Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Avery Bradley vs Iman Shumpert

I'm going with Shumpert. He's got the size and size is king. I'm unbiased. because I don't care about the Knicks and I hate the Celtics and wouldn't give any Celtic any kind of credit even if they deserved it.....oh wait. Just ignore that last part.

Wow people saying Shumpert has better IQ. I saw him blow layups, I saw him flying without sense all over the court, and then I saw Bradley cutting without the ball and playing off his teammates, in the flow of offense (which is rare nowdays). I think Bradley is the smarter player, has better work ethic, and jeez, he's on a legit organisation getting experience, while Shumpert wasting his young days learning from likes of Earl Smith and Anthonies.

I say it's Bradley, fairly easy.

I am your soldier!

Games as a starter last year:

Bradley: 38 games

10.8 pts / 1.7 ast / 2.7 reb / 1 stl / .4 blk / 1.6 to / 2.3 fouls in 31.3 min

on 47.7 fg% / 38.5 3pt% / 76.8 ft%
    Shumpert: 36 games

9.4 pts / 3 ast / 3.3 reb / 1.7 stl / .1 blk / 2.2 to / 3.2 fouls in 31.7 min

on 39 fg% / 31.5 3pt% / 81.1 ft%
    I think the only thing that Shumpert has a clear advantage in is his size, but Bradley is one of the fastest guys in the league. He beats anyone to the spot on defense. As you can see though, Bradley quadruples Shump's bpg at his smaller size.

Bradley is more efficient offensively, a very good cutter, averages less turnovers, and less fouls while playing as good or better defense.

I'd take Bradley 9 times out of 10, but I really like Shumpert too. There's a reason Bradley was such a highly ranked prospect out of high school.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Shumpert if he returns to health.

Whoever recovers quicker.

Kawhi over both.

Quote Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
    Wow people saying Shumpert has better IQ. I saw him blow layups, I saw him flying without sense all over the court, and then I saw Bradley cutting without the ball and playing off his teammates, in the flow of offense (which is rare nowdays). I think Bradley is the smarter player, has better work ethic, and jeez, he's on a legit organisation getting experience, while Shumpert wasting his young days learning from likes of Earl Smith and Anthonies.

I say it's Bradley, fairly easy.
    What a biased post.

^better bball IQ: Shumper or Bradley? Answer the question.

I don't see enough of the Celtics to know how good Bradley is. But I CAN tell you that Shumpert's basketball IQ is very good. At the beginning of the year, he was playing PG and that's not his position. He settled down once he played SG.

And Shumpert CAN score. Watch him blow by people and put in monster dunks. Incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLVh88AUnQc

Good High School Starter Celtic_Pride's Avatar

Bradley easily. I have seen Shumpert fall for the pump fake quite a few times and he also takes a lot of stupid shots compared to Bradley

There's a reason Bradley was such a highly ranked prospect out of high school.
    ESPNU ranked him #1 ahead of Wall, Cousins, Favors etc. This is why I think Bradley has the higher upside

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybrook
    I see more consistency in Avery from an offensive standpoint, even with his size disadvantage. He makes great cuts and can hit that corner 3 like no one's business. His on-ball defense is outstanding, and even though he has a size disadvantage there as well...

<reference block from behind on dwade>

Uh, uh, Mr. Dwayne Wade!

Wade looking back towards the ref before he even hits the ground

I haven't seen enough of Avery to really comment, but I can't wait till we get Shump back, he's ferocious on the ball. Haven't seen a defender like that on our team in forever.

Banned

Wouldn't be worrying much about Shumpert's injury, if you look him up he is doing very well. His return was meant to be January but most reports say he will be back earlier than expected and has been a beast with his recovery. I'd say Shump's ceiling is higher than Bradley's but atm Bradley has a slight edge, but saying that he has also had an additional season to get his game together and adjust to NBA level.

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Bradley. But I'll gladly take Shumpert as consolation.

Shump. I seen him lock up Rose and Wade in their matchups. Bradley on Rose?

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trentknicks
    Wouldn't be worrying much about Shumpert's injury, if you look him up he is doing very well. His return was meant to be January but most reports say he will be back earlier than expected and has been a beast with his recovery. I'd say Shump's ceiling is higher than Bradley's but atm Bradley has a slight edge, but saying that he has also had an additional season to get his game together and adjust to NBA level.

I was trying to find something on him the other day, can you point me where to look?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SevereUpInHere
    I was trying to find something on him the other day, can you point me where to look?
    give me a couple, will post in the thread