Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Local High School Star PHX_Phan's Avatar

Default Re: Are You Disgusted By Fat People?

I don't judge. People do what they want, and if they want to live that way then it's their business.

That being said, when it comes to people I have to work or interact with, some things tend to bother me. It's not the fact that some people are just way too overweight, it's laziness or the mindset that things must work to cater to their weight problem. Especially when it comes to work, I can't stand to see someone who has the same wage/title as me but produces a fraction of the work due to laziness. This isn't exclusive to fat people, but it's compounded when they have a weight problem and just come off as sloppy individuals. Or when you're walking down a narrow hallway and someone who has three times the mass of an average person can't stay close to one side even though they already take up half the damn hallway. Why should I have to maneuver around you when it's not my fault we both can't fit between a walkway?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Borat
    USA is the country with the huge fat people.
    Other countries might have similar overweight/obesity rates, but they dont have the elephants the USA has. The true fat giants.
    We tend to have the best talent in every thing that matters. That's why ameeerrriccaaa is numero uno compadro!

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

I hate the tubs of lard in the South who claim their fat asses are the result of genetics, then claim gay people are making a lifestyle choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32
    I hate the tubs of lard in the South who claim their fat asses are the result of genetics, then claim gay people are making a lifestyle choice.
    .....that

Not airballing my layups anymore timlush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    You're supposed to think it's gross. Nature doesn't want you breeding with this. It wants you to reproduce with healthy people.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32

Quote Originally Posted by DirkNowitzki41
    Definitely.

There is a teacher in my school that has to turn side ways to get through the door.

Like ****, thats when enough is enough

my P.E teacher is often mistaken for an earthquake when she's walking towards my class. And all she does is eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    You have serious issues in your delusional world there, kid.
    Lol, thank you for actually commenting back on your perspective and why! And not just making some condescending statement because you don't agree, lol.

This thread is asking about whether or not fat people disgust you and why- that's what I did. I didn't ask anybody else to agree with me or state my opinion as fact. That is simply my opinion based off of my experience in interacting with fat people.

Perhaps I was too aggressive in my post. I have plenty of overweight friends and no, I don't ridicule them at all. However, when people are overweight and then complain about being such, yet do nothing to change it? Then yes, I find that annoying and disgusting, because that is weak by the very definition of it. I've had people ask me to take them to the gym with me to start working out (both very skinny and overweight people)- I don't ridicule or belittle them at all. Everybody starts somewhere and if they are trying to make a positive change, then I will support them.

Not even taking the physical appearance into account, it isn't healthy.

Disagreeing with someone's opinion is ok, but actually debate the topic at hand and not simply resort to calling me names in a condescending manner as though you are the grand wise master and I am the young pupil, lol. Like I said, maybe I came on too aggressively about it- my experience has just been overwhelming in the way that I have described.

Just like you may think I'm stupid, ugly, fat, or whatever negative attributes you want to say- IDC. At the end of the day, you have to look and the mirror and be happy with yourself. It doesn't matter what anybody else thinks (aside from the people you care about, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by blablabla
    there is a difference tho, the person who hasn't showered in a week is disturbing your personal space because of their smell
    a fat person eating a big mac shouldn't concern you at all
    A fat person eating a Big Mac does concern me and actually does invade my space- when I am in a plane, on a bus, movie theater, or any of the other numerous amounts of places where spacing in cramped. They cost more- it costs more food to feed them, gas to get them from place to place, all of the health problems that come along with being fat, the wearing down of accessories (cars, chairs, beds, shoes, etc), more trash from the more food, etc etc. Their carbon footprint and economic footprint is bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    I love how you pick fatness as the one big sign of weakness. There are some driven fatties out there that shit on 99% of ISH at life. Some people legit DON'T care. Some I casually know, who aren't morbidly obese but are overweight, seem to care more about work, drinking and getting women. Some people just don't care because it doesn't effect their day to day life.
    Fatness is a sign of weakness, just like smoking, or anything other unhealthy habit. I'm sure there are plenty of things about me that you and other people think is weak. That's ok- that is your opinion to have. I never said fatness was the absolute scale to judge whether someone is weak- however it is an aspect with which to gauge a certain kind of weakness. Just like I have a weakness for chocolate, so I have cut out buying Snickers and such (on the regular).

And it absolutely, 100%, affects their daily life. Going up stairs, getting out of bed, getting out of a chair, walking from place to place, picking things up, tying their shoes, moving things, etc. Working out and being healthy makes all of those things easier (just like smoking, drugs, etc affects your daily life).

There are plenty of fat people are driven academically and will be great in whatever field they choose. There are also plenty of in-shape people who are lazy in academics and horrible students. Those people are weak too.

A bunch of weaknesses are out there- I do not hold fatness as the one single greatest weakness in the world solely as a gauge for absolute weakness in a person. However, this thread is about fatness, so that is what I am discussing.

I live in Alabama. Guess I'm just kind of used to fat people...

I really hate to be a dickhole, but yes, fat people more and more these days be pissing me off, SMH-action, and honestly, it seems like 75% of the people I encounter on a day to day basis seems either "fat" (not talking a good sexy healthy thick) or obese. Am I right or not?

To be honest I find smokers much more of a problem than fat people. I don't really run into problems with fat people. But smokers you just have to put up with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    To be honest I find smokers much more of a problem than fat people. I don't really run into problems with fat people. But smokers you just have to put up with it.
    I have to agree. Again, sorry if I'm being offensive to smokers, but you guys are the biggest set of tear releasing crybabies. Here in NC about two years ago when it became illegal to smoke in any restaurant or bar, the rednecks all got up off the couch and came out the woodwork crying, bit(hing, throwing a hissy fit "MY RIGHTS! MY RIGHTS! I HAVE MY RIGHTS! YOU'RE TAKING AWAY MY RIGHT AS SMOKER TO HAVE A SMOKE BEFORE AND AFTER I EAT EVEN IF YOU DON'T SMOKE THAT DOESN'T MATTER SMOKER RIGHTS! SMOKER RIGHTS!

They are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
    I have to agree. Again, sorry if I'm being offensive to smokers, but you guys are the biggest set of tear releasing crybabies. Here in NC about two years ago when it became illegal to smoke in any restaurant or bar, the rednecks all got up off the couch and came out the woodwork crying, bit(hing, throwing a hissy fit "MY RIGHTS! MY RIGHTS! I HAVE MY RIGHTS! YOU'RE TAKING AWAY MY RIGHT AS SMOKER TO HAVE A SMOKE BEFORE AND AFTER I EAT EVEN IF YOU DON'T SMOKE THAT DOESN'T MATTER SMOKER RIGHTS! SMOKER RIGHTS!

They are the worst.
    It took that long for cigs to be banned in restaurants over there? I thought that rule was practically national law by the 90s.

Anyways, people like that are selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by Juges8932
    Lol, thank you for actually commenting back on your perspective and why! And not just making some condescending statement because you don't agree, lol.
    Your whole post was condescending. You came off like you think you're better than others who don't share your same viewpoint, and it reeked of ignorance. Being a judgmental prick towards people you don't know makes you come off as an alpha male fratbro caveman type. Some people come home from a stressful job and want to relax and watching TV can be relaxing to those people. Going to the gym could add more stress. Or maybe they're too busy. Maybe they find going to the gym too boring. Or maybe they have better things to do. Maybe they don't care to impress people by going to the gym. Etc...

However, when people are overweight and then complain about being such, yet do nothing to change it? Then yes, I find that annoying and disgusting, because that is weak by the very definition of it.
    That is different than what you said in your other post. We all have weaknesses in our own ways, so I'd at least hope you're not looking down upon these people. It can be quite difficult to dramatically change your lifestyle. It may appear easy to you if you've been doing it for a long time, but for those that haven't it can be a daunting task. Some people love going to the gym, many people hate it.

Disagreeing with someone's opinion is ok, but actually debate the topic at hand and not simply resort to calling me names in a condescending manner as though you are the grand wise master and I am the young pupil, lol. Like I said, maybe I came on too aggressively about it- my experience has just been overwhelming in the way that I have described.
    If you come off a certain way, then don't be surprised if someone calls you on it. What has been your experience? What has been so bad? Maybe you just completely lack tolerance.

And it absolutely, 100%, affects their daily life. Going up stairs, getting out of bed, getting out of a chair, walking from place to place, picking things up, tying their shoes, moving things, etc. Working out and being healthy makes all of those things easier (just like smoking, drugs, etc affects your daily life).
    Working out and being healthy makes tying your shoes easier? You act like those routine things are all that difficult. None of that is a problem until you start hitting the dangerous amounts of overweight.