Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: O.J. Mayo and Allen Iverson Will Be the Best Backcourt in the NBA

no more then 30 wins

10 wins ,

Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plat1numX
    no more then 30 wins
    hi hater. OJ Mayo is a year older experienced knows what to expect from the NBA game. Played in Team USA camp. Trained with Gilbert Areanas and Chancey Billups all off season. Rudy Gay added 20 lbs of muscle and says he wants to eleveate his game to LeBron's level. Marc Gasol if you havent seen him has lost a lot of weight and is alot more mobile. Addition of Zach Randolph and a motivated Allen Iverson. With all of that you think we are just going to win 6 more games than last year?

50 is more reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
    hi hater. OJ Mayo is a year older experienced knows what to expect from the NBA game. Played in Team USA camp. Trained with Gilbert Areanas and Chancey Billups all off season. Rudy Gay added 20 lbs of muscle and says he wants to eleveate his game to LeBron's level. Marc Gasol if you havent seen him has lost a lot of weight and is alot more mobile. Addition of Zach Randolph and a motivated Allen Iverson. With all of that you think we are just going to win 6 more games than last year?

50 is more reasonable.

and how many people thought that the Clippers were gonna win 50 games last season with the lineup that they had?

Quote Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba

50 is more reasonable.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by SAKOTXA
    and Thabeet , Mike Conley, Warrick comming off the bench
    Warrick is a member of the Milwaukee Bucks.

National High School Star gpfanz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FIXED
    Answer: Yes
    I think so too Mayo has no ego hence good fit for AI

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    and how many people thought that the Clippers were gonna win 50 games last season with the lineup that they had?
    Bad comparison..

How many injuries clippers had last year?not saying they were too good when healthy ..

kaman randolph didnt play half the games. not to forget camby, davis and others missing games

Quote Originally Posted by FIXED
    I mean we have all seen what O.J. Mayo has done to Manu Ginobili just flat out embrassed him last year in 3 out of their 4 games.
    it's still TP and Gino

i like how mayo "embarrassed" manu in 4 losing efforts. it's easy to look at ppg and omit mpg thus ignoring the fact that manu was barely stepping foot on the court last november for 2 of these 3 said match ups. manu mpg (11, 20, 23, 40) compared to mayo mpg (43, 42, 36, 52).

tony parker is a good ways ahead of either player at this point and if manu is a shadow of his 08 self the spurs backcourt with the history and chemistry of 3 titles together will better this duo and most any other in the league.

that said i am completely jacked to watch the grizzlies this season - a sneak preview of some of the league's best forthcoming talent imo.

Local High School Star KB2009Champ's Avatar

To the person who wrote that Iverson will be a veteran locker room presence because he is starving for a championship............are you high? LMAO

Thats an oxymoron statement right there. If he was starving for a championship he'd be on a championship caliber team accepting a bench role instead of joining memphis where he can chuck to his hearts content in an attempt to prove that he can still score.

LMAO.

If I have a young team the last thing I'd do is to sign freakin Zach Randolph and A.I. That Griz team already had enough issues with OJ and Gay chucking to their hearts content.

Sorry, not enough ball to go around.

Quote Originally Posted by plat1numX
    no more then 30 wins
    when was the last time AI got less than 30 wins?

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    when was the last time AI got less than 30 wins?
    when was the last time A.I played with zach randolph, rudy gay, and oj mayo

I dont know what the problem is. Everyone keeps saying that this team will be a one pass and shoot team but I dont see that. Randolph should be traded, that way Thabeet can take his spot.

agreed

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

I can't wait for the excuses that the AI d i c k riders trot out once the Griz stink it up. I'll give you a few to start with-

Man, he's 34. He's a warrior, he's taken a beating his whole career.

Randolph is a ballhog, he wouldn't give AI the ball back.

Mayo is still young, if AI was here three years from now they'd win it all.