Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: top 5 players....is Dirk still there?

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    now if only Dirk had an Amare to keep him from being triple teamed...

same with KG buddy...if only he had someone to take away the triple teams...at least dirk has j-ho and jet

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6
    Not championships, winning percentages, etc. Those are team accolades.
    well you certainly don't use that as an excuse for Wade winning with Shaq...

all I am saying is that Wade may have been having a good year number wise but his team was losing without shaq's help....numbers aren't everything.

that frees up a player to focus on Dirk
    When people double team Iverson, they don't leave Melo open, or vice-versa. They're a double team offensive threat, like Dirk and Amare would be. When you double team one of the team, your second task is to make sure the other offensive threat can't get easy points. You don't double team Iverson and guard Camby while Melo is easily waltzing his way into the paint for an easy layup. You guard who is the biggest offensive threat, in order.
    If Dirk had an Amare type player then other teams would have to worry about the paint and that would give Dirk more outside shots...
    Which he loves, right? Shooting. He looooooooves shooting. He loves it enough to shoot over 6"8 players rather than post them up to the rim.

No point in even talking about this anyway. Enough "If Dirk had Amare" stuff. He doesn't have Amare. That's a fact. "What ifs" don't mean anything.

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
    same with KG buddy...if only he had someone to take away the triple teams...at least dirk has j-ho and jet
    i would trade Dirk for KG....just so you know

well you certainly don't use that as an excuse for Wade winning with Shaq...

all I am saying is that Wade may have been having a good year number wise but his team was losing without shaq's help....numbers aren't everything.
    He had good personal accomplishments, and sub-par team accomplishments. And I wasn't just referring to his numbers. He was playing the best ball of his life, aside from the Finals.

-primetime-

No point in even talking about this anyway. Enough "If Dirk had Amare" stuff. He doesn't have Amare. That's a fact. "What ifs" don't mean anything.
    hey man, you asked, i answered

College superstar

quit all this if Dirk had a 2nd option talk. Dirk's 2nd option had a better series than he did, averaging 21 and 10. Maybe Josh needs to be the one demanding Dirk get traded

-primetime-

He had good personal accomplishments, and sub-par team accomplishments. And I wasn't just referring to his numbers. He was playing the best ball of his life, aside from the Finals.
    he was playing the best of his life yet his team was below .500?

then you have to put him below Lebron and Kobe then....they had just as little help as Wade

Maybe Josh needs to be the one demanding Dirk get traded

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

the team was below .500

I meant by a purely statisticle stand point. The Heat struggled as a whole thoughout the whole season due to major injuries to Wade, Willianms and Shaq not to meniton, payton and Kapano. Walker and Posey were deactivated for a few games and Riley took a leave of absencse. And if you want to be technicle, the Heat were 18-14 with Wade and without Shaq so Wade did indeed lead the Heat to an above .500 record.

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by DatZNasty
    Maybe Josh needs to be the one demanding Dirk get traded
    Josh and Terry can be very inconsistant, they have great games, and they have games that they are invisable.

he was playing the best of his life yet his team was below .500?
    [color=red]HIS[/color] best basketball as in personally. NOT for what his team accomplished. According to my calculations, the Heat were 26-26 when Wade dislocated his shoulder.

Banned

yes Dirk is still top 5. he's the same place he has been all along:

1. Duncan
    2. Bron
    3. KG
    4/5/6: Kobe, Dirk, Wade any order doesn't matter I put them all on the same basic level for all practical purposes

Josh and Terry can be very inconsistant, they have great games, and they have games that they are invisable.
    Pfft. Howard is arguably the most consistent player on that team. He almost always has at least 15/6. Dirk can go from having 30/10 to 23/2.

Quote Originally Posted by DatZNasty
    quit all this if Dirk had a 2nd option talk. Dirk's 2nd option had a better series than he did, averaging 21 and 10. Maybe Josh needs to be the one demanding Dirk get traded
    Thats only because Dirk was tripled teamed by midgets in GS