Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Re: The BigAss 2nd term thread

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    So longhorn, can you explain exactly what it is she is accused of doing?

She isn't accused of doing anything except being a successful businesswoman and philanthropist. Union workers are unhappy with her because she has been tough on union workers... but she hasn't been accused of any wrongdoing. I'm just shocked Obama picked her. It wouldn't be liberals' first choice.

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
    She isn't accused of doing anything except being a successful businesswoman and philanthropist. Union workers are unhappy with her because she has been tough on union workers... but she hasn't been accused of any wrongdoing. I'm just shocked Obama picked her. It wouldn't be liberals' first choice.
    Not by that article.

She helped Obama get elected, big fundraiser, so that probably weighs pretty heavy on the scales.

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    I would like to see what you have to say about this subject;

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=298256
    Are you first going to apologize for putting my personal information on this board where I have deliberately chosen not to do so?

Decent job report; 165,000 new jobs.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...lysis/2131135/

This could be attributed to the Obama's asset purchasing program...known as quantitative easing.

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
    This could be attributed to the Obama's asset purchasing program...known as quantitative easing.
    Obama doesn't control the Fed.

Obama doesn't control the Fed.

My mistake. Get off me.

Congressional Democrats on Sunday distanced themselves from the Obama administration

[Quote]
    Obama: The fall

By Charles Krauthammer, Published: May 2

Fate is fickle, power cyclical, and nothing is new under the sun. Especially in Washington, where after every election the losing party is sagely instructed to confess sin, rend garments and rethink its principles lest it go the way of the Whigs. And where the victor is hailed as the new Caesar, facing an open road to domination.

And where Barack Obama, already naturally inclined to believe his own loftiness, graciously accepted the kingly crown and proceeded to ride his reelection success to a crushing victory over the GOP at the fiscal cliff, leaving a humiliated John Boehner & Co. with nothing but naked tax hikes.

Thus emboldened, Obama turned his inaugural and State of the Union addresses into a left-wing dream factory, from his declaration of war on global warming (on a planet where temperatures are the same as 16 years ago and in a country whose CO2 emissions are at a 20-year low) to the invention of new entitlements

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Say what you want about Krauthammer, but this pretty much nails it.
    Krauthammer has been so right on Obama time after time.

[QUOTE]Fox News contributor Charles Krauthammer:

Krauthammer has been so right on Obama time after time.

He's not good a presidential election predictions. So what. He's not predicting anything in what I posted, just observing what has happened and is currently happening. And it's spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    He's not good a presidential election predictions. So what. He's not predicting anything in what I posted, just observing what has happened and is currently happening. And it's spot on.
    You had to be pretty much in the tank to not see Obama was going win in 2012. But my point is, it's Krauthammer. He's saying something bad Obama. And the sun rose in the east. Can you find a point in time when Krauthammer said anything good about Obama? Or any Democrat? His observations are pretty meaningless unless you already share his opinion. He's not just a partisan, he's highly partisan and willing to be dishonest about it.

Banned

You had to be pretty much in the tank to not see Obama was going win in 2012. But my point is, it's Krauthammer. He's saying something bad Obama. And the sun rose in the east. Can you find a point in time when Krauthammer said anything good about Obama? Or any Democrat? His observations are pretty meaningless unless you already share his opinion. He's not just a partisan, he's highly partisan and willing to be dishonest about it.

I just read through this whole thread. you seem to know about every political pundit in the world! and have knowledge of any news snippet that ever happened, major or minor. its impressive on the one hand, and from your tone it seems like you lean significantly to the left but i just have to ask because it seems like to be as current on every facet of everything as you are would be extremely time consuming.

do you have a job? what do you do?

May 1st
    FBI asks for help identifying three men in Benghazi attacks

May 2nd
    CNN says its sources say that three or four Yemeni members of Al Qaeda believed to in Benghazi.
    Several Yemeni men belonging to al Qaeda took part in the terrorist attack on the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi last September, according to several sources who have spoken with CNN.
    One senior U.S. law enforcement official told CNN that "three or four members of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula," or AQAP, took part in the attack.
    Another source briefed on the Benghazi investigation said Western intelligence services suspect the men may have been sent by the group specifically to carry out the attack. But it's not been ruled out that they were already in the city and participated as the opportunity arose.
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 05-06-2013 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
    I just read through this whole thread. you seem to know about every political pundit in the world! and have knowledge of any news snippet that ever happened, major or minor. its impressive on the one hand, and from your tone it seems like you lean significantly to the left but i just have to ask because it seems like to be as current on every facet of everything as you are would be extremely time consuming.

do you have a job? what do you do?
    I'm a part time political junkie and a full time site specific textile artist.

rank sentamentalist

krauthammer is in the game. so he talks about it like it's a game. calling bluffs and crying wolf and investing political capital. from king of the world to dead in the water. gag me with a fking spoon.

it's pinheads like him who deliberately reduce the most important 'game' in the world to simple narrative, an easy to believe fantasy where two titanic's collide and the world munches on popcorn and comments on the explosion. it's bullshit. this stuff is important. it affects lives. pundits should comment on policy, explain potential consequences, offer their own views, and justify them with underlying values

krauthammer is just another example of an asshole who makes an honest to god citizen despise the whole circus. this article is absolutely no different. i'm not seeing what you're getting out of it rufus.