Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default In Retrospective: Jimmer Fredette

Does this pick makes any sense at all to the Kings? The only team drooling for him were Utah and the Kings never offered to trade him. I believe he will not develop in Sacramento and by the time the Kings decide to trade him, his stock will be very low. He's a great shooter, but is the wrong piece for a team that don't have any sort of direction.

Default Re: In Retrospective: Jimmer Fredette

Yes it does. Robinson being there will allow him to be have more space thus being more effective as the combo guard he is meant to be.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    Does this pick makes any sense at all to the Kings? The only team drooling for him were Utah and the Kings never offered to trade him. I believe he will not develop in Sacramento and by the time the Kings decide to trade him, his stock will be very low. He's a great shooter, but is the wrong piece for a team that don't have any sort of direction.
    The kid was never a fit to begin with, and very often he was tentative when making a move to the basket. I don't know if it's because of his lack of height or athleticism. He's not a player that could thrive in the chaos that is the Kings and all their shoot first pass whenever I'm stuck players.

Robinson will straight them up. The Boy is on a mission to be a superstar. Know what other PF had his mother die prompting him to become a NBA player ?

Tim Duncan.

All is said.

NBA Superstar

Kings had/have too many chuckers/weapons. for how bad the Kings are thought of they have a lot of talent on that team aside from Fredette, and frankly Fredette never played deserving of a lot of shots. there were a lot of times he had open looks but missed. JJ Reddick seems to me a better player pretty easy over Fredette....

i'm skeptical he'll ever be what he was hyped since he's undersized too. i'd also expect him to be able to somewhat consistently make open shots he gets but he didn't.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Punpun
    Robinson will straight them up. The Boy is on a mission to be a superstar. Know what other PF had his mother die prompting him to become a NBA player ?

Tim Duncan.

All is said.
    I guess Thomas Robinson better make an immediate impact on the league, since you just compared him to Tim Duncan.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    I guess Thomas Robinson better make an immediate impact on the league, since you just compared him to Tim Duncan.
    He will. Did I make you mad on some other thread ? Sure seems like so.

Banned

Whats the retrospective for? He's a rookie who came into the worst situation in the league. Once Sacramento gets rid of its dead weight (Evans, etc) he will be a very solid rotation player.

NBA sixth man of the year

He will. Did I make you mad on some other thread ? Sure seems like so.
    Why would you make me mad?

What you said was dumb, that's all.

But's good to know that Thomas Robinson will be All-NBA has a rookie.

That's just the truth.

>Fatboy

SO butthurt.

Banned

Jimmer is nothing more than an overrated volume shooter who, if his shot isn't falling, is absolutely useless on the floor. He doesn't even have passable NBA caliber skills in other areas. After seeing him play live a handful of times this season, he looks even worse in person. He looks like you pulled somebody out of the stands and threw them the basketball most of the time... total deer in the headlights, 'what do I do?' reaction. His passing is seriously an abomination and I can't believe people try to pigeon hole him as a PG.

The Kings should keep Cousins/Robinson/Thomas and maybe Thornton and just clean house. Start over fresh with a new identity and culture, spearheaded entirely by a workhorse like Robinson. At the least shop vets like Salmons and Garcia to young teams lacking experience. Young guys like Evans and Thornton could bring some great pieces back to the Kings moving forward.

Jimmer was an awful pick in retrospect. That being said, I'm rooting for him to prove me wrong.

he's short and slow with a slow release.

can't play in the NBA. Everybody is too fast. Should go to Europe imo.

also quit talking about Trob in every thread no one will remember him in 5 years

That's just the truth.

>Fatboy

SO butthurt.
    Why do you ride his dick so hard? I honestly don't understand how people get so enamored with certain players that they feel they have to mention him and defend him and suck his dick on every post they make. You're approaching 6'4MAMBA territory with the dickriding that is taking place.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    he's short and slow with a slow release.

can't play in the NBA. Everybody is too fast. Should go to Europe imo.

also quit talking about Trob in every thread no one will remember him in 5 years
    Seems a bit precipitous, don't you think?