Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Default Re: Euroleague Basketball 2011-12 Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    For one thing, Teodosic is a two guard on defense. For another thing, he is not a pure point guard on offense. Not with his 3-4 wild heat checks in every game.

Also, he plays nothing at all like Nash does. Completely different type of players.

And Teodosic is awful on defense at the one, because he's not a point guard on defense. He's bad at defense a bit at the two guard, but nothing that bad though.

Playing him defensively at the one is really stupid.

Also, Teodosic isn't a great shooter by an means. Not like Nash anyway. He's what I would call a good shooter with crazy range and a quick release. But "great shooter" is not how you would describe him. His shot is very very inconsistent and extremely streaky and he is usually quite inefficient with it.

I am a huge Teodosic fan, but I honestly see no comparison or similarity to Nash at all. I would compare him to younger Jasikevicius, although he's not as good of a shooter or as good at pick and roll as Saras was.

But then again, I would say that Teodosic might actually be a more talented player.
    One of the reasons CSKA lost is because Teodosic was guarding Jackson . That was very bad coaching decision . He isnt great shooter like Navarro or Caroll but he is one of the best shooters in Europe ( he made 15 from 30 3 pt shoots in top 16 , only one player made more than him ) , just because he shoots 4 or 5 times in a games that doesnt meen that he isnt pure pg . CSKA president that Teodosic is most talented forgin player to play for CSKA but needs to work harder so he can reach his potential .

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    One of the reasons CSKA lost is because Teodosic was guarding Jackson . That was very bad coaching decision . He isnt great shooter like Navarro or Caroll but he is one of the best shooters in Europe ( he made 15 from 30 3 pt shoots in top 16 , only one player made more than him ) , just because he shoots 4 or 5 times in a games that doesnt meen that he isnt pure pg . CSKA president that Teodosic is most talented forgin player to play for CSKA but needs to work harder so he can reach his potential .
    Agreed. That said, while I haven't checked the stats, it seemed like Teodosic didn't play that many minutes. Maybe he was there but just sucking.

I've been told Kirilenko took a lot of time taking photographs with fans. Props to him.

I hope Panathinaikos wins, it's the only team I think can beat CSKA (if they somehow manage to beat us ).
    Barcelona can too, but they rely too much on Navarro.

Diamantidis vs Teodosic would be a great matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    I hope Panathinaikos wins, it's the only team I think can beat CSKA (if they somehow manage to beat us ).

CSKA does not want PAO to win because they always lose to them at the biggest games. Just think if PAO somehow upset CSKA, it could be PAO and Olympiacos at the final.

Olympiacos has to just finish the game at home against Siena and then right now they are playing better than Barca is.

Best thing in sports would be this PAO-Olympiacos final in basket and Real Madrid and Barca champions league final in football.

I cant belive Teodosic is guarding Jackson again . Mumbru 3 fauls in first quarter , Bilbao will lose .

CSKA and Oly are going to F4

Both of the games tonight were outstanding. So far this is one of the best playoffs I can remember. I can't wait for game 5 of PAO and Maccabi.......

Also, CSKA is obviously a tremendous team and they are the best team in Europe. I don't think there is a single NBA team that could hang with CSKA in a 7 game series.

However, we have seen from the game at Galatasaray and the 2 games at Bilbao that they are vulnerable in a hostile environment.

So I think CSKA will want Maccabi to win. Because if PAO wins, then the final four will be loaded with hostile Greeks, due to the rivals being there and that it is in Istanbul, where it's close and easy for Greeks to get tickets.

I don't think CSKA wants PAO, because it could be a hostile home court type of advantage in the semifinal, and so far that is the only way teams have been competitive with them.

Finally, Siena's season ended up as a big disappointment, based on the level of their players and coaching. Like Olympiacos last year, only without the excuse of 3 main players being injured.

Andersen had a great series. Zisis, as usual, is the most clutch European guard ever and showed up to try to save the day by himself at the end.

But somehow, they just didn't have it in this series. Stonerook looked old and McCalebb was obviously a bit bothered by facing a team that is very athletic, and wasn't as effective as normal - still a great player though.

Oh, and for Grinder, Siena changed their strategy of double and triple teaming Spanoulis (because it was not working with being down 2-1) and he got 19 points in 27 minutes, without even forcing the issue that much on offense, just picking his spots.

Funny how that works, for that "awful overrated POS player". He's becoming a nightmare for the opponents. You play him straight up and it's 20 points, high shooting percentage, and open shots created for others, or you trap him, and double and triple him, and he passes the ball around and Olympiacos, which is loaded with good shooters starts bombing threes...........

Teams are totally stuck against Spanoulis unless they have a great one to one defender that can hold him. Moss did real good with the traps and help defenders coming to help him, but in single coverage today he got burned. And Moss is a hell of a damn good defender.

"Spanoulis is overrated".........
    Last edited by Euroleague; 03-30-2012 at 05:23 PM.

And not Euroleague related, but for the Olympics, it looks good for Russia and Greece right now. Their players are playing really well right now. They could have their best teams in a LONG time. CSKA's players are almost like Russian national team and Greece's help players (Vasileiadis, Vougioukas, Mavroeidis, Printezis, Kaimakoglou) are all playing really well, along with their youngsters that are just doing great for their age (Mantzaris, Sloukas, Pappas, Papanikolaou, Giannopoulos, Giankovits).....

Greece and Russia are going to be damn good this summer, if their players keep their current form.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 03-30-2012 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000

I don't know.......I don't think it would be good to see spitting and dirty plays (Diamantidis) and cheap shots and losing control on the court (Teodosic) in a final four. Look at what happened in Greek Finals a couple years ago. It was epic disaster.............and remember that arena will be full of PAO fans that hate Teodosic and he hates them. Most PAO fans just see a symbol of Olympiacos when they see Teodosic. And unlike Papaloukas, he won't just like flip the crowd off or something. He will lose his cool and start kicking guys in the nuts and stuff.

It could be a disaster for Euroleague, if a Greek Finals style riot broke out at the final four.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 03-30-2012 at 05:24 PM.

I cant belive Teodosic is guarding Jackson again . Mumbru 3 fauls in first quarter , Bilbao will lose .
    Kazlauskas is a very good offensive coach, but he makes some very dumb decisions. He almost wrecked Greece's national team with some of his odd moves.

Both of the games tonight were outstanding. So far this is one of the best playoffs I can remember. I can't wait for game 5 of PAO and Maccabi.......

Also, CSKA is obviously a tremendous team and they are the best team in Europe. I don't think there is a single NBA team that could hang with CSKA in a 7 game series.

However, we have seen from the game at Galatasaray and the 2 games at Bilbao that they are vulnerable in a hostile environment.

So I think CSKA will want Maccabi to win. Because if PAO wins, then the final four will be loaded with hostile Greeks, due to the rivals being there and that it is in Istanbul, where it's close and easy for Greeks to get tickets.

I don't think CSKA wants PAO, because it could be a hostile home court type of advantage in the semifinal, and so far that is the only way teams have been competitive with them.

Finally, Siena's season ended up as a big disappointment, based on the level of their players and coaching. Like Olympiacos last year, only without the excuse of 3 main players being injured.

Andersen had a great series. Zisis, as usual, is the most clutch European guard ever and showed up to try to save the day by himself at the end.

But somehow, they just didn't have it in this series. Stonerook looked old and McCalebb was obviously a bit bothered by facing a team that is very athletic, and wasn't as effective as normal - still a great player though.

Oh, and for Grinder, Siena changed their strategy of double and triple teaming Spanoulis (because it was not working with being down 2-1) and he got 19 points in 27 minutes, without even forcing the issue that much on offense, just picking his spots.

Funny how that works, for that "awful overrated POS player". He's becoming a nightmare for the opponents. You play him straight up and it's 20 points, high shooting percentage, and open shots created for others, or you trap him, and double and triple him, and he passes the ball around and Olympiacos, which is loaded with good shooters starts bombing threes...........

Teams are totally stuck against Spanoulis unless they have a great one to one defender that can hold him. Moss did real good with the traps and help defenders coming to help him, but in single coverage today he got burned. And Moss is a hell of a damn good defender.

"Spanoulis is overrated".........
    I think its Teodosic fault because their losses in Euroleague this season . He lets crawed and opponents get to him and than he cant do anything . I will never understand how can someone act like a little kid on the court entire game and than hits last shoots like he is in practice .

I don't know.......I don't think it would be good to see spitting and dirty plays (Diamantidis) and cheap shots and losing control on the court (Teodosic) in a final four. Look at what happened in Greek Finals a couple years ago. It was epic disaster.............and remember that arena will be full of PAO fans that hate Teodosic and he hates them. Most PAO fans just see a symbol of Olympiacos when they see Teodosic. And unlike Papaloukas, he won't just like flip the crowd off or something. He will lose his cool and start kicking guys in the nuts and stuff.

It could be a disaster for Euroleague, if a Greek Finals style riot broke out at the final four.
    C'mon, that would be great
    Gotta love rivalries.

Diamantidis is gonna destroy Teodosic IMO, CSKA's coach didn't even let him guard Ra

[QUOTE=chains5000]C'mon, that would be great
    Gotta love rivalries.

Diamantidis is gonna destroy Teodosic IMO, CSKA's coach didn't even let him guard Ra

Teodosic wouldnt guard Diamantidis , he was guarding Jackson (who is better than Lopez) so there is a chance of him guarding Diamantidis but that will only show how stupid Kazlauskas is if he lets that happen .Last time CSKA played against PAO they won by 15 , and Kirikenko didnt play . Teodosic had 10 assist and 4 or 5 points in that game , that shows that you can stop him from scoring but you cant stop his passes .
    I don't know, Teodosic has really disappointed me these last two games (not in the games played in Russia).
    I know he was guarding Jackson, just meant he couldn't even guard his reserve IMO.