Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Default Re: Anthony Parker: Euroleague God/Role Player in the NBA

This overall population argument is crap, Uruguay only has about 3,250,000 people yet they almost made the World Cup Final over countries that dwarf them population wise.

Get outta here with that shit argument.

I rule the local playground

I like how he conveniently forgot to add Russia in top europeans teams cause they have huge population.Besides even if we consider talent per capita Usa is ahead of anyone else.

Great college starter

Let's face the facts kids.....we are much larger than any balling country we faced in teh Olympics. I guarantee Spain would be putting out more high-level competition if they were 7 times larger than they are now....that' just common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23
    Let's face the facts kids.....we are much larger than any balling country we faced in teh Olympics. I guarantee Spain would be putting out more high-level competition if they were 7 times larger than they are now....that' just common sense.

well im sure if american athletes cared about soccer we would have the best team in the world. we have a bigger population than most countries right?
    we will be right up there with likes of the chinese soccer team and india's soccer team

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by LBJMVP
    well im sure if american athletes cared about soccer we would have the best team in the world. we have a bigger population than most countries right?
    we will be right up there with likes of the chinese soccer team and india's soccer team

Spain plays basketball. It's a 2nd most popular sport in Spain, like basketball is in the United States.

They aren't some 3rd world country that doesn't know what a basketball looks like....

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Actually, it's a COMMON SENSE statement. If the Unites States only had the population of Spain, the number of quality players would most definately DECREASE. Spain is at a huge disadvantage in the genetic pool category due to being 7 times smaller than the U.S., as many of the countries we faced weren't even the size of New York City....now imagine us only being able to use New York City players. "Mecca of basketball" or not, the NBA would suffer big time with the lack of quality players.

You got to be the biggest moron alive to think country size has no bearing. Which BALLING country is gonna produce the best players, 300 million or 5 million??
    Yes. I agree. That is why China Basketball is dominating every league in the world.

I rule the local playground

Spain's population 46 millions
    USA's African Americans 42 millions

considering that 21/22 of players who represented Usa in two last major tournaments and went undefeated were african americans your argument is bogus.USA produces much more talent per capita than Spain and it's not even close.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak

considering that 21/22 of players who represented Usa in two last major tournaments and went undefeated were african americans your argument is bogus.USA produces much more talent per capita than Spain and it's not even close.

Per capita is irrelevant. If Spain were 7 times bigger, they would be producing more high-level talent than they are right now....it's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Argentina is now in Europe?
    Manu, Scola and Nocioni are Argentines and Argentina is in South America, it borders with Brazil, Chile, Uruguay, Bolivia and Paraguay

They are Argentines of Italian descent. You have to be pretty stupid to not recognize some of the most common Italian names there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak

The NBA is a racist organization. The discussion ends there.

You also counted several players that are half white and half black (they are not black) as "African American".

News flash, guys that are half white and half black, are NOT black.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    They are Argentines of Italian descent. You have to be pretty stupid to not recognize some of the most common Italian names there.
    So what, they weren't born in Italy, they were born in Argentina, numbnuts.

People of Italian ancestary make up almost half of Argentina's population, the majority being of Spanish ancestary (Spain is also in Europe, BTW)..I have no fukking idea what they being of Italian ancestary have to do with your argument.

It would be the same if their last names were Rubio, Gasol or Calderon (giving you Spanish names to make a point, after all, Argentina's majority is of Spanish background), if they are born in Argentina, they are Argentinians, not European

If you take a look at the Argentine National Soccer Team, Italian names like Messi, Coloccini, Zanetti, D'Alessandro, Milito, Sensini, Troglio, Caniggia etc pop out, never heard anyone try and argue they should play for Italy
    Last edited by TheMan; 02-25-2012 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    So what, they weren't born in Italy, they were born in Argentina, numbnuts.

People of Italian ancestary make up almost half of Argentina's population, the majority being of Spanish ancestary (Spain is also in Europe, BTW)..I have no fukking idea what they being of Italian ancestary have to do with your argument.

It would be the same if their last names were Rubio, Gasol or Calderon (giving you Spanish names to make a point, after all, Argentina's majority is of Spanish background), if they are born in Argentina, they are Argentinians, not European
    Nocioni and Ginobili are Italian citizens. This is a fact.

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

lol at the topic of this thread, and its constant resurgence. ultimate baiting going on, i guess some people just enjoy trolling too much :)

I usually hit open layups JD_TO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    The NBA is a racist organization. The discussion ends there.

You also counted several players that are half white and half black (they are not black) as "African American".

News flash, guys that are half white and half black, are NOT black.
    In North America we believe in the one drop rule, for one to be considered white both parents must be white.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Nocioni and Ginobili are Italian citizens. This is a fact.
    Nocioni was born in Santa Fe, Arg and Manu was born in Buenos Aires Arg, this is a fact.