Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kobe Bryant: "Nobody has won more championships than me in my entire generation."

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    He was considered the consensus best player on the planet and was on the best team in the western conference.

So how many HOFers were playing during or near their peak during this period Kobe was considered best player? Not many. So this isn't really that remarkeable.

Kobe was the best player for the entire series in the Finals in both years he won Finals MVP.

No, he wasn't. His points total is not indicative of his performances, nor did he show his clutchness when it mattered, which Gasol did. Gasol was better in both series.
    He made some underserved defensive teams maybe, but in his prime he was a good defender, not overrated.
    Wow, you conceed only that he had SOME undeserved defensive teams? LOL Id say all of his first Defensive team selections were undeserved, and Id say even at his peak he had defensive flaws not shared by good to great defenders in the league at the time and in the past.
    That point doesn't make sense.

In 2009-10, the 8th seed in the West won 50 games, pretty weak huh?
    So Kobe isn't great, great point...
    Yeah it was weak, the thunder were too young to be contenders, san antonio had its worst version of contending teams its had before, mavericks team didnt have chandler yet, A phoenix team with nash and stoudemire without Joe Johnson, Portland with a young roy and aldridge, nuggets teams with melo and chauncey, but really not a contender, and last is the jazz who were not even worth mentioning. So yeah, Western conference was weak indeed.

"We're all surrounded by idiots"
    -Kobe Bryant
    "We're all surrounded by Kobe-tards"
    -Poido123

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Default Re: Kobe Bryant: "Nobody has won more championships than me in my entire generation."

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Do they? Or is it you don't want to hear or see anything negative against your favourite player?

Pau Gasol was considered by many to be the better player out of the two. I have seen some radical justifications of Kobe's performances and his no show in the big games, to the point where I wonder if any Kobe fan thinks at all rationally. There are a few of you, so Im not directing this at the knowledgeable Laker fans..
    Funny how you only want to deal with Pau's performance as it applies to 2010, but conveniently want to ignore his performances since then? Well....it's not like you have an agenda or anything....right?

It's also funny how you state, that Pau was supposedly considered "by many" to be the better player, but conveniently, again, post no links to back that up. And that's only cuz no credible sports journalist would ever say such a thing. That's exactly why knowledgeable Laker/Kobe fans already know you're full of sh*t

Brian, why are you even still here?

Banned

this guys like the dude on the corner of the freeway holding a paper bag saying the us caused 9/11, jews run the world, MK Ultra controls us, illumaniti controls us all, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    Funny how you only want to deal with Pau's performance as it applies to 2010, but conveniently want to ignore his performances since then? Well....it's not like you have an agenda or anything....right?

It's also funny how you state, that Pau was supposedly considered "by many" to be the better player, but conveniently again post no links to back that up. Why is that? Knowledgeable Laker/Kobe fans already know you're full of sh*t
    There you go. Link: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...=233167&page=2

Id conceed that the opinion is kinda divided, not by most. However nearly all the opinions of Kobe being the finals MVP is from Kobe fans, funny that And considering ISH is dominated by Laker fans.

TWO finals MVPS

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    There you go. Link: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...=233167&page=2

Id conceed that the opinion is kinda divided, not by most. However nearly all the opinions of Kobe being the finals MVP is from Kobe fans, funny that And considering ISH is dominated by Laker fans.

So....no....ESPN, NBA.com, FoxSports, etc article....huh....32dayz/godzuki/miamithrice/poido? Big surprise. I REST MY CASE!!!!
    Last edited by LakersReign; 10-04-2012 at 12:55 AM.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    TWO finals MVPS
    They were always going to give the Finals MVP to Kobe Bryant. Whether or not he deserved it is a different question. I for one think Pau Gasol was better than him in the 2010 finals.

Kobe Bryant - 2 time NBA Finals MVP (2009, 2010)

FACT

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    G.O.A.T. isn't even close to being the same kind of poster as pauk, number six, etc. He's one of the most knowledgeable and most objective posters on this site. After reading his posts for three years now, I have no idea who his favorite player(s) and team is.
    Dog, I'm literally the single most objective poster on this forum. It's pretty obvious when I'm being sincere about something or when I'm joking/trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign

So....no....ESPN, NBA.com, FoxSports, etc article....huh....32dayz/godzuki/miamithrice/poido? Big surprise. I REST MY CASE!!!!
    So when it comes to ESPN or any other network opinion, it is somehow better than what the fans believe or think? Im pretty sure they get it wrong alot, and Im also sure they make crazy predictions that leave the fans scratching their head.

I was merely pointing out a link where it had been discussed and argued by other people other than me. Nice red bars btw LOL

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by b1imtf
    I'm not a huge Kobe fan, but in 09 his team wasn't that good
    Neither was their competition. Really weak actually, especially in the Finals.

The second best, arguably "the best" team was ravaged due to injury.

Local High School Star Mr Know It All's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    this guys like the dude on the corner of the freeway holding a paper bag saying the us caused 9/11, jews run the world, MK Ultra controls us, illumaniti controls us all, etc.
    What are you blathering about? The guy is making a contrary argument to a popular belief when it comes to a basketball player. You know, someone who plays a game wherein you shoot a ball into a hoop.

It's totally subjective, and he has every right to come to his own opinion about a player based on other evidence and criteria than what you deem "acceptable".

It's like me saying that people who believe Kobe is an all time great are akin to those who supported the Iraq war initially because the media told them so. Why do people have to get so personal when it comes to debating players? Why can you not just debate someone sensibly without resorting to crap like this?

Honestly grow up.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Nobody has won more championships as "the man" than me in my entire generation. - Tim Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    Neither was their competition. Really weak actually, especially in the Finals.

The second best, arguably "the best" team was ravaged due to injury.
    The 09 Magic were a better defensive team than 80% of the defensive teams Jordan faced in the Finals and likely 90% of the defensive teams Jordan faced in the playoffs overall.