Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Max Payne 3

Default Re: Max Payne 3

I played 1 match of TDM. Went 15-8. The 3rd person I cant explain. Its not like GTA4 or even RDR. Takes some getting used to and I think free aim might be the best way to go after you get comfortable with the controls. The auto aim can get you in trouble if there are 2 enemies in front of you. It'll lock on one, often the wrong guy and by time you unlock you're almost dead.

I didnt read the game manual or any instructions on the controls so I guess single player is where most people should start. Better way to get a feel for how the game plays and so forth. I was impatient and wanted to leap into it.

Cant play other multiplayer game modes until you complete certain challenges. You can only play Deathmatch/TDM and the rookie version where you're thrown in with people your level which is smart.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

^Cool....thanks for the early word.

I'm gonna start with the campaign. Then I'll play a match or two on multiplayer tonight.
    Last edited by glidedrxlr22; 05-15-2012 at 04:10 PM.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Worth buying?

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Worth buying?
    Yes.

National High School Star

Well if anyone's keen, just got social club and been playing this online. My gamer tag is BurstPanther add me

Is this game good? I see mad people hyping it don't know if it's worth it, online?

No other game lets you dive head first down a flight of stairs, hit the 180 button, and shoot the dude that was behind you, all while flying backwards and in slow mo. I did this but of a 2nd story in a bar, then as you dispatch the enemy you actually remember you have to land, hit the ground while still on your back, roll over to shoot more people running to kill you... Epic

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Terrific game, very real and disturbing. Maybe the most mature game I have ever played, just a joy from start to finish. More fun then the previous Max Payne titles but NOT as polished. There are things that bugged me about it: the story seemed short and too simplistic. Yes they added twists in there but they were somewhat predictable. They didn't do a great job at characterizing the villains very well and those cut scenes kind of made me dizzy at times.

I beat the game (my first time, on Normal) in less then 7 hours. That disappointed me the most, because the previous Max Payne titles had a pretty long intriguing story. This one didn't live up to the hype but the mechanics are maybe the best I've seen from a 3rd person shooter. Just a beautifully crafted game, I hope they keep utilizing those machanics for future rockstar games, hopefully GTA.

I'd give it a solid 8.5/10!
    Long story (more diversified environments), better characterization, A LOT more guns would have made this game one of the very best. But it's still very good. Possibly on the same tier as Uncharted 3 for the best looking title and arguably the best shooting mechanics in any game to date.

Rockstar always pioneers something...

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Worth buying?
    Absolutely!

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Great game! Started story mode on hardest and played for about 5h. So far so good. Didnt finish yet.

[QUOTE=rhythmic

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    I think Max Payne 2 was shorter. Personally I think this one is the best.
    Best gameplay sure, no doubt. The story itself was not as refined as Max Payne 2. Max Payne 1/2 are sacred Xbox titles, I don't think Max Payne 3 will be as highly regarded for the newer generation consoles.

1) Cutscenes
    2) Short story
    3) Lack of characterization

If you're going to attempt to tell a story from different time periods, the game has to be longer otherwise there is too much left untold. Max appeared in NJ and Brazil, 3-4 chapters was dedicated to his story in NJ. That's fine and all, but the story seemed entangled in the middle. The start and finish were good but the middle was weird. I can't really explain why. Perhaps not much was said about the main villains in the game at all, it was all held a secret until the last 2 chapters. They should have made the game longer, the length of a game is a very important criteria to me. A game like Uncharted 2 was perfect in every way...a story mode consisting of 10-14 hours depending on your skill level, the pacing, characterization, scenery and gameplay was top notch.

This game has similar characteristics but lacks pacing, characterization and even the environment seemed somewhat repetitive to me.

Back to Business

I have to agree

The game was short too short. I wanted at least 20+ chapters!

The story was a little confusing. The villians didnt have much character. I miss games where u couldnt wait to fight the final boss cuz their character was so nasty and disgusting and you knew thet had to be dealt wit. In max payne 3 it was so just like ok hey bad guy bye bad guy.

Graphics were moviesque. Very good. Voice acting was superb.

I loved the sequences when time slows down automatically and u get unlimited ammo. Example: end of the stage wen u on the boat with passos and u hit the ramp.

Now the multiplayer is wat really makes this game a shining star. Its gears of war meets cod meets gta with a max payne twist.

If you got this game and you not playin multiplayer u wasting your money. Im not gonna get into details but trust this statement. The multiplayer is just as good as the story.

If they decide to make a max payne 4 i hope they bring it back to the united states. Brazil was cool and all but i mean come on max payne was an american hero or should i say he is.i would have like to see him in present day miami,cali,vegas,of course new york and the whole tri state area. Him being in brazil kinda was like ok but y brazil?lol

All in all its a great game. A must buy

Quote Originally Posted by miggyme1
    I have to agree

The game was short too short. I wanted at least 20+ chapters!

The story was a little confusing. The villians didnt have much character. I miss games where u couldnt wait to fight the final boss cuz their character was so nasty and disgusting and you knew thet had to be dealt wit. In max payne 3 it was so just like ok hey bad guy bye bad guy.

Graphics were moviesque. Very good. Voice acting was superb.

I loved the sequences when time slows down automatically and u get unlimited ammo. Example: end of the stage wen u on the boat with passos and u hit the ramp.

Now the multiplayer is wat really makes this game a shining star. Its gears of war meets cod meets gta with a max payne twist.

If you got this game and you not playin multiplayer u wasting your money. Im not gonna get into details but trust this statement. The multiplayer is just as good as the story.

If they decide to make a max payne 4 i hope they bring it back to the united states. Brazil was cool and all but i mean come on max payne was an american hero or should i say he is.i would have like to see him in present day miami,cali,vegas,of course new york and the whole tri state area. Him being in brazil kinda was like ok but y brazil?lol

All in all its a great game. A must buy
    Why brazil? Probably because NY has already been done to death lol. I liked the change of scenery. But I do see where your coming from

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtT0K7hHL-I

Like most Rockstar games, The OST really gives the game an added boost.