Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re: Would you trade Greg Oden for Tim Duncan?

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    You can be serious?

Can you?
    What do you mean?

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Comedy Central
    What do you mean?
    You know what I mean.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Don't get me wrong. A prime 'Zo would kill people right now.

However, a prime 'Zo is not a guy that would get all this media attention and praise.

You know what I mean.
    No I don't so please explain what you mean.

No I don't so please explain what you mean.
    Go back and look at the statement you made about Zo, 3 inches taller, and being as good as Duncan.

rank sentamentalist

Like GoBB said, it just depends on the team. There's no way in hell the Mavs take Oden over Duncan. Just won't happen. On the other hand, the Hawks take Oden for sure. Without a doubt in their mind (ok, a small doubt).

It comes down to rebuilding, or contending. The Nets take Duncan, the Sixers take Oden, the Lakers take Duncan, the Hornets take Oden. It's quite simple really.

Still, the Blazers are very interesting. Zach Randolph just becomes SO much more impressive with a Tim Duncan playing on the block on offense and defending the middle. Jack looks better, Roy has open lanes, Webster and that SF sho started a lot of the year but who's name I always forget gets all kinds of open shots. He just improves the whole team. And while this team is young, they do have the talent to do extremely well over the next 3-4 years, while Duncan's still playing at the level he is now.

I think the Blazers do this, but the Spurs don't (obviously). At this point, Portland has enough talent that has actually developed from potential over the last while, that they would have a good enough team to contend with within the next year or so.

And no, you trade LeBron for absolutely no one.

Go back and look at the statement you made about Zo, 3 inches taller, and being as good as Duncan.
    What's wrong about that? He was a combination of skills and athleticism, had a perfectly balanced game: great on both sides of the floor, 20, 10 with 3+ almost 4 blocks per game. the only disadvantage of him imo is size, 6'9-6'10 is a bit short for a center, add 2- 3 inches on that he would be just as dominant as Duncan, if not better.

What's wrong about that? He was a combination of skills and athleticism, had a perfectly balanced game: great on both sides of the floor, 20, 10 with 3+ almost 4 blocks per game. the only disadvantage of him imo is size, 6'9-6'10 is a bit short for a center, add 2- 3 inches on that he would be just as dominant as Duncan, if not better.
    So you answered my question.

You were serious.

"Rarefied air" is being unstoppable.
    What bull, the fact you mentioned LeBron was a joke...you claimed Hakeem only won 2 championships?! That's TWO more then a player you named in your post, how is Kobe NOT unstoppable? Smarten up please. Kobe is easily the best one on one player today, has more respect out of his peers then any player ALIVE...can play both sides of the court, won 3 titles in his career...Jordan wouldn't have won 6 titles without Pippen. We can go back and forth, I'm just shocked at the fact you put Duncan on your list and claim he's some unstoppable force but left off Hakeem, who is clearly the better player.

I'm just puzzled at how much this board rides Duncan, to have the nerve to put him above the Dream...if Hakeem started his career the same time Duncan did, he would have those same 3 rings if NOT more...to me Hakeem was the better defensive player and offensive player then Duncan. And if Duncan started his career when there were dozen of HOF big man, Barkley, Malone, Robinson, Ewing, Hakeem, Kemp...not to mention Jordan's Bulls, I doubt he would even have ONE ring.

To me Hakeem winning 2 rings in a much tougher era, is just as impressive as Duncan winning 3/4 rings without any real competition.

Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

NnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnO

UFOs do exist i seen one last night

Quote Originally Posted by West-Side
    What bull, the fact you mentioned LeBron was a joke...you claimed Hakeem only won 2 championships?! That's TWO more then a player you named in your post, how is Kobe NOT unstoppable? Smarten up please. Kobe is easily the best one on one player today, has more respect out of his peers then any player ALIVE...can play both sides of the court, won 3 titles in his career...Jordan wouldn't have won 6 titles without Pippen. We can go back and forth, I'm just shocked at the fact you put Duncan on your list and claim he's some unstoppable force but left off Hakeem, who is clearly the better player.

I'm just puzzled at how much this board rides Duncan, to have the nerve to put him above the Dream...if Hakeem started his career the same time Duncan did, he would have those same 3 rings if NOT more...to me Hakeem was the better defensive player and offensive player then Duncan. And if Duncan started his career when there were dozen of HOF big man, Barkley, Malone, Robinson, Ewing, Hakeem, Kemp...not to mention Jordan's Bulls, I doubt he would even have ONE ring.

To me Hakeem winning 2 rings in a much tougher era, is just as impressive as Duncan winning 3/4 rings without any real competition.
    Too many logical errors to even attempt.......

You think I'm some kind of Duncan, but you are clearly a Duncan detractor. I'm not going to play this game. I'll only say that most of Duncan's championship teams can't be ruled out for winning a championship in Jordan or Dream's era. They were/are that good.

I also think it is absolutely moronic to pull the "there was no competition" card.

So you answered my question.

You were serious.
    Yes, I was.

Yes, I was.
    I know.

Did you miss where I said that?

Season Numbers

Tim Duncan: 21.8 PPG, 11.9 RPG, 3.2 APG, 2.4 BPG, 0.8 SPG .509 FG, .680 FT in 37.5 MPG

Hakeem Olajuwon: 21.8 PPG, 11.1 RPG, 2.5 APG, 3.09 SPG, 1.75 SPG, .512 FG, .712 FT in 35.7 MPG

Playoff Numbers

Tim Duncan: 23.9 PPG, 12.6 RPG, 3.5 APG, 2.8 BPG, 0.7 SPG, .509 FG in 40.2 MPG

Hakeem Olajuwon: 25.9 PPG, 11.2 RPG, 3.2 APG, 3.26 BPG, 1.69 SPG, .528 FG in 39.6 MPG

Accolades

The Dream: 1 MVP, 12 All-Star Appearances, 2 Time DPOY, 2 Finals MVP, 6 time All-NBA, 5 time All-Defense, 2 Championships.
    Big Fundamental: 2 MVPs, 9 time All-Star, DPOY, 3 time Finals MVP, 9 time 1st-Team, 7 time All-Defense, 3 Championships.

Realistically, scratch off both of Duncan's MVPs, his DPOY, about 3-4 of his 1st team selections and all 3 of his rings...because I know if he played in the same era as Hakeem, his accolades would be severely decreased.

Not to mention those numbers are deflated for Hakeem because his final few years dropped his average significantly.
    Last edited by West-Side; 06-10-2007 at 04:37 PM.

Oh.......you're one of those numbers guys.

No thanks. I quit arguing about numbers when I was 19 or so.