... perhaps Mike?

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Yup.

Exactly.

That was one of the big reveals of this episode. In order to accomplish his objective, Walter poisoned a child, and completely manipulated Jesse.

One of the biggest points of this season was to show Walt's descent into a true, despicable, criminal monster, one capable of putting an innocent child in harm's way (as well as a kind old neighborly lady) to accomplish his goals. He's past the point of no return. He's truly Broken Bad.

There are a couple of places the story can go from here.

- Will Walt and Jesse cook again? Do they want to, or need to? I definitely don't think Walt has either the desire or the capacity to leave the drug game at this point. Maybe Walt somehow takes control of Gus's drug empire. Maybe Jesse joins him, or maybe he doesn't want any part of it. Their goodbye at the end of "Face Off" seemed to be a sort of parting of the ways, at least for the time being.

- Maybe next season will deal with Gus's still unexplained past in Chile. Maybe some people there will want retribution after hearing of Gus's death, and will try to take out Walter, similar to the Cousins in season 3.

- I think it's safe to assume that Hank and the DEA are still going to be attempting to put the pieces together regarding Gus's death and his role as a huge meth distributor. Perhaps Gus or someone else associated with him inadvertently left behind a trail of breadcrumbs that lead Hank onto the trail of Walt? Walt vs. Hank showdown, anyone?

- Jesse will probably become aware of the Walter's trickery and his role in Brock's poisoning (and possibly also Jane's death). This, obviously, will infuriate Jesse and possibly lead to to a Jesse vs. Walt showdown. Something along these lines is bound to happen, and it's sure to be mindblowing.

- We don't know how Mike is doing, but I'd be extremely surprised if he wasn't brought back for next season. We can guess that he won't take kindly to the death of his boss, and maybe he's going to come after Walt and Jesse? Or maybe he'll join them? I'm excited for his return, either way.

- Maybe the rest of Walt's family discovers his true dark side (and not that crap about the gambling) and Skylar gets fed up and decides she no longer wants any part in it? Or maybe she turns on Walt, and becomes a factor in his inevitable downfall?

- Saul and Huell.......... I don't know about them, but I sure hope they're back again next season, and with more screen time.

Any combination of the above could feasibly happen in the show. Maybe they all will. Could you imagine Walt vs. Gus's Chilean connections, Hank, the DEA, Mike, Skylar, and Jesse?!?!?

Whatever direction this show goes in for it's final season, I think it's safe to assume that it will be some fu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]king outstanding television.
    Last edited by SuperPippen; 10-10-2011 at 01:56 AM.

Oh shit...... they hinted at Gus' death in season 2.

I didn't recognize it either at first, because I was on the computer while watching and consequently not watching closely. I had the episode on my DVR, so I went back and fast forwarded.

In the first shot, they took of his backyard, they took it from an odd angle, but now knowing the ending, you can clearly see the lily of the valley plant in his backyard.

Also when he convinced Jesse he said who do we know who has shown the willingess to let children die. So that's the difference between Walt and Gus. Walt will make a child sick, but not kill them.

As for next season, Walt is going to stay bad, at least for a while. The producer has said the arc of the show is taking "Mr. Chips and turning him into Scarface."

NBA rookie of the year

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tarik One
    We've all seen this picture, bro.

In fact, it was leaked almost a week ago.