Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
       

Default Re: New Jersey Nets 2011-12 Post game thread

times suck and hump's shoulder is sprained, but articles like this make me very, very happy to be a nets fan and not a knicks fan:
    Knicks didn't have to be this thin:

With a five-point loss to visiting Toronto, the Knicks slipped back below .500. Their bench is a patchwork of rookies, aging veterans and marginal players. The drop-off in talent after the Big Three is enormous. This is the quandary the Knicks created for themselves when they shipped four starters to Denver for Carmelo Anthony last February. ... Had Anthony simply waited a bit, he could have joined a lineup with the capable Raymond Felton at point guard and Danilo Gallinari as a versatile sixth man. The Knicks would have lost Wilson Chandler to free agency, but they could have kept Timofey Mozgov and their 2014 first-round pick. The roster would have been deeper, more balanced. Or the Knicks might have parlayed those assets into Chris Paul.

SMH! Where you at NJN fans!!! Win #2! 15 three pointers. Deron got to the line and both Morrow and Farmar woke up offensively. great job.

   

great to see morrow's stroke going like that. hopefully he stays reasonably hot from here on out.

not sure when hump came back exactly, but nice to see him back gobbling up the boards.

still not really sure why the mavs let destevenson go, nor why the nets snagged him, but cool to see a bruce bowen-type doing his thing at both ends.

always good to get a win to help d-will stay the course.

my god, ryan anderson is tearing it up on the magic. rod thorn, you screwed us pretty good on that trade.

Good, win I just dont expect us making 15 3's many games /
    I like our rotation Avery used against Toronto.
    Brook's should be back against Miami, tonight go NETS

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes

great to see morrow's stroke going like that. hopefully he stays reasonably hot from here on out.

not sure when hump came back exactly, but nice to see him back gobbling up the boards.

still not really sure why the mavs let destevenson go, nor why the nets snagged him, but cool to see a bruce bowen-type doing his thing at both ends.

always good to get a win to help d-will stay the course.

my god, ryan anderson is tearing it up on the magic. rod thorn, you screwed us pretty good on that trade.
    They traded him for Lee. Traded Lee for Murphy. Traded Murphy + a pick for Wright (who did not return)

   

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    They traded him for Lee. Traded Lee for Murphy. Traded Murphy + a pick for Wright (who did not return)
    yup.

but i get that after several transactions you can turn a paperclip in to a house. it's really just the original trade that kills me: carter AND anderson in exchange for alston, battie and lee in the summer of '09. ouch.

Deron Williams put in work. 35-14 very efficiently too.

Gaines did better in his return than D-Will. in the minutes he got.

Finally won a home game.
    Good night all around. We hung with the Warriors explosive offense.

How bout MarShon lately? I'm lovin' this guy.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Brooks is showing a ton of upside. Our defense is terible though. I can't wait for Lopez to return just because I can't stand watching Okur and Petro, alothugh they have had a few good games, I just don't feel at ease with them at the 5. Hopefully we can be atleast 2-3 games within .500 before Lopez comes back, then we should be able to make a playoff push for the 8th seed. Go Nets!

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    Brooks is showing a ton of upside. Our defense is terible though. I can't wait for Lopez to return just because I can't stand watching Okur and Petro, alothugh they have had a few good games, I just don't feel at ease with them at the 5. Hopefully we can be atleast 2-3 games within .500 before Lopez comes back, then we should be able to make a playoff push for the 8th seed. Go Nets!
    Wishful thinking. Let's hope for the best though. They have been winning against teams without some key player so the schedule has been in our favor. Brook is out of his boot though. Hopefully he's back soon!

Good solid win today against the Bobcats. Gotta be consistent though.

Quote Originally Posted by MTing
    Good solid win today against the Bobcats. Gotta be consistent though.
    Chi town is next without Luol Deng. Let's go nets

Brooks is definitely a huge surprise this year. It is possible to rebuild around him should Deron leaves, or we can add him as a great trade asset for superstar players like Dwight and others. I personally would not want to involve him in a possible Dwight trade though, but its a possibility for the FO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Brooks is definitely a huge surprise this year. It is possible to rebuild around him should Deron leaves, or we can add him as a great trade asset for superstar players like Dwight and others. I personally would not want to involve him in a possible Dwight trade though, but its a possibility for the FO.
    Agreed.