Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: Lebron just lost major points in my book (and got owned).

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    huh?...

I own a mercedes S430...it is higher quality and has "proven" better preformance and a smoother ride than any toyota...
    The Most Unreliable Cars
    Sedans most likely to send you back to the dealer. Worst performer first.

1.) Mercedes-Benz - S-Class - $100,000
    2.) Jaguar - S-Type - $51,000
    3.) BMW - 7 Series - $94,000
    4.) Jaguar - X-Type - $33,000
    5.) Mercedes-Benz - E-Class - $64,000
    6.) Mercedes-Benz - C-Class (V6) - $40,000
    7.) Volvo - S60 (AWD) - $32,000
    8.) Saab - 9-3 - $35,000
    9.) Pontiac - Grand Prix - $25,000
    10.) Volkswagen - Passat (AWD) - $28,000
    11.) BMW - 5 Series - $58,000

I'm talking about reliabilty here. I consider that as a big part of the quality of a car. Toyota and Volvo have been at the top of those lists year after year after year. If a czr is unreliable I can't consider it as high quality, sorry.

"Straight-Six, Automotive Journalism without the Restrictor PlatesIn the face of the 2000-2005 S-Class sedan garnering a reputation as one of the most unreliable Mercedes to own."

I could go on. You get the point. Prices don't indicate quality. Look at food. The budgetbrands are produced in the same factory as your regular Heinz etc products. The difference is the label and the price. It's the same with the shoes.

And still you havent given me any proof why Lebrons are 'no question' of higher quality. What you're doing is assuming. Guessing.

God

Default Re: Assuming Lebron said this....

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    and they are made back easily. Most of the shoe technologies dont get any better. Shoes arent noticably better than they were 10 years ago. Most of the technologies are basically the same.

I get my Nike's for free but I know they are usually crappy in terms of quality. Every1 on my team goes through at least 2 pairs every bball season of 130-150 dollar shoes. Sorry but thats not quality.
    I agree, I need at least 2 pairs of shoes for a full basketball season. Nike shocks are very low quality in terms of durability, the shox tear apart after one solid month of basketball. The insides of the shoes also tend to tear quickly. The $135 on the box is just the retail price Nike suggests, it has nothing to do with the actual value of the shoe.

shhhhhhh

air pocket placement and design cost them millions to create
    yes that's correct and marketing those air pockets cost another wad of cash...that's why Nike's cost more than other shoes, not because they are that much better but because they spent that much more bringing them to market

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

the first Starbury review that poped up on google...

Overall Rating: 5 or 15 Shots
    The final rating of these shoes really depends on what you're using them for. If you want something that looks cool to walk around in, then the Starbury Ones are a damn good shoe for $15. You could probably even use some gel inserts to make them more comfortable. BUT...if you expect to play basketball in them, you're going to be tragically disappointed. Not only will you end up with chronically sore feet to go along with your aching knees and ankles, the shoes aren't constructed well enough to last long under the pressure of serious balling. This isn't in the tagline, but Marbury might have created the first fully disposable basketball shoe.

http://basketbawful.blogspot.com/200...oe-review.html

all of you calling me dumb for saying the Nike's are higher quality need to just face the truth and get real...I don't care if they are made by the same asian slaves and with the same materials...MORE THOUGHT AND MONEY WENT INTO DESIGNING THEM...PERIOD

if you guys want to go give that thin leather a try on the court go for it...

and I still think that the real question here is "WAS LEBRON SAYING THAT IN A JOKING MANNER OR WAS HE STRAIGHT FACED"...

funny thing is, i still can play on my reebok atr swaggers from a few years ago. no fancy stuff, just a very plain shoe and they fit really nice.

http://www.tarmac.de/shop/media/Reeb...AGGER_110k.gif

just like these nike 2k3's

http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/...resized200.jpg

simple shoes, nothing too fancy. just like the ones marbury sells.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    and they are made back easily. Most of the shoe technologies dont get any better. Shoes arent noticably better than they were 10 years ago. Most of the technologies are basically the same.

I get my Nike's for free but I know they are usually crappy in terms of quality. Every1 on my team goes through at least 2 pairs every bball season of 130-150 dollar shoes. Sorry but thats not quality.

The funny thing about Bron is that i believe that he is prob ignorant to why people wouldnt like Nike as a company. He just doesnt seem very inteligent or in touch with major issues. For someone who wants so much he does little to better himself in order to achieve it.
    Someone buy some Starbury's and disect them and I'll do the same with any of my old Nike's. I don't see what dissection would prove per say since there's an element of performance and durability also at question but you'll see the styrofoam I'm talking about in the Starbury. Or you could just take the insoles out, or just take the paper out that's stuffed in them and the insole will accidentally rip some of the way out.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    yes that's correct and marketing those air pockets cost another wad of cash...that's why Nike's cost more than other shoes, not because they are that much better but because they spent that much more bringing them to market
    Nope they cost that much becuase they simply trying to maximize profits. The same reason they "exploit" 3rd world worker(there is some debate to be had there, depends on p.o.v.).

God

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    Do you think that Starbury does not advertise? Advertising is an expense to any company. The money used to develop the air pockets was easily made back.

if you guys want to go give that thin leather a try on the court go for it...
    marbury plays on them. ben wallace will wear them

sheed has been playing on air force ones. shoes i really dont like to play on. but they are practically the same as they were, what...15 years ago? so much for all the time and money nike has been investing. how many games did ben wallace, sheed and marbury miss due to ankle, knee and other leg related injuries? not many.

shhhhhhh

the thing i noticed is the older shoes pre air pockets feel better for longer, the air pocket shoes start to feel odd after a period of time, like the air pockets collapsed or something

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by loot
    marbury plays on them. ben wallace will wear them

sheed has been playing on air force ones. shoes i really dont like to play on. but they are practically the same as they were, what...15 years ago? so much for all the time and money nike has been investing. how many games did ben wallace, sheed and marbury miss due to ankle, knee and other leg related injuries? not many.
    because they get paid to wear them...

Marbury is owned by Sarbury just as much as Lebron is owned by Nike...

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

That's exactly it. You bring up his stats. His stats are what made me think that he's the best.

But when I watch him play I just don't get the same impresion. I'm not impressed. I don't wow at him. I don't find him entertaining and spectacular. I don't find him that skilled.

Don't like to admit this but Wade actually looks much better to me when I watch him play.

That's just it....he's the best when you just concentrate on stats whereas other players make you wow.
    Magic had that.
    MJ had that.
    Even Duncan has that.

I just don't see that in LeBron.
    While I get what you are saying(on a basic level) I dont agree with it. Bron isnt Magic and Jordan. Or even Gervin/VC/Mcgrady/Drexler when it comes to just beautiful moves. He and Wade are more like Nique, Grant Hill, and players like that. But ive always enjoyed both ends. Wade seems more robitic than Bron does to me. Bron has some smooth elements.

Only thing that he does that annoys me is the fake look away pass where he throws it...then looks off. Its strictly for show and doesnt even look good as that. Just.....odd.

Aside from that his game is pretty entertaining. As far as who is best to watch at the top of their games id put him next to Nash, Wade, Duncan, and Mcgrady as my favorites. Kobe used to be. 03 and before. But Kobe doesnt really entertain me now. Impresses me. But not really entertain.
    Last edited by Kblaze8855; 03-29-2007 at 06:37 PM.

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by DatZNasty
    Someone buy some Starbury's and disect them and I'll do the same with any of my old Nike's. I don't see what dissection would prove per say since there's an element of performance and durability also at question but you'll see the styrofoam I'm talking about in the Starbury. Or you could just take the insoles out, or just take the paper out that's stuffed in them and the insole will accidentally rip some of the way out.
    this guy did...

Wearability: 5 Shots
    This is where the Starbury Ones fail. They just aren't comfortable. They ride high and really grip the ankle. This means that the shoes are hard to get on, rub the hell out of your ankle while you're wearing them, and then they're hard to take off. They're also rather big and clunky for basketball shoes, reminiscent of basketball shoes from the mid-90s. Fortunately (or unfortunately), the leather is thin and so the shoes are actually pretty light.

Speaking of the leather...it has all the flexibility of a cardboard box. Maybe there's a breaking-in period or something, but instead of comforming to the movement of your feet, the leather actually "caves in" while you walk. This caving-in process can produce sharp little indentations that poke your feet. This doesn't just happen while you're hooping it up, either; it also happens when you're just walking around. It's both annoying and a little painful.

The shoes don't have any arch support either, and there's very little padding, so it can feel like you're running up and down the court with a couple wooden planks strapped to your feet. Due to the weak sole and complete lack of arch support, it's difficult to jump and accelerate when running out on a fast break (not to mention the "clomp, clomp, clomp" sound you'll make while running). This will be a deterrent to almost anyone who plays competitive basketball, but especially to someone like me who has flat feet. By the end of the night, both of my feet were sore and my left knee was aching. I don't know how Stephon is going to get through next season playing in these things.

http://basketbawful.blogspot.com/200...oe-review.html

because they get paid to wear them...

Marbury is owned by Sarbury just as much as Lebron is owned by Nike...

they get paid to not get injured? companies pay them to wear bad shoes?

put it the other way around kiddo: bron wears the shoes because he gets paid. and you wear them because you want him to get paid i guess.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by KINGofTHEcourt
    Do you think that Starbury does not advertise? Advertising is an expense to any company. The money used to develop the air pockets was easily made back.
    yes i realize starbury advertises... lol but how many players is starbury paying to endorse thier shoes? in all the various sports? if starbury's advertising budget was 1/100th of nikes then i'd be surprised...