Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Gucci Mane is the most under appreciated rapper of this generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    It only becomes boring and preachy when rappers focus more on what they're rapping about than the fact that they are making a song. The quality of music has nothing to do with the "message" (whether it be ignorant or "conscious"). It's about the song itself as a work of music.

And I tried to reply to your PM from a while back but your messages were full.
    Why do you listen to rap if you don't care about the message?

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    Listen to Trap God, or I'm up, Or trap Back!!!
    People say he can't rap, but don't believe that!! His trap rhymes are just over most of your heads..

Yeah

I don't know about most but I believe people not liking his style makes them miss the point and the subject matter.

His style is unique and most unique things are love em or hate em.

Quote Originally Posted by upside24
    I don't know about most but I believe people not liking his style makes them miss the point and the subject matter.

His style is unique and most unique things are love em or hate em.
    His style isn't unique.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    His style isn't unique.
    By style I mean not only delivery or structure, I'm covering the whole package as an individual. "Swag" or his persona.

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    What are you talking about? Cause I like Gucci I only like ignorant music? I like other preachy rappers also. Guccis just the truth at rapping about the trap.
    Nobody in the trap has Lambos and is icy at all. See if you said you feel Gucci and you like his brand of humor and style then I wouldn't have blinked an eye but calling him the most underrated anything is straight up bullshitting me.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Rapping wise Boogeyman is probably the best song Gucci ever made and it would be the worst song on Jeezys first album. Gucci isnt even special as a dope boy rapper.

Hes a mile short of Pusha. Hell hes worse than Ja Rules old sidekick who ended up in the Reup Gang. Hes no C murda.

I dont know how anyone compares him to Gibbs. Gibbs can rap.
    Seriously boogeyman is his best?? Lol

First song back, trap talk, 24 hours, Kansas, boy from the black. Beat it up, Atlanta zoo. etc. this man has classics everywhere.

By style I mean not only delivery or structure, I'm covering the whole package as an individual. "Swag" or his persona.
    I can dig this.....people from zone 6 and the surrounding areas are bound to like him and relate at least on a small level.....but the OP says Gucci Mane lyrics go ver people's heads? ****outtahere

I really don't give a fuhck about that.

He sucks, plain and simple.

It only becomes boring and preachy when rappers focus more on what they're rapping about than the fact that they are making a song. The quality of music has nothing to do with the "message" (whether it be ignorant or "conscious"). It's about the song itself as a work of music.

And I tried to reply to your PM from a while back but your messages were full.
    My point is people love to see black men acting stupid. As soon as a rapper asks intelligent questions and makes positive music he gets attacked and his sales suffer. So sell more alcohol, shoot more ****boys, cook more crack, slang more dope, and spit more useless bars that don't mean shit under the guise of creativity.....I hate rappers.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    I can dig this.....people from zone 6 and the surrounding areas are bound to like him and relate at least on a small level.....but the OP says Gucci Mane lyrics go ver people's heads? ****outtahere
    Nah, I'm not with that. His lyrics are elementery compare to guys like TI for example. I like the husltinghardcookingharderweaboutgettingthatmoney style.

Don't get me wrong, Gucci can be clever but his not rapping riddles like some guys do.

My point is people love to see black men acting stupid. As soon as a rapper asks intelligent questions and makes positive music he gets attacked and his sales suffer. So sell more alcohol, shoot more ****boys, cook more crack, slang more dope, and spit more useless bars that don't mean shit under the guise of creativity.....I hate rappers.
    That's the market right now. The rap landscape is about drugs, violence and explotation of women because we as consumers like it. I personally don't support killing someone but I take the music as art not real life.

The reason the aggressive violent stuff is what I listen to is because of the unflappable confidence and ambition. Jeezy, Gucci, Biggie and early Jay Z all have grit and drive. It's raw.

The popularity of this music has a negative effect on uninformed non-black observers giving the impression that the black guy ringing you up at Wal Mart might have more glass pots then Wal Mart does back at home.

[COLOR="Blue"]I completely understand your agrument about prolonging the missdistribution of information about how other races really are just the same. Human beings with lives and ambitions no different from skin color to skin color.[/COLOR]

That's the market right now. The rap landscape is about drugs, violence and explotation of women because we as consumers like it. I personally don't support killing someone but I take the music as art not real life.

The reason the aggressive violent stuff is what I listen to is because of the unflappable confidence and ambition. Jeezy, Gucci, Biggie and early Jay Z all have grit and drive. It's raw.

The popularity of this music has a negative effect on uninformed non-black observers giving the impression that the black guy ringing you up at Wal Mart might have more glass pots then Wal Mart does back at home.

[COLOR="Blue"]I completely understand your agrument about prolonging the missdistribution of information about how other races really are just the same. Human beings with lives and ambitions no different from skin color to skin color.[/COLOR]

Yet non of my white friends get harassed by gang unit for wearing red or blue like me. I know how the worl should be but this is the way it is. Kids of other races can go through a "goon faze" like Andy Reid's kids but the ghetto is my foundation, I can't shake it. Negative stereotyoes cause me and mine hardships. We have to stunt all this ignorance and promote more realistic images, positive ones that can produce positive outcomes for our kids.

I'm tired of ****** shooting up shit and selling drugs and bragging. It's way past old. But when you grew up seeing drug addicts, gangbanging, and the people you love are really getting killed in this life it means more to you that just entertainment.

Yet non of my white friends get harassed by gang unit for wearing red or blue like me. I know how the worl should be but this is the way it is. Kids of other races can go through a "goon faze" like Andy Reid's kids but the ghetto is my foundation, I can't shake it. Negative stereotyoes cause me and mine hardships. We have to stunt all this ignorance and promote more realistic images, positive ones that can produce positive outcomes for our kids.

I'm tired of ****** shooting up shit and selling drugs and bragging. It's way past old. But when you grew up seeing drug addicts, gangbanging, and the people you love are really getting killed in this life it means more to you that just entertainment.
    I didn't grow up in the same environment as you and that affects my opinion on that type of music. Since I don't see shootings and bystander deaths on a regular basis it's easier for me to see it as purely storytelling and role playing.

There is nothing glorified about killing a child with a stray or a house full of kids with nothing to eat because crack is first on the list.

I understand your position as much as I can as a person not in your position.

Because I like rap music. There's nothing intricate or special about my reasoning. The message is only one aspect of rapping. And rapping is one aspect of rap music. The message means nothing if it's not conveyed well in this field. It's not like an essay where the subject matter is what composes the entirety of the work.
    Nothing here contradicts what I said. Do you care about a song having a message or not? Sounds like you do. The message factors into the quality of the song.