Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    College star

Default Re: Who's the better player KD or Kobe?

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    Yeah i just said them sh*ts off the top of my head. U are correct tho.

It is 32 on .63 TS% instead of 33 on .60 TS%.
    No doubt, I thought for a second the numbers I had were outdated.

Kobe so far, but I wouldn't be shocked if Durant has a prime better than Kobe.

Banned

Read this Slam online

Another link diff article:

Kevin Durant says bryants skills are seconds to none

"When you look at me, Carmelo (Anthony), LeBron and Paul George, what we’ve done out there in this league is nothing compared to what Kobe did," Durant told Medina. "We live in a world of what have you done for me lately. We don’t remember the day before sometimes. Think back five, six, years ago what he was doing. It’s unheard of."

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 20Four
    "When you look at me, Carmelo (Anthony), LeBron and Paul George, what we’ve done out there in this league is nothing compared to what Kobe did," Durant told Medina. "We live in a world of what have you done for me lately. We don’t remember the day before sometimes. Think back five, six, years ago what he was doing. It’s unheard of

He put Lebron's accomplishments in the same category as Carmelo Anthony's and Paul George's. And that's his accomplishments...not even his overall level of play. Carmelo has gotten out of the first round once. Lebron has 2 rings, been to 2 other NBA Finals, another ECF, and he has 3 MVP's.

Durant's opinion is nullified after that one.

Either that or he was high or drunk during that interview.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Everything but defense

You're right he's not a better defender than Kobe, they're both equally bad.

Good college starter

Easily Durant. Better on offense, better leader, more clutch, equally as good a defender and playmaker, etc.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 20Four
    "When you look at me, Carmelo (Anthony), LeBron and Paul George, what we’ve done out there in this league is nothing compared to what Kobe did," Durant told Medina. "We live in a world of what have you done for me lately. We don’t remember the day before sometimes. Think back five, six, years ago what he was doing. It’s unheard of."

Apparently he's never heard of Michael Jordan who is basically the original, alpha version of Kobe's beta imitation.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Too much unknown about KD at this point.

Who know who Kobe was/is...

If someone held a gun to my head and asked who I think the better player will be in 5 years...I'd answer KD...

But the great thing...we get to find out.

I can't wait to see KD in the playoffs this year...I think he's going to me a ****ing monster

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

KD.

Give me the healthy 25 year old over the injured 35 year old any day.

I literally was telling a friend was i logged into ISH that "the playoffs are about to begin as my fav player & fav team are irrlevant, don't know why I'm getting on"

Thanks for proving me wrong ISH, Kobe will never be irrlevant

Why is it that the only thing Bran and Durant stans can unify with is against Kobe?

Kobe, until Durant wins some rings I don't think you can answer any other way.

He reached Kobe's prime levels, but not his peak.

Great college starter

Kobe. Durant has ways to go. I dont think he will ever reach Kobe. Durant is destined to be a top 20 player ever. Thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Too much unknown about KD at this point.

Who know who Kobe was/is...

If someone held a gun to my head and asked who I think the better player will be in 5 years...I'd answer KD...

But the great thing...we get to find out.

I can't wait to see KD in the playoffs this year...I think he's going to me a ****ing monster
    Why would you do that? He's not gonna wait five years holding the ****ing gun to your head, chances are that after like a minute you'd be free and nobody would give a shit about your prediction.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsFanNumero1
    Easily Durant. Better on offense, better leader, more clutch, equally as good a defender and playmaker, etc.
    Not sure what DMAVS' RAPM will suggest ( ) but I saw an elite perimeter defender in Kobe in 2000 and 2001.

I have yet to see KD maintain that kind of impact over the course of an entire season. KD plays defense more like Kobe post-2005, than Kobe during the 3 peat. He doesn't gamble as much, but there are multiple possessions over the course of a game where he has terrible defensive awareness, and quite honestly just takes plays off/lacks engagement...something LeBron has been doing uncharacteristically this entire season as well.

KD was playing the best defense I've ever seen him play while Westbrook was out. Which is amazing considering the offensive load he was carrying, and truly substantiates his MVP candidacy this year. But, his defense fell back off post All Star break.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    Not sure what DMAVS' RAPM will suggest ( ) but I saw an elite perimeter defender in Kobe in 2000 and 2001.

I have yet to see KD maintain that kind of impact over the course of an entire season. KD plays defense more like Kobe post-2005, than Kobe during the 3 peat. He doesn't gamble as much, but there are multiple possessions over the course of a game where he has terrible defensive awareness, and quite honestly just takes plays off/lacks engagement...something LeBron has been doing uncharacteristically this entire season as well.

KD was playing the best defense I've ever seen him play while Westbrook was out. Which is amazing considering the offensive load he was carrying, and truly substantiates his MVP candidacy this year. But, his defense fell back off post All Star break.
    I haven't ever really looked much at that. In my opinion though...I'd say 00 and 01 Kobe was pretty damn awesome defensively. Certainly better than anything I've seen from Durant to date.

But I'd have to go look at a lot of shit...not really in the mood. I think it's fair to say that Kobe at his best defensively was better than KD. If someone disputes...let them present their case.