Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    BRINKER
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Poor Blake Griffin

The Clippers aren't going to get a new coach this year because of how much contract Dunleavy has left, so either one of two things can happen:

Either the Clippers have a good season this year and contend/qualify for a playoff spot, and Dunleavy keeps his job (which would be acceptable if they actually have success)....

Or, the Clippers have another disastrous season, and Sterling has absolutely no choice but to can Dunleavy and hire new blood.

So really this is the season where something has to give. Either we have success or we get a new coach. Frankly we are at a point where that itself is a win-win scenario.

The real Jeff

David Stern: We have a trade. The Los Angeles Clippers trade the number one overall pick to the San Antonio Spurs for Matt Bonner.

Seriously, I'm waiting for the Clippers to **** this up.

Stop being so stupISH. Rose-2-Wolfe's Avatar

I have not read all the posts in this thread but count me in for the "this sucks" category. The playoffs have been mostly boring since the Celtics/Bulls series and although this is a weak draft, I was looking forward to the lottery and seeing what team would get Griffin.

I am sorry but I don't like the Clippers at all. I don't understand why anyone else would like them either. They are one of the most painful teams to watch despite all that damn talent doing nothing each season.

The owner of the team does not care about winning, so why should I care about his team? The Clippers are so fortunate to be in L.A. and piggy-backing the Lakers; they are able to survive like cockroaches after a nuclear war.

There are so many other more deserving teams that could have used the shot in the arm that Griffin would have provided...it's just sad. Some of those teams are nearly dying because of the financial aspects of running a team that is not located in a major-market. Griffin could have done so much for the Kings, Pacers, Grizzlies, Thunder, etc.

I was really looking forward to watching this kid play next season, but now? Who cares. And what the hell are they going to do with Thug Randolph now? Will Blake come off the bench? F#%k the clippers.

Blake Griffin is ****ed, unless they make a trade.

Zach Bo, Kaman, Camby downlow all need 30 minutes each, that leaves nothing for Griffin, one of those is a must trade.

BD
    EG
    Thornton
    Griffin
    Camby

Kaman off bench

trade Zbo for whatever

Quote Originally Posted by laview
    Not calling myself an expert, but after spending some time in Spain and a little bit of online research you will see that Spain in not Italy or France. Spainish cuisine is not internationally famous. It is kind of like England where you will find two or three signature dishes that represent their culture, but overall the food doesn't stand out that much. That being said, very few places are famous for their food like France or Italy or Chinese cuisine. That being said, Spain is an amazing place that I can't wait to go back to visit again.
    Lol, you have no ****ing idea what you're talking about.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lebowsky
    Lol, you have no ****ing idea what you're talking about.
    He actually is right.

Fail

I'm spanish and he's VERY wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    Eh? Beasley looks like Jamison. Can put up numbers but looks like a guy that won't make teammates better and can't put in work on the other end.
    I can see minor similarities, but overall a poor comparison. Beasley is far more athletic and a more natural scorer. I see much more potential defensively with Beasley, and you can't even mention them in the same sentence at the same age.

People need to realise that Beasley would have averaged 20 and 8 given 35 minutes a night. He is a special offensive talent.

the Heat organisation are developing him into a winning ball player, a luxury Jamison didnt get at GSW.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    I can see minor similarities, but overall a poor comparison. Beasley is far more athletic and a more natural scorer. I see much more potential defensively with Beasley, and you can't even mention them in the same sentence at the same age.

People need to realise that Beasley would have averaged 20 and 8 given 35 minutes a night. He is a special offensive talent.

the Heat organisation are developing him into a winning ball player, a luxury Jamison didnt get at GSW.
    He reminds me of an athletic Z Bo.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore FULL CLIP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    He reminds me of an athletic Z Bo.
    Good comparison, but he doesn't rebound aswell as Z.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease JazzDoc's Avatar

Couldn't he pull a 'Kobe' and refuse to play for the Clippers?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JazzDoc
    Couldn't he pull a 'Kobe' and refuse to play for the Clippers?
    He was raised better than that.

What wrong with the Clippers?
    Who would be upset with LA?

Quote Originally Posted by Valliant13
    The thing is if they ditch Dunleavy, and career losers like Ricky Davis and Z-Bo, they have a fantastic young core to build around.
    PG- A Motivated Baron
    SG: A underrated young star in Eric Gordon
    SF: A fundamental shakey but talented Thorton
    PF: A potentially Beastly Blake
    C: Very solid Chris Kaman

They would be one of my favorite teams to watch...if the didn't have the aformentioned poison that destroys the potential of everyone around them.

we said this last season

BRINKER
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by rawimpact
    we said this last season

its a work in progress but the Clippers do have assets. with a little more maneuvering, they could defintely be on the verge of becoming a force in the West.

Baron Davis
    Eric Gordon
    Zach Randolph
    Chris Kaman
    Al Thornton
    Marcus Camby
    Blake Griffin
    DeAndre Jordan
    Mike Taylor

i dont know if any team in the league has that many players that are or could be starters. they just have to figure out how it all fits. and they need a better coach.