Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: The NBA's top 4 scorers with 0:24 or less at the end of the game

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    not surprised that lebron is more clutch than kobe
    cuz lebron usually passes them, he only takes them when he has a wideeeeee open shot duhh

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    You brought it up.
    Actually, no I didn't. I was responding to another of your tangents that had nothing to do with the topic, specifically listing championships won.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    That's nice. But what does it have to do with the topic at hand?
    You know exactly what it has to do with the topic. Lebron's been in 3 finals, 2 of them he was not good in the 4th quarters in which many of the games were close.
    And what do you not understand about DRtg and the 70's decade? There's a reason why the NBA Finals was on tape delay until the 80's.
    I don't understand how in one instance you try to use DRTG as an excuse for Kobe's poor playoff/finals showings and to somehow show he played better defenses than Jordan... then when the same metric says that a 'weak era' is actually by far the toughest defensive era ever, all of a sudden you start talking about tape delays

All I'm saying is at least try to stay consistent.

Actually, no I didn't. I was responding to another of your tangents that had nothing to do with the topic, specifically listing championships won.

I don't understand how in one instance you try to use DRTG as an excuse for Kobe's poor playoff/finals showings and to somehow show he played better defenses than Jordan... then when the same metric says that a 'weak era' is actually by far the toughest defensive era ever, all of a sudden you start talking about tape delays

All I'm saying is at least try to stay consistent.
    You keep on making excuses and are consistent at doing so. I'm just saying that Kobe has played elite defense in the Finals and when Jordan played against a defense that was on that level, he shot around the same as Kobe did. Defense in the early 00's was elite, every stat you can think of shows that it is better defense than the 80s and 90s, no not going to compare the 70s,60s,& 50s because it was clearly a deferent league-something you don't get for some reason. DRtg, TS%, eFG%, FG%, PPS all at it's lowest in '98-2004 since '79-80 season. Don't worry dude, your man Jordan won a title, FMVP, MVP, a scoring title and made the all-nba first team in the '98 season, which was great defensive season.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease mikek85's Avatar

Kobe is GOAT obviously

Banned

You keep on making excuses...
    Yeah I'm gonna leave this thread here. I'm the one making excuses? That is so hilarious it's almost scary.

Well, back to the drawing board for you I suppose. Can't wait to see what you cook up next before you backtrack away from it. DRTG just went the way of 'advanced zone defense'. Good luck to you

Yeah I'm gonna leave this thread here. I'm the one making excuses? That is so hilarious it's almost scary.

Well, back to the drawing board for you I suppose. Can't wait to see what you cook up next before you backtrack away from it. DRTG just went the way of 'advanced zone defense'. Good luck to you
    While you're leaving keep comparing the. 50s,60s,&70s decades to the modern era. Bbbbut look at the drtg of the 73 season
    You're making excuses to not accept DRTG.

Banned

While you're leaving keep comparing the. 50s,60s,&70s decades to the modern era. Bbbbut look at the drtg of the 73 season
    You're making excuses to not accept DRTG.
    I learned from the best. buh buh buh look at the '04 Timberwolves or Kings DRTG compared to the Bad Boy Pistons and their Jordan rules

And how am I not 'accepting' DRTG? DRTG tells me that the early-mids 70s is by far the greatest defensive era in NBA history. Who am I to argue against that infallible metric?

Go to sleep. Soon, you'll have more Kobe excuses that you'll back track from once I expose you. Until then, let's hope Bean stops choking in the clutch and helps his HOF teammates reach .500
    Last edited by DonDadda59; 02-01-2013 at 01:42 AM.

I learned from the best. buh buh buh look at the '04 Timberwolves or Kings DRTG compared to the Bad Boy Pistons and their Jordan rules

And how am I not 'accepting' DRTG? DRTG tells me that the early-mids 70s is by far the greatest defensive era in NBA history. Who am I to argue against that infallible metric?

Go to sleep. Soon, you'll have more Kobe excuses that you'll back track from once I expose you. Until then, let's hope Bean stops choking in the clutch and helps his HOF teammates reach .500
    Oh wow. Are you purposely trying to be ignorant?