Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Steven A. Smith quote

that's harsh...

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

If the Thunder had a guy who could put up 13 assists nightly that would be wonderful.

College superstar

Somewhere, Eric Snow is smiling.

National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

I didn't think anyone had that bad of a game. I thought Westbrook played fine for the most part. Sorry sports media, there isn't always someone to blame for everything....

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    "Magic Johnson is as stupid as a college kid not wearing a condom and contracting AIDS."
    Does he still have AIDS? I hought he was healed, looks healthy

He never had AIDS, he had HIV nikka.

National High School Star

kevin durant's PG can not go 10-26.. thats unacceptable when KD is shooting 50% every damn game

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease nbaballllller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    i can't believe how many Westbrook defenders here in this thread, you guys really need to watch some team basketball and see what point guards usually do, especially if one of the point guard's other teammates is a scoring machine.

one of Stockton's 10 points, 13 assists game would help the Thunder better than a typical Westbrook 23 points on 24 shots game.
    um no.

westrook is the reason why this team is so dam scary. he puts a ton of pressure on the defense. you cant load up on durant when westbrook is in the game.

a non scoring but passing point guard would not work instead of westbrook. rose is the perfect combination of the two. because he would feed durant but also score

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nbaballllller
    um no.

westrook is the reason why this team is so dam scary. he puts a ton of pressure on the defense. you cant load up on durant when westbrook is in the game.

a non scoring but passing point guard would not work instead of westbrook. rose is the perfect combination of the two. because he would feed durant but also score
    Who cares if they can't double Durant? Westbrook is taking like 30 shots a game and the only way Durant is getting the ball is off an offensive rebound. . Man Westbrook put so much pressure on the Heat while putting OKC in a giant hole that even KD can't bail them out of.

Local High School Star

Magic is my favorite player of all time. But if he said that...He's trippin'. Not saying westbrook played great, but worst finals game as a PG ever. EVER!!! Come'on man!!!

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    He said it afterwards I believe.
    He said it during halftime dumbass.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nbaballllller
    um no.

yes, that's why many sports journalist and media have killed Westbrook (not new by the way, goes back to last playoffs too) for chucking up shots and not even looking for Durant during stretches of the game right?

i'm not even talking about the Skip Bayless guys now. But positive guys, respected guys, Magic, Broussard, Wilbon, JA Adande.

It's clear as day Westbrook's shoot-first ways is hurting OKC, not necessarily because Westbrook is a bad player, but because WHEN WESTBROOK SHOOTS, IT LEAVES OUT THE GREATEST SCORER IN THE LEAGUE.

You ISH kiddies keep focusing on the box score and think Westbrook had a great game though. You really think Magic and a bunch of other guys would go kill Westbrook like that if there wasn't some truth to it? What do they have to gain to hate on Westbrook? The dude is FREEZING OUT Durant for stretches of the game, for god's sake.

Good High School Starter Mach_3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Pride
    Westbrook is a retard

I seriously do not understand why he doesn't play like a point guard. If he played smart, OKC would have beaten the Heat today! The 1st thing a PG does is to involve everyone in the game and look for his shot later on, this guy goes 1-6 to begin with
    Because he's not a PG that's not his game. His entire life he's been about driving to the rim and finishing/taking that pullup jumper off the screen 1st and then seeing if he can set up his teamates if he can't get his own shot off.

Honestly i would have tried to trade him for like a Monta Ellis type and start Harden at point.

Serious playground baller LBJDW305's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    Ironic that the Heat point guard had:

3 points on 1-7 shooting. 1 asts, 4 rbs, and 3 TOs. All in 39 mins.

The Thunder point guard had:

27 points on 10-26 shooting. 7 asts, 8 rbs, and 2 TOs. All in 41 mins.

If you give any NBA fan and ask, who is the worst point guard, without saying their name, it'll be the Heat. GTFO with that.

Westbrook is attacking. Sometimes he does take questionable decisions and should give Durant the ball a bit more, but he is still putting pressure on the Heat defense when he drives. He almost had a triple double again.
    heats point guard ain't part of the "big 3"

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by FindingTim
    I didn't think anyone had that bad of a game. I thought Westbrook played fine for the most part. Sorry sports media, there isn't always someone to blame for everything....
    Exactly. He didn't even have a bad game, eventually those shots are gonna drop. Watching the game he missed a couple of easy layups and chippies. I'd rather have a guy play aggressive and keep the defense on his heels than play passive. Imo he just needs to calm down with the quick jumpers. Rondo showed how to attack the Heat. And considering Westbrooks jumper is better he just needs to calm down.