Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast
    College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

Default Re: Scathing Letter from Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert

Quote Originally Posted by icemanfan
    This!
    but gilbert is the guy in the relationship. money can fix most problems and the girls will forgive him for acting up once when he was angry and drunk.

that came off very sexist, but trying to stick with the metaphor here

Dan Gilbert is a little *****. He kept this inside all this time, wouldn't have said a damn thing if LeBron came back, and I'm sure LeBron is reassured now in his decision to leave. Gilbert's such a big man talking about the guy after he's gone.

why live??

Dan Gilbert for the win.

This is impressive.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    Yeah. Too bad Cleveland doesn't have "friends" that do them favors like giving them Pau Gasol for peanuts.

Remember when Michael took Magic's crown away in '91 and never looked back?

It'll be 10x more painful when LeBron and Wade do it to Kobe. Enjoy.
    Explain how that is more painful? It would take behind Kobe the next two best players in the league joining forces to take him down and the Heats third best player being arguably as good or better than Bryant sidekick. I can't wait to see an NBA Finals where Kobe unleashes another19 point quarter on the Miami Hate and the lone gun slinger Kobe the last of a dying breed of player steps on this evil empire basketball trinty rips their hearts out like only Kobe can and does so by showing his black mamba teeth and deadly glare. Go get numero seis Mr Mamba

Local High School Star icemanfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Explain how that is more painful? It would take behind Kobe the next two best players in the league joining forces to take him down and the Heats third best player being arguably as good or better than Bryant sidekick. I can't wait to see an NBA Finals where Kobe unleashes another19 point quarter on the Miami Hate and the lone gun slinger Kobe the last of a dying breed of player steps on this evil empire basketball trinty rips their hearts out like only Kobe can and does so by showing his black mamba teeth and deadly glare. Go get numero seis Mr Mamba
    Oh please. Good God man you have to be shitting me. The Lakers have stacked the deck for years. If the Heat win a championship next year it will be no less valid than this years Lakers team with Odem , Gasol and Artest. Kode did nothing on his own. Mike did nothing on his own. Neither did KG or anyone else in the league. Its a team sport.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by icemanfan
    Oh please. Good God man you have to be shitting me. The Lakers have stacked the deck for years. If the Heat win a championship next year it will be no less valid than this years Lakers team with Odem , Gasol and Artest. Kode did nothing on his own. Mike did nothing on his own. Neither did KG or anyone else in the league. Its a team sport.
    the lakers/celtics/spurs/etc., never stacked the deck the way those three stooges have... there's a huge difference.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    the lakers/celtics/spurs/etc., never stacked the deck the way those three stooges have... there's a huge difference.

I'd take a prime Shaq + a good role guy (ala Fisher or Horry) over Wade + Bosh any day.

The way I see it, LeBron just wants to be able to play with two other talented players. The same as what Kobe has had the benefit of for many, many years of his career by pretty much circumstance alone.

Banned

Cavaliers team value drops 250 million overnight, and people want to know why Dan Gilbert is lashing out.

They are just a paperweight now.....

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

meh, I have no problem with his letter. Lebron acted like a little ***** in his decision (and more importantly the way he handled it). Saying he hadnt made up his mind till yesterday morning? BS
    "I dont want to have to be the man on the team and score 30" = little *****

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike

Really? So Karl Malone and GP never went to LA to play with three time champs Shaq and Kobe? The team that Magic said was made to win a championship not just make it to the finals? That never happened? Because as Spurs fans remember it that was the only reason for the gap between the 03 and 05 championship teams. Too bad they got cocky and did not finish the job.

Pretty classless, and unprofessional thing for Gilbert to say publicly. He maybe right, buy you don't say that ish publicly.

This makes Cleveland even more less attractive to play for.

I hope Gilbert never becomes the owner of a soccer team, because he could become a serial killer.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kujo
    Pretty classless, and unprofessional thing for Gilbert to say publicly. He maybe right, buy you don't say that ish publicly.

This makes Cleveland even more less attractive to play for.
    why not? Dude is a sellout. I dont see how it makes it less desirable to play there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasi
    I hope Gilbert never becomes the owner of a soccer team, because he could become a serial killer.
    he reminds me of Glen Close in Fatal Attraction.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    why not? Dude is a sellout. I dont see how it makes it less desirable to play there.
    Well, it wasn't desirable to play there in the first place. No one wants to go there and especially now that LBJ is gone.