Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Good college starter

Default Re: ESPN: NBA Player's Performance Overseas Already Damaging NBA Brand

V Span before =NBA waterboy

VSpan after = Euroleage Final Four MVP

FTW. LMAO

Nobody cares about the stupid ****ing Euroleague, or any other European basketball league. Get the **** out of here.

As DeJuan Blair goes, so goes the NBA.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    As DeJuan Blair goes, so goes the NBA.
    It was his attitude and his price.

The writer failed to mention that Big Sofo, one of Euroleague supposedly best big man failed to make it to Clippers training camp.

Saw a basketball once

Methinks Euroleague, crazed troll that he is, wants to be trolled back. If a Nick Young-esque poster says something trollishly skewed about European basketball in response to EL saying something equally trollish and untrue about the NBA, it fuels EL's agenda: namely, painting the NBA (and by extension its fans) as isolationist and uninformed about world basketball/FIBA.

By inciting people to troll him, EL actually becomes a voice of reason (in very isolated snippets of his posts, only when lambasting people who counter-troll him with dubious info). It's why he is so abrasive - he wants to be trolled, because measured and thoughtful posts comparing NBA/Euroleague(the league not the poster)/FIBA/National Leagues give him no chance to trumpet his own authority and get on his anti-NBA/USA soapbox. If no one counter-trolled EL the poster, his frothing righteous indignation would be completely unwarranted, and obviously insane to any observer. It is obvious even now, but EL gets to make the occasional accurate factual correction re:counter-trolling. Look how often EL calls others trolls - he is trying to drag the conversation into the mud, where no one has authority, and his voice can seem relatively sane. In a land of trolls a crazed troll is king.

This all serves to play up the us/them dynamic between International bball and NBA bball, which is insane; posters from many countries participate in this NBA forum and appreciate world bball/National leagues/Euroleague (league)/National Team tournaments. Others are capable of enjoying multiple brands of basketball and acknowledging differences without trashing one league or another. Now, I know that many in this forum will forever be polarized on some issues, whether it be Kobe/Lebron or 60s/70s/80s/90s/2000s superiority or pauk/Alphawolf. It's the nature of this type of discussion. But EL the poster wants to add NBA vs International Basketball to those battles, and personally I don't want to give him the satisfaction.

Eurobasket was entertaining, and though I prefer NBA playoffs, it doesn't mean I have to choose one or the other. One can appreciate Boston vs Los Angeles and Spain vs France, or PAO vs Olympiakos, or the final four of Euroleague (league), or the NCAA tournament, etc, etc, etc. If you love basketball played at a high level, you can avoid the counterproductive better league/worse league argument by noting their completely different situations/circumstances/histories/rules/etc. Only when one needs to prop up a player as UNQUESTIONED best, regardless of circumstance, explaining away any criticism or ambiguity, do they need to resort to such absurd tactics.

TLDR:

Don't feed the crazed troll

and i'll end with a verse:

If only Van Gundy could predict
    Euroleague's hate since 2006,
    perhaps he would have given
    shots & minutes to number 10;
    and his fan - the crazed troll - might be fixed.

Banned

It's because role players are involved. Let's see LBJ being sent home or Durant...

Its not saying he isn't good. It's saying he's just not worth how much they had to pay him. Biiiig difference.

Default Re: ESPN: NBA Players Performance Overseas Already Damaging NBA Brand

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague

Yep, Rose did not deserve MVP...at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    It was his attitude and his price.

The writer failed to mention that Big Sofo, one of Euroleague supposedly best big man failed to make it to Clippers training camp.
    I saw Sofokoliks play. It. Was. Horrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Its not saying he isn't good. It's saying he's just not worth how much they had to pay him. Biiiig difference.
    "The problem appears to have been simply that they could get similar production for less from any number of other players."

It's saying that Russian players are available that are just as good and demand less money.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco

Rejecting with authority, every single American player that even dared come near the rim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e88fY_-m6SI

The only "horrifying" thing was how pathetic those American players looked trying to score against Sofo.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    FIBA World Championship and the Olympics are now rigged. They are no different than the NBA anymore. I won't even watch the Olympics basketball tournament next summer. It was a complete joke in 2008. The 2010 WC was the biggest disgrace I have ever seen in sports history.

I honestly don't care if USA wins every game by 100 points because it's just rigged. And I will not be surprised one bit if USA does not lose another game for 20-30 years. Because the games are so rigged.

Hell, the entire 2010 WC tournament was obviously predetermined. FIBA even got scared after the backlash, which was extreme because people were so angry.

At one time, these tournaments had meaning. They now have no meaning. It's just like watching WWE. It's not an actual sports competition.

I still like EuroBasket and Americas tournaments. They are still good and worth watching, but the other two have become completely unwatchable, rigged, scripted, fixed, hot garbage.

Hell, I hope USA wins every game by 50 points next summer. That way people will stop watching it and the Olympics will lose money and then maybe the tournament will be cancelled. Because it's become such a huge joke after 2008 anyway. It's just a black mark on basketball now.

And what a strange coincidence that this all started after David Stern got control over the FIBA council appointments......what a strange and bizarre coincidence that is.

I was goin to try and join in on this convo...till this post....
    No point..

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kerinth
    Methinks Euroleague, crazed troll that he is, wants to be trolled back. If a Nick Young-esque poster says something trollishly skewed about European basketball in response to EL saying something equally trollish and untrue about the NBA, it fuels EL's agenda: namely, painting the NBA (and by extension its fans) as isolationist and uninformed about world basketball/FIBA.

By inciting people to troll him, EL actually becomes a voice of reason (in very isolated snippets of his posts, only when lambasting people who counter-troll him with dubious info). It's why he is so abrasive - he wants to be trolled, because measured and thoughtful posts comparing NBA/Euroleague(the league not the poster)/FIBA/National Leagues give him no chance to trumpet his own authority and get on his anti-NBA/USA soapbox. If no one counter-trolled EL the poster, his frothing righteous indignation would be completely unwarranted, and obviously insane to any observer. It is obvious even now, but EL gets to make the occasional accurate factual correction re:counter-trolling. Look how often EL calls others trolls - he is trying to drag the conversation into the mud, where no one has authority, and his voice can seem relatively sane. In a land of trolls a crazed troll is king.

This all serves to play up the us/them dynamic between International bball and NBA bball, which is insane; posters from many countries participate in this NBA forum and appreciate world bball/National leagues/Euroleague (league)/National Team tournaments. Others are capable of enjoying multiple brands of basketball and acknowledging differences without trashing one league or another. Now, I know that many in this forum will forever be polarized on some issues, whether it be Kobe/Lebron or 60s/70s/80s/90s/2000s superiority or pauk/Alphawolf. It's the nature of this type of discussion. But EL the poster wants to add NBA vs International Basketball to those battles, and personally I don't want to give him the satisfaction.

Eurobasket was entertaining, and though I prefer NBA playoffs, it doesn't mean I have to choose one or the other. One can appreciate Boston vs Los Angeles and Spain vs France, or PAO vs Olympiakos, or the final four of Euroleague (league), or the NCAA tournament, etc, etc, etc. If you love basketball played at a high level, you can avoid the counterproductive better league/worse league argument by noting their completely different situations/circumstances/histories/rules/etc. Only when one needs to prop up a player as UNQUESTIONED best, regardless of circumstance, explaining away any criticism or ambiguity, do they need to resort to such absurd tactics.

TLDR:

Don't feed the crazed troll

and i'll end with a verse:

If only Van Gundy could predict
    Euroleague's hate since 2006,
    perhaps he would have given
    shots & minutes to number 10;
    and his fan - the crazed troll - might be fixed.
    good post

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco

Sofo averaged 2.5 points, 3.8 rebounds, 2.8 fouls and 2.3 turnovers per game in summer league, shooting 33% from the field and 46% from the line.

Clips have high hopes with this guy. But he was a big disaapointment.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    It's because role players are involved. Let's see LBJ being sent home or Durant...
    What about Williams then? He's an allstar caliber player. His production thus far has been commonplace. His stats are not necessarily bad, but they aren't great either. For what he's getting paid, he should be playing better than he is now. There's no doubt Williams is a pretty good player. He's just not the worth contract given to him by Besiktas.

Of course, Williams won't be sent home, but he should if he continues his rate of play.
    Last edited by Rent; 10-16-2011 at 03:13 PM.