Good High School Starter Out_In_Utah's Avatar

Default NBA 2K Team-Up Quick Match Spite

Man, this mode can be so much frickin fun when people play it right, but frustrating as shit when played with assholes who ruin the game by a number of different ways, such as ball hoggin, leaving a controller on the ground so their player gets 3 second calls and you have to call time-out every time computer passes them the ball, and generally not playing according to player strengths.

Does anybody else get so pissed off at somebody playing like an asshole and ruining the game for you, that you decide to just ruin the game for them right back?

Case in point: I just played a game with these 2 guys. 1 guy was Okafor, 1 guy was Wall, and I was Nene. Game started with 10 players. Everybody quit on the other team and Wall and Okafor did pick and roll after pick and roll, never passing to anybody else on the team. Everybody else quit, so it was just the 3 of us. I went a quarter and a half without receiving a single pass, no matter how open I was. I started trying to get in on pick and rolls too, but it was obviously not just a preferred strategy, it was intentionally just passing between the 2 of them. I said screw I'm not quitting so they can have their game and it goes on my record as me quitting so I will get them to quit. They ruined the game for me so I will ruin the game for them. I started doing intentional 3 second calls on offense and defense. They both started messaging me to quit, so I messaged back telling them that they had 0 passes to me and asked for them to start passing. They played a quarter of the game messaging me to quit so I just told them to quit throughout that time. They finally gave in, quit and sent me texts with offensive language so I reported them for offensive language.

Am I the only person who has ever done this? It was the first time I actually reported somebody.

Default Re: NBA 2K Team-Up Quick Match Spite

Sounds about right when it comes to Team Up. I normally try to party up with 2 other people. But even with that the same issues happen as far as the other team quitting if they dont like the team/player they got or they are losing early. The idea of staying and playing is a foreign concept to them. The ball hogs I've experienced but not nearly as much as the quitting. People quit after tip off. Really no point of playing the cpu so I leave unless I'm against a human at the same position. Then we just play one another.

Yeah I did that before where I intentionally stood in paint or fouled every play. Some do that prematurely tho. One kid did it first quarter after 3mins passed. Its like dude you are not going to get the ball every single possession. 4 other people and the game is early. 4 quarters, enough time to get touches. I could see if it was your situation where dude hardly touched the rock for quarters. But first quarter? Nah.

Frustrating game mode at times, its best when you find 3-5 people to face 3-5 people. Speaking of which you get guys who play Team Up, after tip off QUIT then send you a message to play a private Team up. Almost as if they are recruiting.

Love Live Life

Yup.

It's better when you have 5 people you know on.

I've had fun with randoms also though so it's just hit or miss.

When I play I try to play team ball no matter what player I have

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Probably the most fun I have ever had playing a video game has come from team-up in the past. No lie.

Occasionally you will land in a really good 4v4 or 5v5 that doesn't lag, has people who use mics, and users who know basketball. The ball movement, the conversation, etc is an amazing gaming experience.

Unfortunately that happens like almost never. Too many ****ing little kids quitting when they don't get LeBron, don't know spacing for shit, can't play defense, don't understand roles, and cry like ******s when they don't get their way.

That's why you friend list the good ballers and set up your own matches.

Damn, all of this sounds exactly the same as when I played Team-Up on NBA 2K13. I'm assuming all of you are playing 2K14 by now.
    The game may have advanced a year, but apparently the players remained the same.

I can agree with Jimmy that some Team-Up matches in the past have been the most fun I've had playing a video game.

Love Live Life

Yeah the players are the ones that ruin the game.

It's better to get 10 people that you know gonna play team ball without quitting and run private matches.

this is exactly the reason i wanted to play some team up matches with ish members only

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    this is exactly the reason i wanted to play some team up matches with ish members only
    I had a a that.

Maybe make it select Ish members. Imagine playing with the likes of TonyMontana or something...

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    I had a a that.

Maybe make it select Ish members. Imagine playing with the likes of TonyMontana or something...
    Exactly.

I done came to the conclusion that most ISH members are stat watchers and they've never played a game of bball in their life.