Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Who should the Utah Jazz get in the offseason?

It's weird to hear them say "if" they pick up Miles option. Seems like a absolute no brainer to me. There's no way you'd get that talent (albeit occasionally inconsistent talent) elsewhere for the $3.7 million he's due next year.
    Agreed if they don't want him he's still valuable at that price. Can't really expect consistency at that price though.

Decent college freshman

Miles and AK will be back. It will be interesting to see what they do after that though. Guys like Al,Harris and maybe Sap could be available for trades and they have the 2 lottery picks. I really love the makeup of this team. Stocked up with big guys, lots of depth and lots of tradeable assets.

Its too bad this draft sucks for PGs after Irving because thats what Utah needs. As is, they'll probably add a SG and another big, especially if they make a trade. Burks and Montejunias or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    Miles and AK will be back. It will be interesting to see what they do after that though. Guys like Al,Harris and maybe Sap could be available for trades and they have the 2 lottery picks. I really love the makeup of this team. Stocked up with big guys, lots of depth and lots of tradeable assets.

Its too bad this draft sucks for PGs after Irving because thats what Utah needs. As is, they'll probably add a SG and another big, especially if they make a trade. Burks and Montejunias or something?
    Al, Memo and Harris I would be OK with trading, but i'd like to keep Millsap. I've pretty much convinced myself that they'll take the Jimmer over someone like Burks if he's still available with their 2nd pick.

Miles and AK will be back.
    Considering that Deron got traded I don't think there are any sure things. If I'm AK I'm going to have a hard time passing up more money or a better opportunity rather than being stuck on a team going in the wrong direction especially if it's for a fellow Russian who's offering a future in the front office possibly.

It will be interesting to see what they do after that though. Guys like Al,Harris and maybe Sap could be available for trades and they have the 2 lottery picks.
    Millsap is the one guy they should be keeping so of course he'll probably go. Good luck finding takers for the other 2. Okur at least has an expiring contract so there's hope they'll finally cut their losses with that guy like they should have done two years ago instead of extending his contract.

I really love the makeup of this team. Stocked up with big guys
    Unfortunately they all play the same position and don't offer the length or defensive presence they have desparetely needed since Tag(Not that Sloan ever took advantage of him).

lots of depth and lots of tradeable assets
    Where? Take a look at that guard line! They all shoot horrible %'s from the field. They have depth at the 4 and maybe could look alright at the 2 and 3 if Millsap can make the move, Hayward can guard the 2 and AK is back. A lot of big ifs there.

Its too bad this draft sucks for PGs after Irving because thats what Utah needs.
    Should have thought about that before taking the 2nd offer you got for your superstar pg.

As is, they'll probably add a SG
    At least. The whole guard line is a hurting unit.

and another big, especially if they make a trade
    At least. They have no center worth a damn. Can't have enough PF's though. They could be starting 4 of them next year. LOL!

Burks and Montejunias or something?
    4's or 5's?

Al, Memo and Harris I would be OK with trading, but i'd like to keep Millsap. I've pretty much convinced myself that they'll take the Jimmer over someone like Burks if he's still available with their 2nd pick.
    I'm ok with anyone being traded but they better not get taken like they were in the Deron deal.

I've got a feeling that if any of the bigmen are going to be moved it'll be Millsap. Probably get the most talent back in return for him.

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

I really want to see us get OJ Mayo.

Maybe we could trade away Raja + 12th Pick for him, or Raja + Okur (expirer), and maybe include a 2nd round pick for him. He'd be a great asset for us though off the bench, and starting in instances.

Off the bench? Who's starting? He's a potential all-star/go to guy. He'd possibly be there best player. He's only on the bench in Memphis cuz they have two other go to guys/all star caliber players and he was better than Gay as a rookie before Gay stepped up with it being contract time.
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 04-24-2011 at 07:53 AM.

Sam Smith: Yes, I expect him to be among several high profile players who are available after this season, and I'm not convinced no matter what the Grizzlies said they'll keep Rudy Gay. I'd also watch for Monta Ellis, Tony Parker, Michael Beasley, Kevin Martin, Andrea Bargnani, Danny Granger, Rajon Rondo, Devin Harris, Chris Kamen, Stephen Jackson, Jameer Nelson and Richard Hamilton among those who could be moved in trades. NBA.com

I hope we can get OJ Mayo or Danny Granger. Maybe Millsap for one of them? Love Paul, but we need a high quality wing to go along with Hayward.

He's probably their most tradable player but do u trade your best player(again) and your best contract?

Best contract yes, but I think eventually we're going to have to get rid of one of them, and yes Big Al has a big contract, and is overrated in your eyes, but Paul was a terrible defender, and nothing special at rebounding this year.

Millsap's only problem is playing next to a guy who is playing basically the same game as him.

I've heard some discussion that the Blazers could acquire Devin Harris this summer . . .he makes a lot of sense for Portland, and no sense for the style of play the Jazz are accustomed to. If they can get Devin they could draft a back-up point guard like Fredette (see above) and be just fine. HoopsWorld

Decent college freshman

Harris and Milsap for Miller and Wallace? Utah needs an athletic 3 to replace and upgrade AK47 first of all. They'll probably draft Knight/Walker and Miller is both out of the way faster than Harris and a better example to learn from as a pass first guy who is also a savvy vet. They also save money in the deal.

Portland could use a guy like Milsap both backing up LA and playing next to him. An upgrade from using Wallace at PF or some of the scrubs they played last year. Harris is a guy they've long wanted and fits for them at the PG spot opposite Matthews and Roy. Portland has Batum to use at SF and they won't miss the scoring differential due to adding MIlsap/Harris.

Harris and Milsap for Miller and Wallace? Utah needs an athletic 3 to replace and upgrade AK47 first of all.
    Miller makes plenty of sense but I can't see them giving up Wallace and I don't know why the Jazz would trade their best player again either but I don't get most of what they do. Portland gets Millsap after the Jazz payed the bulk of that contract too. I'd want Wallace and AK personally. Portland might actually want Jefferson. He could make a lot of sense there.

They'll probably draft Knight/Walker and Miller is both out of the way faster than Harris and a better example to learn from as a pass first guy who is also a savvy vet. They also save money in the deal.
    U think? If O'Conner is really taking the best player as he says than the big guy sounds like he would be hard to pass up and the fact that they are looking at guys not projected to be picked where they are picking there could still be a trade. Portland does seem like a possibility because they will throw cash. The one thing that the Jazz always seem to be seeking in any deal.

Portland could use a guy like Milsap
    Who couldn't?

An upgrade from using Wallace at PF or some of the scrubs they played last year.
    Not sure about that. Wallace is effective anywhere you play him. The only reason u don't want him at the 4 is because of the beating he takes.

Harris is a guy they've long wanted and fits for them at the PG spot opposite Matthews and Roy. Portland has Batum to use at SF and they won't miss the scoring differential due to adding MIlsap/Harris.
    They would miss Wallace in so many ways.