Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

Default Re: where do you buy pig intestines

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Not a big fan of the organ meats, foie gras excluded. If it's like liver as Boozehound said, I would go for a saute and then a tart fruit reduction sauce, currants for example, that would add a little acidity and possibly make you forget you were eating offal.
    I like to cook and bake and all, but I have no idea what you just said.

Anyway, maybe you should call your local grocery and ask them to ask their supplier for some, if you still haven't found it.

I wanted to raise something to eat and name it pinchy, but I don't have the time or space for fish farming right now. Maybe I should grow a Scotch Bonnet tree, but it won't be the same as killing and gutting an animal for a meal.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    I wanted to raise something to eat and name it pinchy, but I don't have the time or space for fish farming right now. Maybe I should grow a Scotch Bonnet tree, but it won't be the same as killing and gutting an animal for a meal.
    Be careful man. They say you do it once and you never stop. Slippery slope.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

ducks or chickens are pretty easy and minimal equipment. the issue with fish (or lobster) is the tank and all the maintenance. What about a little dove in a housecage? Texans eat that **** all the time. you get two super tiny breasts (which they generally wrap in bacon) and toss the rest of this really tiny bird. seems like a waste of birdshot to me. or a snake. or a rabbit.

I raised, brutally murdered, and consumed a goat when I was a youngster. I have also killed my share of chickens and turkeys back in the day.

or, even better, you can buy a cow (or a share of a cow) and have it raised by a local farmer. then take it to the butchers. you wouldnt get to kill it yourself, but at least you would have a connection with it while you were eating high quality beef all winter long. and think how many times you'd be able to say "I wish pinchy were here to enjoy this".

NBA Superstar

I raised, brutally murdered, and consumed a goat when I was a youngster. I have also killed my share of chickens and turkeys back in the day.
    I wanna say "white people " right now......but the wonders of the URL image function has made this impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by i seen hippos
    I wanna say "white people " right now......but the wonders of the URL image function has made this impossible.
    yeah, cause actually having an association with where you food comes from is so lame. I'd much rather eat a chicken that has been confined its whole life, butchered in a hurry and shipped frozen to me from a thousand miles away. stupid people actually raising and eating animals.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    yeah, cause actually having an association with where you food comes from is so lame. I'd much rather eat a chicken that has been confined its whole life, butchered in a hurry and shipped frozen to me from a thousand miles away. stupid people actually raising and eating animals.
    You obviously missed the "raised from a baby and then brutally murdered" part.

The goat was well taken care of up until I decided that it was curry goat time. I primarily fed him beer, walked him, and avoided letting him eat garbage. He was delicious. Young Michael Jordan the GOAT, will be missed. Killing him was difficult. He knew what was about to happen, and struggle. My brothers and I wrestled him down, bound his legs, and I slashed his throat. He suffocated on his own blood. It was grisly. I wish I could have cloned his taste. I also sold his balls to my neighbor. Some people like to grill and eat them. The Dash Mane does not.

NBA Superstar

The goat was well taken care of up until I decided that it was curry goat time. I primarily fed him beer, walked him, and avoided letting him eat garbage. He was delicious. Young Michael Jordan the GOAT, will be missed. I wish I could clone his taste. I also sold his balls to my neighbor. Some people like to grill and eat them. The Dash Mane does not.
    Isn't fondling said balls and cutting them off just as bad?

The balls were not fondled. They were lopped off in a quick and easy motion, thrown in a bag, and sold to my neighbor. I had actually bought the kid from him. He used to keep his goats in a converted-school bus barn thing. I built the guy a nice shed, my carpentry game is on point, so he had a nice pad. Gutting him was a chore. The same neighbor bought his intestines and stomach.

NBA Superstar

I ain't ever gonna touch no animals balls. That's a hippos guarantee.

There's a better chance I accidently touch a dude's balls one drunken night while double teaming a girl.
    Last edited by i seen hippos; 05-12-2009 at 02:25 PM.

Touching the Young Michael's balls was not that big of a deal. I did not view the goat sexually, so lopping off his balls was not a big deal. I just had no plans to eat them, as I only eat certain parts of animals. I hear good things about the taste of goat balls though. For some people they are a delicacy.

Quote Originally Posted by beasly15
    hell yeah some tripa tacos... can't go bad with that.

just go to any mexican meat market.
    That's usually cow intestines homeboy.

I use to love them as a kid but for some reason I don't touch that stuff anymore. I remember my grandma made me taste liver once, man that sh!t was nasty.