Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    High School Starter

Default getting my wisdom teeth removed wed..

all four of them going bye byee.. What should I look out for? I just hope wont get swollen face..especially during finals =/

Default Re: getting my wisdom teeth removed wed..

Quote Originally Posted by netsfan549
    all four of them going bye byee.. What should I look out for? I just hope wont get swollen face..especially during finals =/
    Get a big fat chocolate milkshake afterwards.

It's not near as bad, at least for me, than what people made it out to be.

Decent college freshman

Wasn't bad at all for me. I had all 4 taken out at once and they were all impacted. I was back at school the next day no problems.

Banned

I found it wasn't as bad as everyone told me too. I had all 4 out impacted, was swollen and the muscle drugs they gave me had me drowsy for about 2-3 days and you won't be eating solids for a couple. Other then that it wasn't as bad as I was worried it would be.

NBA Superstar

I agree that, for the vast majority, wisdom teeth removal is almost never as bad as we fear it will be. I advise using common sense. They'll give you instructions post-op and it will be wise to follow them (ex: don't use a straw for as long as they tell you not to use a straw).

It wasn't too bad, apparently when I was waking up, I was more concerned with the fact that I thought the dentist stole my cell phone over anything else. I was out of it. Lived on Boost shakes for a couple of days, and took as much Vicodin as I could. PROTIP: Say Vicodin ****s with your stomach and get yourself some Percaset. You'll thank me later.

I remember when I took a girl I was dating at the time to get hers done. When I came back, she was walking to the waiting room surrounded by nurses and sobbing hysterically. I'll never forget the look one of the nurses gave me...a hysterical mix of 'I'm so sorry you have to deal with this,' and 'please get her the **** out of here.'

High School Varsity 6th Man The Real JW's Avatar

Explicitly request strong opiates.

I still have all of them. I don't think it's gonna be as bad as people say because I actually enjoy getting my teeth pulled out

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I agree that, for the vast majority, wisdom teeth removal is almost never as bad as we fear it will be. I advise using common sense. They'll give you instructions post-op and it will be wise to follow them (ex: don't use a straw for as long as they tell you not to use a straw).
    why can't you use a straw?

I still have all of them. I don't think it's gonna be as bad as people say because I actually enjoy getting my teeth pulled out

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito

The suction can rip out the blood clots in the holes where your teeth used to be

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    It wasn't too bad, apparently when I was waking up, I was more concerned with the fact that I thought the dentist stole my cell phone over anything else. I was out of it. Lived on Boost shakes for a couple of days, and took as much Vicodin as I could. PROTIP: Say Vicodin ****s with your stomach and get yourself some Percaset. You'll thank me later.

I remember when I took a girl I was dating at the time to get hers done. When I came back, she was walking to the waiting room surrounded by nurses and sobbing hysterically. I'll never forget the look one of the nurses gave me...a hysterical mix of 'I'm so sorry you have to deal with this,' and 'please get her the **** out of here.'

I got into an argument with the nurse. I kept trying to get up to go to the bathroom and she kept telling me to lay down. I got pissed, saying if she just told me where the fcking bathroom was then I would be fine. She told me, let me get up and I ended up pissing all over myself and then eating shit on the way out of the bathroom. I remember none of this.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito

As bmulls said, using a straw after having teeth removed apparently increases the risk of developing dry socket, which is the breaking down of the blood clot. Here is a short link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alveolar_osteitis

Very important to note this occurs in just 1-3% of extractions.

Let me ask you a question, does this happen with you?

I went to the dentist the other day and there was new hot dental assistant who did the cleaning.

So after the cleaning and the x-rays, she told me if I don't start flossing better, I'm going to get gum disease.

Do you think she liked me?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Whatever you do, don't drink right after getting them removed. I remember I got mine removed when I was 18, drank the next night, then the next day I was spitting out blood like crazy.

I didn't have all 4 removed at the same time though, I had mine taken off 2 at a time.

Getting my wisdom teeth pulled actually helped me quit smoking. I decided to ignore my dentist when she told me to not smoke for atleast 72 hours. Ended up getting a dry socket. After the pain I went through, I never touched a cig again for like 2 years.