Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    In It to Win It

Default Re: Blazers score basket against Celtics using six players on the court

Yeah, this whole thing is ridiculous. Ref's should not have allowed the basket, and they should have set the clock back to however much time was set and Portland would re-inbound the ball. That's the logical thing to do in that scenario. Just re-do the thing, 6 on 5 is an absolute disgrace. The ref's are at it once again.

Blu Ray

Actually, it should have been a no basket and a turnover. I wouldn't even have called a technical. Just waive the basket and give Boston the ball at half court.

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    Actually, it should have been a no basket and a turnover. I wouldn't even have called a technical. Just waive the basket and give Boston the ball at half court.
    of course you would. you're a boston fan.

the logical thing to do is what FOURCE OF NATURE said.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
    of course you would. you're a boston fan.

the logical thing to do is what FOURCE OF NATURE said.
    Rule infractions have to have penalties, else there's no disincentive to trying them. If you know they'll give you the ball back if you do get caught then why not try playing six men?

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Wow they actually counted the basket . Officiating in the NBA is for clowns. How the **** did the refs even let 6 players on the court in the first place?

Put yr guns up

This whole idea of the refs not being able to "reset" the play is a load of BS that people are pulling out of their ass. My memory on this is a bit fuzzy but a few years ago the Rockets were playing I think the Hawks. It was the start of the second half, the Rockets got the ball went downcourt and Yao scored a basket. While the Hawks were down court on offense, the refs stopped the game because they realized the teams hadn't switched baskets. After deliberating, the refs decided to RESTART the 2nd half even though 40 seconds had gone off the clock. So they can decide to wipe out a basket for something petty like that, but not if a team has 6 players on the court?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ForceOfNature
    Yeah, this whole thing is ridiculous. Ref's should not have allowed the basket, and they should have set the clock back to however much time was set and Portland would re-inbound the ball. That's the logical thing to do in that scenario. Just re-do the thing, 6 on 5 is an absolute disgrace. The ref's are at it once again.
    It was the Blazers fault for having that many people out though. It should have been a TO.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Rule infractions have to have penalties, else there's no disincentive to trying them. If you know they'll give you the ball back if you do get caught then why not try playing six men?
    you should read the quote from the ref in jeff's post on this (linked by truehoop). If they caught it before the basket, it would have been blown dead, a T would be called and then the team would get the ball back.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    you should read the quote from the ref in jeff's post on this (linked by truehoop). If they caught it before the basket, it would have been blown dead, a T would be called and then the team would get the ball back.
    Interesting, well then that would obviously been the right call. The ref should not have counted the basket and be suspended regardless.

I was replying to Gibson.

Quote Originally Posted by SCY
    This whole idea of the refs not being able to "reset" the play is a load of BS that people are pulling out of their ass. My memory on this is a bit fuzzy but a few years ago the Rockets were playing I think the Hawks. It was the start of the second half, the Rockets got the ball went downcourt and Yao scored a basket. While the Hawks were down court on offense, the refs stopped the game because they realized the teams hadn't switched baskets. After deliberating, the refs decided to RESTART the 2nd half even though 40 seconds had gone off the clock. So they can decide to wipe out a basket for something petty like that, but not if a team has 6 players on the court?
    the difference is that is an error on the officials part, not a violation of the rules by a team. Probably fall under different parts of the rulebook. I am sure the refs did the proper response based on the rules the NBA has established.

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather
    It was the Blazers fault for having that many people out though. It should have been a TO.
    Again, my understanding is that it would be a T against the team with 6, but that the possession wouldnt change.

I can understand why boston fans are mad, but again, they lost by what.... 5? Maybe it got into the players heads, but in the long run it didnt lose them the game. Imagine if it'd happened with 10 secs in the 4th and a close game.

LOL, any clips?

The game was closer than the score. C's were within 1 with 2 minutes to go, and within 2 in the final minute (i think) but lost by more because they were forced to foul at the end.

Banned

they actually counted the basket?