Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: Ricky Rubio to Barcelona done deal

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Rubio can improve overseas but he still has to translate it to the NBA, some of the most skilled European players were not able to translate their game effectively in the NBA. Rubio being 18 would give him time to develop his game early, he would be given a longer tolerance for mistakes because of his youth. However at 22 or 23, that leash will be much shorter espescially considering he was the #5 Pick.

OK, but still Kahn will have made a bad pick there.

Rubio's value will not be any higher than it is right now, and no smart GM will move a good player to acquire an unproven PG like Rubio. When GM's trade a good player, its for a draft pick to select a specific player or its to dump salary.

Why should a GM trade a player like Kevin Martin to Minnesota to acquire Rubio who will still have to adjust to the American game when he arrives.

If Flynn turns out to be a good player, what smart GM would trade away their already proven PG to give an opportunity to an unproven PG they drafted years ago? That would make no sense, and set Minnesota back espescially if Flynn is a key component of their offense and would only be 23.
    I think there are about 7 smart GMs in the league... so odds are that someone will bite.

We all remember trading a perennial 20/10 guy (Brand) for a HS kid, right? And Gasol for chump change? And the Lakers trading a proven C for a HS kid named Kobe, etc, etc..

The league is full of idiots, unfortunately, and while it's not the best strategy, I think Kahn may have been relying on some idiot to clean up the possible mess this whole time. I mean... he drafted Plan A and Plan B, yet probably already had Plan C (Rubio not coming over) planned and thought out...

I only give the guy the benefit of the doubt because it's what I would have done. A good example (on a much lesser scale) is I just traded for Westbrook in my fantasy football league. We start two RBs and three WRs.. I gave up my 2nd WR for Westbrook, who will be my THIRD RB (I'm stacked there). I'm banking on someone biting on Westbrook for a WR better than Colston (who I gave up to get him).

Kahn could very well be doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    You're already considering this Draft to be Weak before the season has even started, Rubio's fate due to his Draft positioning wont be determined until maybe 5-10 years down the line.
    In that case maybe you should wait 5-10 years before saying the Wolves completely ****ed up ? Or at least 3 years until we see if Rubio comes over when he can, and how he does.

I mean honestly, if you were him would you pay over $6 million of your own money to leave your home behind and go play in Minnesota ? I sure as hell wouldn't. People are hating on him for no good reason.

sergiorodriguez
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Rubio is so overrated and not that good. You guys will all be so disappointed when he comes over here. Just so y'alls know, he isn't even better than Jose Calderon.

Why are people comparing Rubio to Calderon as if that's a bad thing ? Calderon is an excellent PG in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    Why are people comparing Rubio to Calderon as if that's a bad thing ? Calderon is an excellent PG in the NBA.
    Just ignore him, he even claims Sergio Rodriguez's a better player too.

Local High School Star Sicknote's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twitter
    YahooSportsNBA: There is no deal done with Regal Barcelona for Ricky Rubio, a source with dorect knowledge tells Y! Sports
    And yes, Yahoo Sports spelled direct wrong.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Sicknote
    And yes, Yahoo Sports spelled direct wrong.
    oh boy another false alarm

Banned

Default Re: Ricky Rubio to Barcelona may be done deal

At the end of the Spain - Israel game they said that it is official. Joventut accepted the buyout and his rights have been given to Barcelona.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    At the end of the Spain - Israel game they said that it is official. Joventut accepted the buyout and his rights have been given to Barcelona.
    And then a soccer fight broke out.

Pistons, Raps, UCONN Jeffrey_Teague's Avatar

Is this one actually forshure forshure or what

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey_Teague
    At the end of the Israel and Spain game they interviewed Rubio.

It was in Spanish but in English it is something like:

Reporter: "So you will be playing with FC Barcelona next year?"

Rubio: "I don't anything as my advisers have not told me anything yet."

Reporter: "Well we have just gotten word and it is a completed deal. Joventut has accepted the buyout offer and you will play in Barcelona."

So it would seem pretty much done.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey_Teague
    id wait until penya or barcelona actually have something to say about this. so far every source that is actually involved with rubio and his buy out deny anything has happened

Good college starter

now the favor is back in Minnesota's ball court.

http://dunkingwithwolves.com/2009/08...o-update-829/\

[quote]Here is what was

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Sooooooooo... This means the T'Wolves are just as retarded as they've ever been.

Good college starter

more positive rumors

http://translate.google.com/translat...istory_state0=
    [quote]DKV-Timberwolves game
    Spanish promoters, however, have begun to turn that is friendly and date: 10 October 2010. Inicialmente se quer