Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: How far would the Warriors get if they had to play honest ball against the 1995-96 Bulls?

They'd destroy the Celtics. Awful matchup for the Celtics.
    I'd have to think about the Lakers. First thought is Warriors win. Shaq/Kobe Lakers have a better shot either way.
    Bulls series hinges on level of physical play allowed on the perimeter. It can swing pretty hard in both directions.

Default Re: How far would the Warriors get if they had to play honest ball against the 1995-96 Bulls?

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    I'd have to think about the Lakers.
    Bulls series hinges on level of physical play allowed on the perimeter. It can swing pretty hard in both directions.
    Agreed on all three accounts

FKAri with yet another High IQ post. I guess that's just ONE of the benefits of being in TheFam

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    WTF? They weren't even taller than the Magic. Rodman is undersized.
    ah yes, HTF they'd sweep the Magic. If you know of other lineups with that kind of height, I'd love to hear.

I'd have to think about the Lakers. First thought is Warriors win. Shaq/Kobe Lakers have a better shot either way.
    The Celtics are taller, have 7 guys averaging double figures, one of the best passing teams, and the Lakers could run on them. The Bulls, who were the league's best team on both offense and defense, would actually beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by 72-10
    The Celtics are taller, have 7 guys averaging double figures, one of the best passing teams, and the Lakers could run on them. The Bulls, who were the league's best team on both offense and defense, would actually beat them.
    I still think the Celtics get worked. That was my team growing up. I actually watched them. The Warriors is their worst nightmare. Bulls won't do shit if they call a foul each time they try to get physical. But it's up to your interpretation of "honest ball".

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 72-10
    ah yes, HTF they'd sweep the Magic. If you know of other lineups with that kind of height, I'd love to hear.
    Horace Grant got injured.

I still think the Celtics get worked. That was my team growing up. I actually watched them. The Warriors is their worst nightmare. Bulls won't do shit if they call a foul each time they try to get physical. But it's up to your interpretation of "honest ball".
    Very funny, Fkari. Would love to see them stymied by the Bulls' physical perimeter defense.
    Last edited by 72-10; 05-16-2019 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Those who followed Grant's career seem to agree that he peaked in 94-95.

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

It all depends on what rules they are playing under.

The Celtics of 86

Good college starter BigShotBob's Avatar

lol at "honest ball."

What does that even mean?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Yes, he did. Could he have been enough to give the Magic one win in the series? I doubt it, but we'll never know. I'll point out that the Bulls were utterly destroying the Magic in game 1 when Grant got hurt late in the second half. His play didn't seem to bother the Bulls at all.

I like Grant, always have. He's more than a role player but not really an All Star either. More like a major glue guy when he was playing his best. Great for the Bulls first championship run.